Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #41320
View in linear mode

Subject: "ZEX vs NOS" Previous topic | Next topic
dmotoguyJun-15-02 09:19 AM
Member since Jun 10th 2002
64 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#41320, "ZEX vs NOS"

i think i am going to get the zex kit for my 97 gs, i had been wanting to get the nos kit, but i went into a local shop today and saw zex for the first time in person, i hadnt really ever researched it because i hadnt been planning on ever having nitrous. that kit looks like it is REALLY simple and easy to install... but it is $50 or so more expensive.. i would be running the 75 shot, but then jump up to 100 when i do some fuel and ignition mods. so what would you guys reccomend and what are your experiences with the two kits.

~Sacred Imports~
-Boise Idaho-

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: ZEX vs NOS, black_eclipse_95, Jun-16-02 06:15 AM, #1
RE: ZEX vs NOS, dmotoguy, Jun-16-02 08:09 AM, #2
      RE: ZEX vs NOS, dmotoguy, Jun-16-02 08:52 AM, #3
           RE: ZEX vs NOS, phunny8, Jun-22-02 10:57 AM, #4
                RE: ZEX vs NOS, black_eclipse_95, Jun-24-02 12:40 PM, #5
                     RE: ZEX vs NOS, Lo RS 4Me, Jun-25-02 04:29 PM, #6

black_eclipse_95Jun-16-02 06:15 AM
Member since Dec 13th 2001
107 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#41321, "RE: ZEX vs NOS"
In response to Reply # 0

Zex does not make a kit for your car yet. They will be releasing it at the end of summer. They only offer it for the gs-t gsx and the 1995 rs and gs, but not the 1996 thru 1999 rs or gs. You must have a fuel return line. (a vaccume line off of your fuel rail)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

dmotoguyJun-16-02 08:09 AM
64 posts,
#41322, "RE: ZEX vs NOS"
In response to Reply # 1

is there any way i can put a vaccum line off of my fuel rail, or put a 95-96 fuel rail on?

the guy that owns the shop that is selling me the kit said that it would fit...

~Sacred Imports~
-Boise Idaho-

dmotoguyJun-16-02 08:52 AM
64 posts,
#41323, "RE: ZEX vs NOS"
In response to Reply # 2

i just found a direct port "NOS" system with a 10 lb bottle for 560... i was going to pay $570 for the Zex, does the direct port system work a lot better, and isnt the direct port A LOT better when i get my turbo?

~Sacred Imports~
-Boise Idaho-

phunny8Jun-22-02 10:57 AM
Member since Jun 22nd 2002
3 posts,
#41324, "RE: ZEX vs NOS"
In response to Reply # 3

OK, I'm sick of retards just yapping about something they dont know about. I have a 99RS and a few mods and I've been running a zex kit. For awhile now. I run a 55 shot and my car loves it. I would run higher but in 99 they changed the ignition and you cannot ajust your ignition retard. So i have to get MSD or something. Zex works AWESOME.

black_eclipse_95Jun-24-02 12:40 PM
Member since Dec 13th 2001
107 posts,
#41325, "RE: ZEX vs NOS"
In response to Reply # 4

(phunny8) First off, I am not a retard so shut you pus-- hole jack a--. Before I posted, I called ZEX directly and they are the ones that said it would not work. They said it would only work on the 95 non turbo and not the 96 thru 99 non turbo. They said it would work on all turbo models from 90 thru 99.

Lo RS 4MeJun-25-02 04:29 PM
Member since Apr 05th 2002
522 posts,
#41326, "RE: ZEX vs NOS"
In response to Reply # 5

hey hey guys, lets stop the personal attacks, we're a team here, no need to fight lets get along here. obviously he called and they say it won't work, somoen may have it on their car and it may work, but maybe not safely, ? ? ? who knows, but lets not fight

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #41320 Previous topic | Next topic