Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #354
View in linear mode

Subject: "engine oil" Previous topic | Next topic
LockeDec-19-00 09:52 AM
Old School 2GNTer
111 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#354, "engine oil"

how many quarts of engine oil is recommended for our cars? I put in 5 quarts of mobil 1 synthetic oil and i think its a little too much o_O. Hard to tell because synthetic oil is a clear color. But when I look at it now, it turn more darker and i can tell a little bit better

Dont buy from importripoff.com(aka importparts.com)pls They suck

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

fly1Dec-19-00 10:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1470 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#355, "RE: engine oil"
In response to Reply # 0

To be exact, our car has a 4.3 qt. capacity so, adding 4.5 quarts will be just perfect. Mobil 1 is a great oil but, have you thought about using Royal Purple or Redline 10W30's (probably 10W40 if with a turbo kit)? If you drive your car HARD, then I think the extra expense is worth it. Just my 2 cent

~Fly1

"Sometimes, a man has to do what a man has to do."

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SaberKhanDec-19-00 05:43 PM
Old School 2GNTer
994 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#356, "RE: engine oil"
In response to Reply # 1

Right around 4.25 or just a tad more brings mine to full brim. Mobil 1 5w30 is what I'm currently running along with a Mobil 1 oil filter. I'd like to try that Redline oil though...I have some redline water wetter in my radiator already.

91 awd: 60-1, 880's, E-Prom, etc.
93 awd: JDM 6 bolt, K&N, full exhaust, Wally 255, otherwise stock.

R.I.P. the original "Factory Freak"
15.5's with short ram and catback only
1996 RS 5-speed

LockeDec-19-00 05:48 PM
Old School 2GNTer
111 posts,
#357, "RE: dammm"
In response to Reply # 2

i put almost 5 quarts in there! is it going to hurt it much?

Dont buy from importripoff.com(aka importparts.com)pls They suck

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #354 Previous topic | Next topic