Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #438
View in linear mode

Subject: "Star Stage 1...What else?" Previous topic | Next topic
Tony M (Guest)Dec-26-00 01:12 PM

#438, "Star Stage 1...What else?"

Ive decided that maybe the Star Stage 1 would be my best bet with my current financial standings but I am just wondering what else I could get to help use it to the max before I reach stage 2? Im looking pretty much for a shopping list like gauges exhaust etc as my knowledge of turbos is pretty small...but I have been reading up on them these last 2 days as a result of being trapped by an ice storm. Sorry im bored...

take it easy
tony

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

SaberKhanDec-26-00 01:31 PM
Old School 2GNTer
994 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#439, "RE: Star Stage 1...What else?"
In response to Reply # 0

I'd definitely go with a high flow exhaust. It'll help the turbo spool and give a good boost in power. As far as gauges, you should have the essentials. Boost, egt, a/f. With a stage one you dont really need a boost controller, but it would be nice. Turbo timer is another good item. If you really wanted, you could get larger injectors and a S-AFC, then lean it out so you dont have to push so much fuel through your injectors. Anyhow, happy boosting =o)

91 awd: 60-1, 880's, E-Prom, etc.
93 awd: JDM 6 bolt, K&N, full exhaust, Wally 255, otherwise stock.

R.I.P. the original "Factory Freak"
15.5's with short ram and catback only
1996 RS 5-speed

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #438 Previous topic | Next topic