Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #323
View in linear mode

Subject: "well, put together my Intercooler spray bar today :)" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamWyattDec-15-00 03:43 PM
Old School 2GNTer
211 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#323, "well, put together my Intercooler spray bar today :)"

I can'rt wait to see some results at the track and at the dyno. I expect at least 3tenth gain from just cooling the intake charge down. I can't wait to try it out!
pretty simple really, just a 1/4in stainless steal bar, powershot silinoid, and some earl fittings and I'm ready to go.
Expensive part will be keeping the NOS bottle filled because not only do I have it wired to a throttle position switch, I also have it wired to a purge button so I can spray whenever I want (like staging for a track run)

Wyatt Leras
http://www.turbogs.dsmpower.com
98 Eclipse GS Star Stage 5,000 Turbo kit

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
I hope you all noticed the Cartman mouse pad!, TeamWyatt, Dec-15-00 03:44 PM, #1
yep, and..., TeamJasonESi_T, Dec-15-00 05:14 PM, #2
RE: I hope you all noticed the Cartman mouse pad!, sean, Dec-15-00 05:19 PM, #3
      RE: I hope you all noticed the Cartman mouse pad!, TeamWyatt, Dec-15-00 05:21 PM, #4
RE: well, put together my Intercooler spray bar today :), TeamWyatt, Dec-15-00 05:26 PM, #5
RE: Spraying, BoostnRS, Dec-16-00 10:39 AM, #6

TeamWyattDec-15-00 03:44 PM
Old School 2GNTer
211 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#324, "I hope you all noticed the Cartman mouse pad!"
In response to Reply # 0

Wyatt Leras

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamJasonESi_TDec-15-00 05:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#325, "yep, and..."
In response to Reply # 1

....your Eclipse Chiltons on the left with your Corky Bell MAximum Boost there too! Good man!

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

seanDec-15-00 05:19 PM
Old School 2GNTer
99 posts,
#326, "RE: I hope you all noticed the Cartman mouse pad!"
In response to Reply # 1

Why not just use ice water via the rear wiper fluid bottle (track use) instead of wasting money on NOS that your not really using. Just an idea to save a little money.

TeamWyattDec-15-00 05:21 PM
Old School 2GNTer
211 posts,
#327, "RE: I hope you all noticed the Cartman mouse pad!"
In response to Reply # 3

LAST EDITED ON 15-Dec-00 AT 10:24 PM (PST)

I'm eventually switching to a direct port system that then stages and sprays NOS on the interooler over 30mph.
Right now I'm juts doing the spray bar, the direct port system comes later, besides, I can't purge on domestics with ice water

But really, I am really interested to see what kind of Real wheel HP is to be made by literally almost freezing the intake charge. A decent Intercooler should lower the intake cahrge to about 10-15deg above ambient temps at the manifold. If I can lower that down another 50-60 degrees (which may or may not be possible), that would give me some considerbly more air not to mention lowering intake temps which in turn lower chances of detonation.
Wyatt Leras

TeamWyattDec-15-00 05:26 PM
Old School 2GNTer
211 posts,
#328, "RE: well, put together my Intercooler spray bar today :)"
In response to Reply # 0

Hey Good eye Jason! AS you can see, there is a Chiltons manula on the left under another book, to bad its my roomates integra book
The maximum Bosot book is on my nightstand (the floor) in my bedroom

Well, off to spank some honduhhsss, I'll let you know ho wthe street races turn out!
Wyatt Leras

BoostnRSDec-16-00 10:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
204 posts,
#329, "RE: Spraying"
In response to Reply # 5

Nice idea with the spray bar !! but just a word of caution..
Im not sure were your filter is sitting at, but you might want to be carefull with spraying a lot of nitrous. I've seen a guy blow his motor while staging, because he was spraying NOS on the intercooler and some of it got into the intake.. =(

Other than that, have fun !

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #323 Previous topic | Next topic