Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #55928
View in linear mode

Subject: "anyone still using the hrc blackbox/volt clamp?" Previous topic | Next topic
97eclipseRSSep-10-03 04:47 AM
Old School 2GNTer
940 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#55928, "anyone still using the hrc blackbox/volt clamp?"

reason is i've been having sooo many problems getting my car to not cut fuel under part throttle/loaded boost. it seems that my ML lets in just a bit of boost for a sec and the map sees it and cuts fuel. i've had many diff ML's and have changed out the map and it still happens. I CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT. i've thought it through and discussed it a billion times. it seems that my ecu is just much more sensitive than everyone elses. it won't allow very much deviation from atm press. anyway, the only solution i see now is to put the black box on w/ the ML. it sucks and i REALLY don't want to, but i see no other choice. what'ya all think?

- Dan

HRC Stage 2|30lb injectors|S-FMU|Walbro255HP|AFX UDP|B&M Short Shifter w/ Symborski Shift Kit|Rear Strut Bar|Power Slot Rotors|more...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

thedawgSep-10-03 06:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#55939, "RE: anyone still using the hrc blackbox/volt clamp?"
In response to Reply # 0

What are your static, idle, and on-boost fuel pressures?

Sounds like you need to turn your FP down.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

turbo8uSep-10-03 07:09 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#55950, "RE: anyone still using the hrc blackbox/volt clamp?"
In response to Reply # 1

i have the black box on right now (no ml)

works like a charm
_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

siueclipseSep-10-03 07:32 AM
Member since Nov 28th 2002
3504 posts,
#55953, "RE: anyone still using the hrc blackbox/volt clamp?"
In response to Reply # 2

im using the hrc fcd.. no probs.

97eclipseRSSep-10-03 08:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
940 posts,
#55956, "RE: anyone still using the hrc blackbox/volt clamp?"
In response to Reply # 1

>What are your static, idle, and on-boost fuel pressures?
>
>Sounds like you need to turn your FP down.

stat is about 32, idle is about 20. it's def not too much fuel. my ft's are perfect and my 02's are about .96-.97 at WOT. i've dicussed this exact problem many times before here, but what happens is if i accel under a load into boost at part. throttle, when i hit 0-2psi i get fuel cut. this doesn't happen if the car isn't under load, and it only happens when the baromet. press is above 101kpa. it's not that the ML is clogged b/c i've cleaned it very well about 10 times already. when i went upstate into the mountains for a couple weeks it didn't happen at all. is it possible that i got some freak super sensitive ecu? normally the ecu should allow a bit of pressure increase in order to compensate for the wide variety of elevations that people live in, but it seems like mine doesn't allow much of an increase. according to my data logger, whenever i get fuel cut my map reading is never over 103 if the baro press is 102 and never over 102 if the baro is 101 and so one. it seems like juist a small amount of boost gets in as the ML is closing. it's never that extreme though. it's not lioke a lot of boost is getting through. weird. it's just happening all the time now, i guess atm press here is high now... dunno

- Dan

HRC Stage 2|30lb injectors|S-FMU|Walbro255HP|AFX UDP|B&M Short Shifter w/ Symborski Shift Kit|Rear Strut Bar|Power Slot Rotors|more...

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #55928 Previous topic | Next topic