Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #507
View in linear mode

Subject: "stock fuel regulator on 1995 and SFMU" Previous topic | Next topic
95ESiDec-28-00 07:41 PM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#507, "stock fuel regulator on 1995 and SFMU"

BACKGROUND INFO first:

fuel rail runs parallel to intake manifold
the FPR is on the passenger side of the fuel rail
the return hose is on driver side in center
high pressure fuel line is on driver side below return hose

I have the vortec SFMU and have no idea how best to install this.

I'm thinking that I should replace stock FPR with the vortec SFMU. If I remove the stock FPR, I am faced with the problem of blocking the open end up.

However, what if I remove the vacuum hose to the FPR? What happens? Does this leave the FPR open? or does this leave the FPR regulating fuel at a constant 47PSI?

heellllp.

l e o n

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: stock fuel regulator on 1995 and SFMU, ModeratorCorbin, Dec-29-00 02:25 PM, #1
check valve on FPR?, 95ESi, Dec-29-00 02:33 PM, #2
RE: stock fuel regulator on 1995 and SFMU, 95ESi, Dec-29-00 02:36 PM, #3
      RE: stock fuel regulator on 1995 and SFMU, ModeratorCorbin, Dec-30-00 06:13 PM, #4
           great thanks for the info!, 95ESi, Dec-31-00 12:53 AM, #5
                RE: great thanks for the info!, ModeratorCorbin, Jan-01-01 05:40 AM, #6

ModeratorCorbinDec-29-00 02:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#508, "RE: stock fuel regulator on 1995 and SFMU"
In response to Reply # 0

I just pulled off the vacuum hose that goes to the stock regulator and left it hanging. I hooked the inlet side of my FPR into the fuel line off of the drivers side end of the fuel rail. The exit side of the FPR hooked into a metal fuel return line on the fire-wall. The FPR gets its vacuum signal from its own line into the intake plenum. There is a check valve connected to the bleed valve on the FPR . I've got some pics on my site if it helps.

Corbin
'95 ESI-T
HRC + FMIC
http://members.nbci.com/cbehnken/

Corbin
'97 GSX dressed like a '95 ESi

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

95ESiDec-29-00 02:33 PM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#509, "check valve on FPR?"
In response to Reply # 1

what does this check valve do?

I don't think my Vortech super FMU has a check valve...

thanks!

l e o n

95ESiDec-29-00 02:36 PM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#510, "RE: stock fuel regulator on 1995 and SFMU"
In response to Reply # 1

If I'm gonna be yanking the vacuum signal from the stock FPR, could I use that signal and put it to my SFMU instead? (saves me the trouble of teeing off something..

l e o n

ModeratorCorbinDec-30-00 06:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#511, "RE: stock fuel regulator on 1995 and SFMU"
In response to Reply # 3

My HRC instructions say to leave the stock FPR in place on the fuel rail...we both have 1995's...it should work fine for you too. The check valve keeps air from entering thru the bleed valve on the Adj FPR when there is vacuum in the intake manifold. If you didn't have the check valve, it would be like having a vacuum leak whenever you weren't boosting. Pull the vacuum line for the stock FPR off of the nipple on the plenum and let it hang off of the stock FPR. Get a new vacuum line and run it from the now unused nipple on the plenum to the Adj FPR. I would reserve that vacuum line solely for the FPR . A nice spot to mount the Adj FPR is on the drivers side firewall where the relays are. It is easy and safe to run the fuel lines there. It also allow for easy access to the adjustments on the FPR. You can pull the relays from there bracket and let them rest next to the battery. If necessary, you can easily make a bracket for the FPR out of 1/8x1" aluminum bar stock.

Corbin
'95 ESI-T
HRC + FMIC

Corbin

95ESiDec-31-00 12:53 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#512, "great thanks for the info!"
In response to Reply # 4

GReat! Thanks for the info! Now I feel safe in installing my vortech SFMU.

Now my next prob is what size of fuel hose is it? I went and bought some 3/8 only to find out that they were too big... =(

btw, what is the size of your FMU? I wonder if my Vortech SFMU is the same size are yours, Corbin?

l e o n

ModeratorCorbinJan-01-01 05:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#513, "RE: great thanks for the info!"
In response to Reply # 5

My Bell Eng FPR is about a 4" diam disk. From the idle adjustment screw to the tip of the fuel in/out ports is ~6". It's an odd shape, but it fits rather well where the relays are located. The fuel lines can hug the firewall and go behind the winsheild washer fluid container. I'm using 1/4" fuel line, it works just fine. Good luck...

Corbin
'95 ESI-T
HRC + FMIC

Corbin

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #507 Previous topic | Next topic