Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #413
View in linear mode

Subject: "Very best intercooler???" Previous topic | Next topic
DSM StreetZealDec-23-00 03:21 PM
Old School 2GNTer
18 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#413, "Very best intercooler???"

since i havent been able to find a thicker head gasket and like my compression. I want to know the VERY best intercooler i can get to run about 7 psi with a raised comperssion. Someone said something about a water-to-air intercooler??? I want the coolest possible air.
Thanx Isaac

Merry Christmas

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamJeff_99gsDec-24-00 06:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#414, "RE: Very best intercooler???"
In response to Reply # 0

What do you mean by raised compression? Any intercooler should make it safe to run 7psi on our engines. Unless you have a higher than stock compression ratio. (if thats that case, don't even think about turbo)

Jeff

http://gs.dsmpower.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

immigrantRyderDec-24-00 06:34 AM
Old School 2GNTer
6 posts,
#415, "What is the stock compression anyways?"
In response to Reply # 1

I've just tested mine and it from cylinder #1 (the farthest left) it went higher, like from 200-205-207-210

BoostnRSDec-24-00 12:56 PM
Old School 2GNTer
204 posts,
#416, "RE: What is the stock compression anyways?"
In response to Reply # 2

Here's the deal with the intercoolers :

Basically any intercooler will do for running 7psi. A larger intercooler will just cause a bigger "pressure drop" unless you are running massive amounts of boost. The star kit comes with a very nice intercooler, and should be efficient for at least 350hp..
Now if you want to go with Water-to-Air intercooler: its only a good idea if you run it at the track because the ice water will heat up very fast. One thing you can do tho is run a frount mount and an air-to-water intercooler.

You can actually make your own water-to-air intercooler... Just take a very small intercooler such as the stock eclipse, and built a sheet metal box around it... and will the box with ice water... VIOLA !

good luck

SaberKhanDec-24-00 05:31 PM
Old School 2GNTer
994 posts,
#417, "RE: What is the stock compression anyways?"
In response to Reply # 3

I had a similar idea once Martin. My uncle is a welder and I was going to get him to make me a container of sorts that would fit around my intake pipe and have it welded to the pipe. Then I was going to drill a hole in it and fill it with dry ice or some other cold substance and plug the hole with a bolt. It was just a thought.

91 awd: 60-1, 880's, E-Prom, etc.
93 awd: JDM 6 bolt, K&N, full exhaust, Wally 255, otherwise stock.

R.I.P. the original "Factory Freak"
15.5's with short ram and catback only
1996 RS 5-speed

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #413 Previous topic | Next topic