Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #54533
View in linear mode

Subject: "ok almost done with install but one question" Previous topic | Next topic
zhr420Aug-21-03 01:03 PM
Old School 2GNTer
557 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#54533, "ok almost done with install but one question"

ok i have completed everything including the FPR that comes with a star stage 2 setup but i have not installed the fuel pump yet.
can i start that car to check for leaks while the car is in the air with out the fuel pump? i am not gonna rev at all just check the intercooler pipin and the oil lines for leaks.
later
"Z"

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

sonikbewmAug-21-03 02:02 PM
Member since Dec 01st 2001
4011 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#54536, "RE: ok almost done with install but one question"
In response to Reply # 0
Aug-21-03 02:03 PM by sonikbewm

I'm going to say yes, it would be alright to turn it on and just let it idle.

Jason
'11 Ford Mustang GT/CS
'11 Ford Mustang V6 6-Speed (SOLD)
'04 Nissan 350z Touring (SOLD)
'95 Turbo Eclipse GS (SOLD and will be missed)
'90 Talon TSi AWD (SOLD)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

juggaloAug-21-03 02:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2945 posts,
#54539, "RE: ok almost done with install but one question"
In response to Reply # 1

you mean with the stock fuel pump in, right? it should be fine to start it but you can't check the intercooler piping for leaks if your not boosting.

dsm/mitsubishi service manuals https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5k14qlaulb9s1/dsm_mitsubishi

service manuals(my whole collection) https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ac51jwwa3g1n1/automotive_manuals

zhr420Aug-21-03 03:45 PM
Old School 2GNTer
557 posts,
#54552, "RE: ok almost done with install but one question"
In response to Reply # 2

doh! didn't think of that.
well i am gonna start it and see what happens
later
"Z"

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #54533 Previous topic | Next topic