Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #474
View in linear mode

Subject: "psi to bar" Previous topic | Next topic
jcurcilloDec-27-00 03:53 PM
Old School 2GNTer
396 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#474, "psi to bar"

I always see these two ways to measure boost. Does anyone know the conversion table? I may buy a turbo kit that has a bov good for 1 to 1.5 bar. I want to keep the boost low until i find out more about the setup. Is 1bar too high to start with?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamWyattDec-27-00 03:58 PM
Old School 2GNTer
211 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#475, "RE: psi to bar"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.speckdesign.com/Tpressure.html

Wyatt Leras
http://www.turbogs.dsmpower.com
98 Eclipse GS Star Stage 5,000 Turbo kit

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

jcurcilloDec-27-00 04:09 PM
Old School 2GNTer
396 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#476, "RE: psi to bar"
In response to Reply # 1

thanks

98 Eclipse GS
no mods "yet"

jcurcilloDec-28-00 02:43 AM
Old School 2GNTer
396 posts,
#477, "RE: psi to bar"
In response to Reply # 1

Wyatt,

I was looking at this kit, but it comes with a 1g BOV good for 17 to 20psi. What if I only want to push like 12 psi? Will this BOV not work?

98 Eclipse GS
no mods "yet"

BoostnRSDec-31-00 09:37 AM
Old School 2GNTer
204 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#478, "RE: psi to bar"
In response to Reply # 0

1 bar = 14.7psi

a simple formula to convert bar to psi would be :

.6(bar) x 14.7 = 11.76(psi)

so .6 bar would be 11.7psi or 12psi to round it off...

later!

Armond30Dec-31-00 01:24 PM
Old School 2GNTer
161 posts,
#479, "RE: psi to bar"
In response to Reply # 0

14.5 psi = 1 bar

have fun!

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #474 Previous topic | Next topic