Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #3187
View in linear mode

Subject: "Update on the Jumptronix clone" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorCorbinMar-27-01 02:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3187, "Update on the Jumptronix clone"

I built a VFAQ for building the digital numeric Air/Fuel gage like the Jumptronix one. The gage is about 1x2", backlit, 3.5 digit, refreshes 3 times per second, and costs $30 to make. Its at "http://members.nbci.com/cbehnken/dvm.html". Good luck...

Corbin
'95 ESI-T
HRC + FMIC
http://members.nbci.com/cbehnken/

Corbin
'97 GSX dressed like a '95 ESi

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Update on the Jumptronix clone, RyaN95i4, Mar-27-01 06:01 PM, #1
RE: Update on the Jumptronix clone, 99GSBBTurbo, Mar-27-01 08:53 PM, #2
      RE: Update on the Jumptronix clone, ModeratorCorbin, Mar-28-01 03:31 AM, #3
           RE: Update on the Jumptronix clone, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Mar-28-01 03:38 AM, #4
                RE: Update on the Jumptronix clone, TeamJasonESi_T, Mar-28-01 07:10 AM, #5
                RE: Update on the Jumptronix clone, ModeratorCorbin, Mar-28-01 08:31 AM, #6
                     RE: Update on the Jumptronix clone, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Mar-28-01 09:47 AM, #7
                          RE: Update on the Jumptronix clone, 95ESi, Mar-28-01 10:38 AM, #8
                          RE: Update on the Jumptronix clone, ModeratorCorbin, Mar-29-01 02:49 AM, #9
                               RE: Update on the Jumptronix clone, 95ESi, Mar-29-01 08:21 AM, #10
                                    RE: Update on the Jumptronix clone, ModeratorCorbin, Mar-29-01 09:53 AM, #11

RyaN95i4Mar-27-01 06:01 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2152 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3188, "RE: Update on the Jumptronix clone"
In response to Reply # 0

very cool

you say you can make and sell them to those of us who arent so electrically inclined (like m ), would that be a part that is ready to wire into the car (calibrated and everything?)

awesome work man!

www.groundfloormotorsports.com

95 Avenger
ATX->MTX Swap
Holset HX40 @ 26 psi

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

99GSBBTurboMar-27-01 08:53 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1191 posts,
#3189, "RE: Update on the Jumptronix clone"
In response to Reply # 1

SWEET!! I second that Awsome Work!!!

Ball Bearing Star Stage II
"Power is nothing without control"

I use to have a White 99 GS Sport with a Star Stage II Ball Bearing T3/T4 turbo...it was fun untill....well those who remember me know Oh Ya...this is what I have now... a 99' GSX...

ModeratorCorbinMar-28-01 03:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#3190, "RE: Update on the Jumptronix clone"
In response to Reply # 2

Thanks for the encouragement. Yes, I can make them fully built and calibrated, ready to install. If you're interested, send me an e-mail describing what you want. I can make them in a variety of enclosures and in 2 different size displays. It'll be cheapest if I can get a few people together. I can accept money by paypal.

Corbin
'95 ESI-T
HRC + FMIC

Corbin

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMar-28-01 03:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#3191, "RE: Update on the Jumptronix clone"
In response to Reply # 3

Any way you can make them update at a faster rate? The actual Jumptronix meter updates 60 times a second.... I know because i have one.

Get the Mitsubishi Technical Information manual for the 95-99 Eclipse HERE!
http://www.heavenz-not-0verflowing.com/files/dsmmanual.pdf

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

TeamJasonESi_TMar-28-01 07:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#3192, "RE: Update on the Jumptronix clone"
In response to Reply # 4

Bringing back to the top!

Guys...get on this one.

I already ordered mine from him. Corbin can make these for us at a great price. We're damn lucky we know someone who can do this. Jumptronix works theirs through RRE and they NEVER have enough in-stock. Plus, the charge abour 75 to make em. What a ripoff.

I suggest you get on this now. If Corbin posted his stuff at DSMtalk.com, he'd probably be making these for the next 5 years or something. LOL

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

ModeratorCorbinMar-28-01 08:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#3193, "RE: Update on the Jumptronix clone"
In response to Reply # 4

I can't make it update more frequently. 3 times per second is plenty fast. I can't think of any benefit to having it refresh faster. The length of time it takes for your eyes to read the number, pass the information to your brain, and your brain to make a decision is probably about a third of a second. If you were logging the info with a computer, the faster refresh may be benificial, but since its just meant to be read by a person, I think it is fine as is. Good question though...it is something I put into consideration before buying it.

Corbin
'95 ESI-T
HRC + FMIC

Corbin

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMar-28-01 09:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#3194, "RE: Update on the Jumptronix clone"
In response to Reply # 6

It was just a thought, Corbin. it's definately cool that you took the time to hack one of these out, it is a great favor to our little community! if i didn't already have the jumptronix, i'd sure as shit get one from you.

Give me a good answer, and i might still:

1. Can you make it backlit any color other than that nasty green?
2. Can you also allow it to display charging system volage, like the Jumptronix, via a small switch on the back ?

Dude, if i can get on backlit in blue, i'm all over it.

Get the Mitsubishi Technical Information manual for the 95-99 Eclipse HERE!
http://www.heavenz-not-0verflowing.com/files/dsmmanual.pdf

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

95ESiMar-28-01 10:38 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#3195, "RE: Update on the Jumptronix clone"
In response to Reply # 7

LAST EDITED ON 28-Mar-01 AT 03:40 PM (PST)

heheh too bad my extra guages are backlit green, so getting a bluelit won't really match.. :>

Unfortunately I got ripped of getting the jumptronix a few months ago, otherwise I'd get one of these!

l e o n

ModeratorCorbinMar-29-01 02:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#3196, "RE: Update on the Jumptronix clone"
In response to Reply # 7

I could probably change out the green LED for a blue one, but considering the effort involved (and possiblility of damage to the unit) I'd rather not. The gage is tiny, 24mmx48mm...I practically need a magnifying glass just to make the connections. I'd hate to see what the inside of the thing looks like. I switched all my gages to green so I was actually happy that the A/F gage had a green LED. Its no problem making the gage read charging system voltage with a switch. You'd have to run a fourth wire up to the gage. I get my gage power from the ECU power. That gives much much more stable voltages for the gage to work with.

Corbin
'95 ESI-T
HRC + FMIC

Corbin

95ESiMar-29-01 08:21 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#3197, "RE: Update on the Jumptronix clone"
In response to Reply # 9

Hey Corbin, if you have your a/f guage plugged to the ECU power, doesn't that mean it stays on infinitely? I would believe the power to the ECU is non switched...(so that the ECU can retain it's memory).

l e o n

ModeratorCorbinMar-29-01 09:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#3198, "RE: Update on the Jumptronix clone"
In response to Reply # 10

It is a switched power supply, its the same wire I use to power my AFC. It comes on when you put the key to the "on" position.

Corbin
'95 ESI-T
HRC + FMIC

Corbin

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #3187 Previous topic | Next topic