Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #40984
View in linear mode

Subject: "zex nitrous" Previous topic | Next topic
98gseclipseSep-12-02 03:28 PM
Member since Sep 09th 2002
4 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#40984, "zex nitrous"

can you run it on 98 gs i didn't think so but i have seen some post that says you guys can. if so what do i need and how do i hook it up i just sold my kit for 200 bucks i was in need of some cash bad. i have to race a 74' ford mavrick soon and nitrous would help.can our engine handle a 75 shot? what else do i need to run that on my stock bottom end?thanks guys

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

eXclipseEVOSep-13-02 04:39 AM
Member since Sep 10th 2002
11 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#40985, "RE: zex nitrous"
In response to Reply # 0

Is it a wet or dry kit? I'm using an NX wet kit.
I'm pretty new to the whole nitrous thing so listen to the other guys frist. But i've been using a 50 shot and everything seems great. When i go to teh track i'm gonan use a 75 shot on race fuel. You don't need to, but i like to be safe. The higher octane gas the better because the richer you will be running and wiht Nitrous you don't wanna run lean from waht i understand.

Daniel
http://members.cox.net/daniel-green/
http://kansasdsm.shorturl.com
HKS Hiper Exhaust /empty cat / CAI / magnacore wires/ NX Nitrous Kit / Custom Short Shifter/ 17X7 Wheels / Aerogear EVO-X bumper / Aerogear six vent hood NEXT UP- 97+ Factory Side Skirts / Eibach sportline springs

Daniel http://members.cox.net/daniel-green/
http://kansasdsm.shorturl.com
HKS Hiper Exhaust /empty cat / CAI / magnacore wires/ NX Nitrous Kit / Custom Short Shifter/ 17X7 Wheels / Aerogear EVO-X bumper / Aerogear six vent hood NEXT UP- 97+ Factory Side

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DownAzzDSMSep-13-02 05:34 AM
Old School 2GNTer
346 posts,
#40986, "RE: zex nitrous"
In response to Reply # 1

You should be fine with a 75 shot. It might not hurt to get a better fuel pump and such. I'm running an 80 shot, with no problems. Don't have any knowledge on the ZEX kit sorry.

Steve
Black 97 GS
First time at track 16.231 @ 86.11 (Intake & Exhaust/ 17" rims)
Best time- 14.154 @ 101.22
W/O N2O- 15.916 @ 88.98

Magnacor

DocWhiplashSep-13-02 09:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
880 posts,
#40987, "RE: zex nitrous"
In response to Reply # 2

I've been running a 75 shot on stock internals for a while now. The zex kit is a dry kit and on my 95 I hook the vacuum conections inline to the vacuum conector on my fuel pressure reg which is on the fuel rail and the intake mani. On your year I know it is different and have been told it would just be easier to hook up a wet kit but for my car year the kit only took me like 2 hours to hook up. I have heard of people using a dry kit on newer cars but not sure exactly what they have to do.

95 eclipse RS

14.80 @ 94mph with no turbo

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #40984 Previous topic | Next topic