Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #44473
View in threaded mode

Subject: "#51 injectors = 515 or 525cc? hey chris/armond" Previous topic | Next topic
pn0ymahalMar-08-03 10:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#44473, "#51 injectors = 515 or 525cc? hey chris/armond"
Mar-08-03 10:27 PM by pn0ymahal

i forgot i know chris has the #51, but is it 515cc or 525cc? and who makes that for our car? only msd? direct drop in?
i know armond or chris had to let chris car idle for like 30mins before it idled normal with a 1:1 reg, but really is this safe ( rise rate etc )? like if you put it all into the fuel formula etc ( which im too lazy to do )? since i believe he is running stock idle fp and all.. i plan to run 15-20psi later and im still thinking about using the afc, or if i get enough money i might get the e-manage also ( one day )... reason im asking about these injector size and all is because i would love to raise my idle fuel pressure so i dont hear my stupid pumps hehe.
thanks guys
Michael 99gs
HRC Stage 2 @12psi
Stage 3 process begins gathering parts for rebuild

http://www.dreamwater.net/purplebeast

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
TeamMetalJimMar-09-03 01:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2135 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#44478, "RE: #51 injectors = 515 or 525cc? hey chris/armond"
In response to Reply # 0

MSD makes a 50 pounder. Rated at 50 lbs/hr @43.5psi fuel pressure - which converts to 525 cc/min.
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=24768&view=1280#largerimage

Accel has a 48 pounder, that's rated at 47.8 lbs/hr @43.5psi fuel pressure. Now, that SHOULD equate to 502 cc/min...but for some odd reason(they must test with really really heavy gas) Accell converts lbs/hr to cc/min a differently than the standard 10.5 conversion rate - and so they advertise it as being a 464cc/min injector.
http://www.mrgasket.com/accelpdf/ACCELfuelinjection.pdf

95 Eclipse RS : 5 speed
Jeep TB writeup - http://www.dimensia.com:81/jimbo/JeepTBfor2gnt.html

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMar-09-03 02:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#44481, "RE: #51 injectors = 515 or 525cc? hey chris/armond"
In response to Reply # 1

i still disagree that maxing out long term fuel trim, even with lower idle pressures, is a good way to run larger injectors. Those fuel trims are important in more than just drivability and economy. You're taking away the ECU's ability to compensate for changing conditions by running with those trims pegged. Yes, it works, and even works well - no AFC induced timing advance, the ability to provide lots of fuel, lower all around fuel pressures which make the injectors last longer, ease of tuning... All good things, but i just don't see it as an ideal solution. Something about it just doesn't sit right with me... call me crazy.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

TeamXtremeRSMar-09-03 06:16 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#44485, "RE: #51 injectors = 515 or 525cc? hey chris/armond"
In response to Reply # 0

I can control 310cc injectors just fine with lower fuel pressures, and excellent looking fuel trims, BUT, I higly doubt you will be able to get good fuel trims using such large injectors with low pressure. I may try to run some 36lb injectors with about 18 psi of idle fuel pressure and see what happens. I already have to run about 20-22 psi of fuel at idle on the 310's to make my STFT close to 0 to -5. I agree with Dino, maxxed out fuel trims is bad, and gives the ECU no room for adjustment, ESP if the STFT is maxed out.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

pn0ymahalMar-09-03 07:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
#44488, "RE: #51 injectors = 515 or 525cc? hey chris/armond"
In response to Reply # 3
Mar-09-03 07:13 AM by pn0ymahal

so if #50 msd injectors =525cc then i cant see it being #51 msd injectors. i remember from a post for sure he had msd injectors.
but i agree with you guys about max long term fuel trim out.
cool
Michael 99gs
HRC Stage 2 @12psi
Stage 3 process begins gathering parts for rebuild

http://www.dreamwater.net/purplebeast

Avenger ESTMar-09-03 06:48 PM
Member since Nov 19th 2001
658 posts,
#44512, "RE: #51 injectors = 515 or 525cc? hey chris/armond"
In response to Reply # 4

siemens makes the injectors for both msd and accell.

A.D.P.
"...If you do too much, people become dependant. If you do to little, people loose hope. If you do it right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
bring it on...........

CollenteMar-11-03 07:32 AM
Member since Sep 20th 2002
2447 posts,
#44572, "RE: #51 injectors = 515 or 525cc? hey chris/armond"
In response to Reply # 5

The Emanage will handle the bigger injectors. I see that as being the only true way to run that range of injectors on our cars. If you want injectors why not invest in an emanage and controll them right?

Nick
97RS

TeamMetalJimMar-11-03 01:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2135 posts,
#44593, "RE: #51 injectors = 515 or 525cc? hey chris/armond"
In response to Reply # 6

Emanage'll do it with 4 injectors. Also, you could get an extra injector controller and run an extra set of injectors as big as you want.

95 Eclipse RS : 5 speed
Jeep TB writeup - http://www.dimensia.com:81/jimbo/JeepTBfor2gnt.html

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #44473 Previous topic | Next topic