Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #541
View in linear mode

Subject: "constantly running fan" Previous topic | Next topic
Dave16gtDec-29-00 12:05 PM
Old School 2GNTer
38 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#541, "constantly running fan"

Hey guys, Ive heard of some turbo DSM's that have a constantly running fan. I guess it is possible to re-wire the fan so it will be on all the time, helping keep the engine cool. Does anyone know how to do this and do you think it would help at all?

Dave16gt

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: constantly running fan, 95ESi, Dec-29-00 02:45 PM, #1
RE: constantly running fan, Greg, Dec-29-00 06:55 PM, #2
      RE: constantly running fan, BoostnRS, Dec-31-00 09:52 AM, #3
      RE: constantly running fan, BoostnRS, Dec-31-00 09:52 AM, #4
           An Idea, Greg, Dec-31-00 02:20 PM, #5
                I've done the fan mod., SaberKhan, Dec-31-00 06:18 PM, #6

95ESiDec-29-00 02:45 PM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#542, "RE: constantly running fan"
In response to Reply # 0

You can rig the a/c fan to turn on permanently from the fuse block. Do a search in the talon archives and you will find out the exact procedure.

l e o n

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

GregDec-29-00 06:55 PM
Old School 2GNTer
392 posts,
#543, "RE: constantly running fan"
In response to Reply # 1

Also, is it possible to put a switch in the car so you can turn BOTH fans on at the touch of a button and still have the fans turn on if the temp get's hot too! I wanna know how to join the fans so they both run at once! Please help! I want my Sh%# to run cool! Also is there a 180 degree Thermostat out there for our cars? preferably a Stant thermostat. Thanks!

Greg Williamson
1999 Eclipse GS "Sport" (Sold)
Star Stage III
12.817 @ 109.36

BoostnRSDec-31-00 09:52 AM
Old School 2GNTer
204 posts,
#544, "RE: constantly running fan"
In response to Reply # 2

If you have a turbo timer.. here's what you can do !

wire up both of your fans to the turbo timer. So that when your turbo timer counts down, both fans will be activated for the time, that your car is timing. I've seen this done before just have been to lazy to actually do it.

BoostnRSDec-31-00 09:52 AM
Old School 2GNTer
204 posts,
#545, "RE: constantly running fan"
In response to Reply # 2

If you have a turbo timer.. here's what you can do !

wire up both of your fans to the turbo timer. So that when your turbo timer counts down, both fans will be activated for the time, that your car is timing. I've seen this done before just have been to lazy to actually do it.

GregDec-31-00 02:20 PM
Old School 2GNTer
392 posts,
#546, "An Idea"
In response to Reply # 4

The only thing I have figured out for cooling is when the motor shut's off get back in the car and turn the key to the on position and turn it off again but don't start the car. The turbo timer will stay on, then turn your AC on and it should start the AC fan in front of the turbo in the engine bay!, you have a running fan (cooling fan) on a timmer (but only one fan )! I set min for like 10 min. Works great but I wanna know how to join the fans so they both run. Help!

Greg Williamson
1999 Eclipse GS "Sport" (Sold)
Star Stage III
12.817 @ 109.36

SaberKhanDec-31-00 06:18 PM
Old School 2GNTer
994 posts,
#547, "I've done the fan mod."
In response to Reply # 5

I wired mine up so that I could turn both fans on with a switch I mounted in my arm rest on the door. You have to run a wire to the ac fan, then jump a wire to the engine fan. You have to remove the fuse and put the wire on the two most left prongs, then jump the wire over and put it on the middle, or right prongs. I cant really remember. I wrote it down somewhere. Then connect it to a switch and voila. My switch is pretty cool, it lights up at night. I also installed a high flow fan where the old air box used to be. It sits between there and the ECU under the hood so that it blows on the filter. Its a 200CFM fan, so it blows pretty hard. Its weather proof and hooks up to the battery. I installed a switch for it as well. Then I mounted a thermometer near the air filter and saw temps drop from 180 degrees to 95 degrees (in the summer). My thermometer is reading in the 50 degree range now. God bless winter =o)

91 awd: 60-1, 880's, E-Prom, etc.
93 awd: JDM 6 bolt, K&N, full exhaust, Wally 255, otherwise stock.

R.I.P. the original "Factory Freak"
15.5's with short ram and catback only
1996 RS 5-speed

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #541 Previous topic | Next topic