Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #4854
View in linear mode

Subject: "LAST QUESTION ON A/F guage !!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
E_ME_2May-10-01 02:02 PM
Old School 2GNTer
57 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4854, "LAST QUESTION ON A/F guage !!!!"

Ok so im guessing that whatever the last bar is that lights up on the guage is what you are actually at ??

And Im worried about running too rich...thats how my previous engine blew....

Well when im cruising two green lights come on, and when I boost anything from 1-7 lbs.....the guage lights up the greens to about the middle of the rich word....is that too rich ??

Oh when I rev my engine in neutral the guage lights up almost thru the whole "RICH" word...is that normal ?

Please someone respond.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

magnusMay-11-01 09:03 AM
Old School 2GNTer
229 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4855, "RE: LAST QUESTION ON A/F guage !!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

i was told the ecu is constantly changing the air fuel mixture so the lights should actually bounce back and fourth. It should be at rich when at WOT and it should go lean if you are driving and take your foot completely off the gas. thats cause the ecu leans the air fuel mix to help slow the car..........just my 2cents...you have a turbo so i assume it will be different for you...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DAVE_FL (Guest)May-11-01 09:07 AM

#4856, "RE: LAST QUESTION ON A/F guage !!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

I dint know engines can blow from being too rich...I think it is the other way around? Too lean = Boom

DAVE_FL
97GS
AEM CAI
AFX PULLEY
AFX solid motor mount
Magnaflow exhaust
Sparkco 9mm wires
Eibach Pro Kit
tokico shocks
Altezzas
A Badass sound system
Indiglows,neons,and all that good stuff...hehe
looks mean doesn't it?

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #4854 Previous topic | Next topic