Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #492
View in linear mode

Subject: "HELP WYATT -- adjustable FMU, static fuel pressure, boost pressure" Previous topic | Next topic
95ESiDec-28-00 04:49 PM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#492, "HELP WYATT -- adjustable FMU, static fuel pressure, boost pressure"

Should I install my adjustable FMU in line with my existing FPR or should I replace my FPR?

And if I install it inline how do I do that?

As well what should the static fuel pressure be?

And should I change the calibration discs or leave it alone (cause it's using the largest one.

help...

l e o n

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamWyattDec-30-00 08:06 AM
Old School 2GNTer
211 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#493, "RE: HELP WYATT -- adjustable FMU, static fuel pressure, boost pressure"
In response to Reply # 0

Leon, you should replace the stock FPR with the SFMU from vortech. The SFMU sets your fuel pressure so there is no need for the stock FPR. Idle fuel pressure should be around 47-50psi.
I ran about 90psi of fuel pressure @ almost 6psi of boost and I KNOW that was running pretty fat, my EGT didn't go above 820c even in long 34rd & 4th gear pulls.
We are the first to actually use the SFMU for the Star Kits, most get the standard FMU and works fine and you wouldn't have to worry about all this extra crap.
theoretically, I would think you could still use the stock FPR and just put the adjustable FMU in line with the fuel rturn line. IF possible, it would be better to just rid of the stock FPR and replace it with the SFMU.
Again, i will be back home after the first (Jan 2) and I should be able to better help you.

Wyatt Leras
http://www.turbogs.dsmpower.com
98 Eclipse GS Star Stage 5,000 Turbo kit

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

95ESiDec-30-00 11:15 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#494, "removing stock fpr on 1995, how?"
In response to Reply # 1

Now my problem is that I don't see any way of ridding the stock FPR. (I don't think it's the same as yanking the vacuum line from the stock FPR?)

The stock FPR is on the passenger end of the fuel rail, and on the driver side of the rail there is the return line and the high pressure in line.

So I'm not really sure of what to do...

l e o n

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #492 Previous topic | Next topic