Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #50606
View in threaded mode

Subject: "200 SHOT and EGT???" 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
yellowRSJun-16-03 10:52 AM
Member since Mar 24th 2002
200 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#50606, "200 SHOT and EGT???"

Tomorrow I am going to shoot a 200 shot to my car for the first time. What is the max EGT I should get?

CAR SOLD
New ride 03 red SRT-4

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
BoostedGSJun-16-03 11:50 AM
Member since Jun 30th 2002
1329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#50607, "RE: 200 SHOT and EGT???"
In response to Reply # 0

Oh, I'd say about 1900, or maybe 2000! Are you seriously running a 200 shot of nitrous?? What have you done to the engine to handle it?

You are not your job.
You're not how much money you have in the bank.
You're not the car you drive.
You're not the contents of your wallet.
You're not your fu**ing post count.

97 Eclipse GS - *SOLD*
01 Audi A6 2.7T
01 YZF-R6

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeametxJun-16-03 12:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#50608, "RE: 200 SHOT and EGT???"
In response to Reply # 1

better hope he's got billet rods and top of the line pistons some super sexy CP's or something. JE's w/ eagles are NOT going to hold that. Your insane.

Nitrous_RS1997Jun-16-03 12:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1311 posts,
#50611, "RE: 200 SHOT and EGT???"
In response to Reply # 2

well, you still dont wanna be over 1600... just like with turbo. thats when shit starts to melt or detonate. speaking of detonation.. you BETTER run completely only 110 or higher octane and retard the hell out of your timing. goodluck, and dont blow yourself up!

www.TeamKLR.com
1997 Silver RS
Wiseco 10.5 Pistons
Eagle Rods
T3/T4 Turbo
Custom FMIC
Greddy Exhaust
440's

BlitzdEclipse99Jun-16-03 12:26 PM
Member since Apr 01st 2002
388 posts,
#50612, "RE: 200 SHOT and EGT???"
In response to Reply # 2

He's running a built block if I remember right. I hope your gonna have that 200 shot on a controller, if not then bye-bye pistons, tranny, and axles. You better have some serious supporting mods, the neon guys are hitting 200s but with fuel/ignition upgrades and host of other shit. Just a built block won't handle that much N20, I'd try a 125 or MAYBE a 150 first, but not a 200 shot.

Custom Computers
http://www.virtual-octane.net

lonnie1977Jun-16-03 01:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
364 posts,
#50618, "RE: 200 SHOT and EGT???"
In response to Reply # 4

Be sure to post the outcome!!!

1998 Eclipse GS,Hahn Stage 2 Turbo Kit w/ Missing Link and Vortech SFMU,TurboXS Type H RFL, Turbo XS HP Boost Controller, Corbins Digital A/F Gauge,Apex N1 Exhaust,Autometer Gauges

soulcontrollerJun-16-03 01:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#50619, "RE: 200 SHOT and EGT???"
In response to Reply # 5

and pics of the aftermath!

just kidding. i ran a 50 shot for about a year hehe.

siueclipseJun-16-03 02:29 PM
Member since Nov 28th 2002
3504 posts,
#50624, "RE: 200 SHOT and EGT???"
In response to Reply # 6

I can see it now....

BOOM

soldier101Jun-16-03 05:58 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3862 posts,
#50633, "RE: 200 SHOT and EGT???"
In response to Reply # 7

video tape that shit!

turbo8u: "jiggle jiggle then vroom vroom pshhhh"
-Mike Pruett
2gnt member# 976
MOPAR Stage 2
SRTForums.com member #37 (Yeah, I signed up when it first came out, and ended up getting one, cool huh?)
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
- General George Patton (1885-1945)

Teamdougie2Jun-16-03 06:25 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#50635, "RE: 200 SHOT and EGT???"
In response to Reply # 0
Jun-16-03 06:26 PM by dougie2

I miss my nitrous days, I'll be using it again soon though! Here's a couple tips:

Watch your EGTs... stay under 1600*F!
Watch your A/F Ratio!
Run 112+ octane fuel...
Retard the ignition timing at higher RPMs...
Use a progressive controller for anything over 125...
oh yeah, HAVE FUN!

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

mkerleyJun-17-03 05:36 AM
Old School 2GNTer
944 posts,
#50647, "RE: 200 SHOT and EGT???"
In response to Reply # 9

finally time to test it out?? Let us know how it turns out. If it works out alright, I'll have to get a ride next time I'm in L'ville!

good luck.

99GS MT | Star Stage 2 | GC coilovers | HurriganeGS tie bars | Tokico Illuminas | 17x7 Enkei RS5 | Baer track brakes |+

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #50606 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic