Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #55377
View in linear mode

Subject: "my T-25 turbo isn't catching and is slow off the draw... need help and suggestions" Previous topic | Next topic
zsimonsSep-02-03 02:03 PM
Member since May 29th 2003
25 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#55377, "my T-25 turbo isn't catching and is slow off the draw... need help and suggestions"

I bought the car with a t-25 turbo set-up with stock injectors, and a SFMU, what is the biggest size injector I can run with what ratio disk, without using a SAFC. i think this might be why the turbo isn't catching and is real slow off the draw. if you have other suggestions let me know please thanks.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: my T-25 turbo isn't catching and is slow off the draw... need help and suggestions, siueclipse, Sep-02-03 05:55 PM, #1
RE: my T-25 turbo isn't catching and is slow off the draw... need help and suggestions, Collente, Sep-02-03 06:01 PM, #2
RE: my T-25 turbo isn't catching and is slow off the draw... need help and suggestions, zsimons, Sep-02-03 06:24 PM, #3
RE: my T-25 turbo isn't catching and is slow off the draw... need help and suggestions, alain95i4, Sep-03-03 04:18 AM, #4
      RE: my T-25 turbo isn't catching and is slow off the draw... need help and suggestions, invaznGST, Sep-03-03 04:34 AM, #5
           RE: my T-25 turbo isn't catching and is slow off the draw... need help and suggestions, RxR_Eclipse, Sep-03-03 04:40 AM, #6
                RE: my T-25 turbo isn't catching and is slow off the draw... need help and suggestions, grneclipse, Sep-03-03 07:09 AM, #7

siueclipseSep-02-03 05:55 PM
Member since Nov 28th 2002
3504 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#55394, "RE: my T-25 turbo isn't catching and is slow off the draw... need help and suggestions"
In response to Reply # 0
Sep-02-03 05:56 PM by siueclipse

sounds like a blown turbo to me

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

CollenteSep-02-03 06:01 PM
Member since Sep 20th 2002
2447 posts,
#55395, "RE: my T-25 turbo isn't catching and is slow off the draw... need help and suggestions"
In response to Reply # 0

Do you have any boost leaks? Also you might want to check to see if the wastegate is closed all the way.
BTW make sure you dont use the safc to correct fuel that much. It advances the timing and boom! Use it for small corrections and use the SFMU to the fullest.
Nick
97RS

turbo8u> shut your SUCK

zsimonsSep-02-03 06:24 PM
Member since May 29th 2003
25 posts,
#55399, "RE: my T-25 turbo isn't catching and is slow off the draw... need help and suggestions"
In response to Reply # 0

well i don't think it's blown for the fact that it still kicks in but not for awhile. i guess it could be if that is what happens. like even when i pass and stuff it doesn't kick in. it's like it takes a long time so then there really is no kick you know. only sometimes and some speeds. its hard to explain

alain95i4Sep-03-03 04:18 AM
Member since Jan 28th 2002
794 posts,
#55412, "RE: my T-25 turbo isn't catching and is slow off the draw... need help and suggestions"
In response to Reply # 3

can we have a picture of your setup ?

and just for one test run, disconnect the rubber hose that goes to the wastegate actuator if you see no difference the wastegate is stuck open this happens once in a while

Alain

invaznGSTSep-03-03 04:34 AM
Member since Jul 22nd 2002
3897 posts,
#55413, "RE: my T-25 turbo isn't catching and is slow off the draw... need help and suggestions"
In response to Reply # 4

are you a 420a or 4g63? how much boost are you running? my T25 kicks in at full boost at like 2000-2500rpms. and i'm running 15-16 psi

Mark

'95 Eclipse GST - gone
'00 Jetta GLS

RxR_EclipseSep-03-03 04:40 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1792 posts,
#55414, "RE: my T-25 turbo isn't catching and is slow off the draw... need help and suggestions"
In response to Reply # 5

Yea mine also gets going so fast that it is like having a supercharger. If you have a 4G63 then you probly have a blown turbo, (new berings and such are pretty cheap), if you have the 420A version with a custom turbo kit, then you need to mod your wastegate actuator different. That is what is holding you back.

Kevin
The old:

The new:

grneclipseSep-03-03 07:09 AM
Old School 2GNTer
743 posts,
#55425, "RE: my T-25 turbo isn't catching and is slow off the draw... need help and suggestions"
In response to Reply # 6

he's turboed 420a, similar to rxr eclipse above me

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #55377 Previous topic | Next topic