Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #386
View in linear mode

Subject: "Greddy Type S BOV question" Previous topic | Next topic
grneclipseDec-20-00 04:59 PM
Old School 2GNTer
743 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#386, "Greddy Type S BOV question"

Guys,

Just found a Greddy Type S BOV and the person is willing to let it go at a reasonable price but he says that "THE DIAPHRAM "RUBBER SEAL" leaks on the BOV? Now what exactly is that? I'm not too familiar with the Greddy BOV (or any other BOV for that matter) but he said that I could order it off Greddy and replace it. Is it just that easy? or is it a pain? Let me know guys, thanks

Don't have the stock Eclipse anymore
Just a stock Gsr now,

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

fly1Dec-21-00 08:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1470 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#387, "RE: Greddy Type S BOV question"
In response to Reply # 0

I think you should just skip the offer and buy a brand new BOV. The diaphram is suppose to prevent leakage of boost pressure when the BOV is "venting"; A good unit will vent and help your turbo hold as much boost as possible, in between shifts.

The Greddy Type S has a good reputation for being very reliable but, another brand to consider is Turbo XS.

Just my .02 cents.

~Fly1

"Sometimes, a man has to do what a man has to do."

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #386 Previous topic | Next topic