Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #3173
View in linear mode

Subject: ""Got Boost?" "I Do!".....and its F!@#%$* AWESOME!!!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
dsm1Mar-27-01 04:50 AM
Old School 2GNTer
388 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3173, ""Got Boost?" "I Do!".....and its F!@#%$* AWESOME!!!!!"

Well the STAR stage II is DONE(whew)!! We finished it up around 2:00am this morning. The voyage start up showed no signs of leaks(good sign)all guages working...car idles around 1000rpms,took it out on the streets and opened her up! The car drives normal until around 3500rpms thats when the boost kicks in...the car is FAST, so fast its scary! Didn't see any problems except a dummy light came on...gotta find out how to check that and fix it.
Wyatt was right when he said "You drive around with a huge stupid grin on your face!" Right now i'm running 7psi but the guage only shows 6psi(must be a 1psi loss in the i/c?) After last night, i'll never drive another non-turbo car again

Happy BOOSTING!!

STAR Turbo stage II
180whp @ 5psi(untuned)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: "Got Boost?" "I Do!".....and its F!@#%$* AWESOME!!!!!, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Mar-27-01 06:47 AM, #1
RE: "Got Boost?" "I Do!".....and its F!@#%$* AWESOME!!!!!, fly1, Mar-27-01 11:19 AM, #2
RE: "Got Boost?" "I Do!".....and its F!@#%$* AWESOME!!!!!, TeamJasonESi_T, Mar-27-01 12:16 PM, #3
RE: "Got Boost?" "I Do!".....and its F!@#%$* AWESOME!!!!!, 99GSBBTurbo, Mar-27-01 12:58 PM, #4
      RE: "Got Boost?" "I Do!".....and its F!@#%$* AWESOME!!!!!, klipzracer, Mar-27-01 04:09 PM, #5
           RE: "Got Boost?" "I Do!".....and its F!@#%$* AWESOME!!!!!, phrenzy, Mar-27-01 08:28 PM, #6
                RE: "Got Boost?" "I Do!".....and its F!@#%$* AWESOME!!!!!, dsm1, Mar-28-01 02:19 AM, #7
                     RE: "Got Boost?" "I Do!".....and its F!@#%$* AWESOME!!!!!, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Mar-28-01 03:41 AM, #8
                          RE:, RicecarRST, Oct-18-03 03:15 PM, #9
                               RE:, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Oct-18-03 03:30 PM, #10
                                    RE:, pn0ymahal, Oct-18-03 05:55 PM, #11
                                         RE:, Eclipse2NR, Oct-18-03 06:54 PM, #12
                                              RE:, DSMRoadster, Oct-18-03 08:52 PM, #13
                                                   RE:, HadesOmega, Oct-18-03 09:37 PM, #14
                                                        RE:old post, TeamMuRiX, Oct-18-03 10:36 PM, #15
                                                             RE:old post, ForceFed, Oct-19-03 12:44 AM, #16
                                                                  RE:old post, MR BLUNT 2gnt, Oct-19-03 03:32 AM, #17
                                                                       RE:old post, TeamMuRiX, Oct-19-03 12:21 PM, #18
                                                                            RE:old post, DSMRoadster, Oct-19-03 04:47 PM, #19
                                                                            RE:old post, Initial DSM, Oct-20-03 09:22 AM, #20
                                                                                 RE:old post, TeamMuRiX, Oct-20-03 09:27 AM, #21
                                                                                      RE:old post, Moderator992gnt, Oct-20-03 01:02 PM, #22
                                                                                           RE:old post, Eclipse2NR, Oct-20-03 04:43 PM, #23

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMar-27-01 06:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3174, "RE: "Got Boost?" "I Do!".....and its F!@#%$* AWESOME!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Welcome to the club!

Your boost gauge will show less than your wastegate spring rating due to several factors, including pressure loss through the intercooler, pipeing and pipeing diameter, air temperature, boost gauge plumbing, and shitty SPI boost gauges. I have the 7psi spring and get 6psi -sometimes- .. usually closer to 5.

Get the Mitsubishi Technical Information manual for the 95-99 Eclipse HERE!
http://www.heavenz-not-0verflowing.com/files/dsmmanual.pdf

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

fly1Mar-27-01 11:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1470 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3175, "RE: "Got Boost?" "I Do!".....and its F!@#%$* AWESOME!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Yup, I know exactly what you mean about the "grin on your face" thing. It's like you're not easily intimidated anymore, right? Welcome to the world of boost!

~fly1
http://fastgs.homestead.com/fastgs.html

"Sometimes, a man has to do what a man has to do."

TeamJasonESi_TMar-27-01 12:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#3176, "RE: "Got Boost?" "I Do!".....and its F!@#%$* AWESOME!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Congrats man....

It's like a totally different car eh?

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

99GSBBTurboMar-27-01 12:58 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1191 posts,
#3177, "RE: "Got Boost?" "I Do!".....and its F!@#%$* AWESOME!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

I remember when I first got behind the wheel of my new rid I looked like this.. , but not as yellow.

Ball Bearing Star Stage II
"Power is nothing without control"

I use to have a White 99 GS Sport with a Star Stage II Ball Bearing T3/T4 turbo...it was fun untill....well those who remember me know Oh Ya...this is what I have now... a 99' GSX...

klipzracerMar-27-01 04:09 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#3178, "RE: "Got Boost?" "I Do!".....and its F!@#%$* AWESOME!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 4

i wish i had boost. :'(
one day i too will boost.....and i will boost HARD!!!

Chris
Project RS
http://klipzracer.homestead.com/index.html
"Life is short, rev hard!"
chrisdishmon@hotmail.com

phrenzyMar-27-01 08:28 PM
Old School 2GNTer
684 posts,
#3179, "RE: "Got Boost?" "I Do!".....and its F!@#%$* AWESOME!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 5

Since I've decided to "boost" my car, I have been day dreaming about that first drive. I imagine it will somewhat resemble that scene in Ferris Buellers Day Off where the two parking lot attendants got airborne in the Ferrari...you guys know what I'm talking about.

'99 Eclipse GS

http://www.rokitlabs.com

Old School 2GNTer
Now rockin an 05 SRT-4

dsm1Mar-28-01 02:19 AM
Old School 2GNTer
388 posts,
#3180, "RE: "Got Boost?" "I Do!".....and its F!@#%$* AWESOME!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 6

DUDES!! Its great...its been 3 days now and i'm still grinnin
and today on the way to work I had a guy in a R-X7 pull up next to me and ask "what i had in that thing" he was impressed! Let me tell ya nothing is as intimadating as a fmic staring someone in the face when they look in their rear view mirror!

STAR Turbo stage II
180whp @ 5psi(untuned)

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMar-28-01 03:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#3181, "RE: "Got Boost?" "I Do!".....and its F!@#%$* AWESOME!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 7

I've had GSX guys pull up next to me and ask me why i had a huge FMIC in the grill of a non-turbo Eclipse. That's a good feeling, seeing the look on thier faces when they hear the BOV a few seconds later.

Get the Mitsubishi Technical Information manual for the 95-99 Eclipse HERE!
http://www.heavenz-not-0verflowing.com/files/dsmmanual.pdf

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

RicecarRSTOct-18-03 03:15 PM
Member since Sep 24th 2003
49 posts,
#58887, "RE:"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by DarkOne
I've had GSX guys pull up next to me and ask me why i had a huge FMIC in the grill of a non-turbo Eclipse. That's a good feeling, seeing the look on thier faces when they hear the BOV a few seconds later. ______________________________________ -DarkOne I'm so bad, i should be in detention. Get the Mitsubishi Technical Information manual for the 95-99 Eclipse HERE! http://www.heavenz-not-0verflowing.com/files/dsmmanual.pdf

LOL GSX guy must have been a retard. LOL! I like popping my hood so peeps can see the custom kit. I also like doing the BOV right next to peoples car windowsand see them sort of jump. Go RFL!

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneOct-18-03 03:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#58889, "RE:"
In response to Reply # 9

Whoa. Old post dude.

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

pn0ymahalOct-18-03 05:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
#58896, "RE:"
In response to Reply # 10

oh man.. when i did 9psi in the first week of my install i was super happy. now i got my engine built etc and i just did 12.8psi ( tuning for low boost ) i scared myself :o hehe
Michael
99gs
HRC Stage IV 8-Injector Setup
2GNT Member #32

Eclipse2NROct-18-03 06:54 PM
Member since Nov 25th 2002
581 posts,
#58899, "RE:"
In response to Reply # 11

Hmm... I ran 7 psi the first night we got the turbo kit on. It pulls hard, but I don't consider my car "fast" by any means. It takes well into 300whp for me to call a car "fast". Sure the turbo is great, but it doesn't give me a big fat grin... don't mean to naysay or anything. My slipping clutch keeps the grins to a minumum

1996 Eclipse RS / 5-Speed / Aerogear Body / Coated in Magnetic Red Metallic rev.2 / T3 Turbo Intercooled @ 8 psi / More at http://home.insightbb.com/~mgalyan/
Mark Galyan - Indianapolis, Indiana

DSMRoadsterOct-18-03 08:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3445 posts,
#58906, "RE:"
In response to Reply # 12

same feeling here. I run 12psi daily and just don't grin as much anymore. 18psi daily in the spring should put a grin on my face. I only grin when some some dumb ass Type R teeharhar revs on me.

intricatelines.com/ -graphics and vinyls

"Tell them of us and say,
For their tomorrow,
We gave our today."
-- The Kohima Epitaph

HadesOmegaOct-18-03 09:37 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#58908, "RE:"
In response to Reply # 13

wow that really is old haha that was b4 I was turbo, haha I knew something was up when he mentioned wyatt :p

wish I had turbo well I do but don't hehe

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

TeamMuRiXOct-18-03 10:36 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1502 posts,
#58911, "RE:old post"
In response to Reply # 14

Hmmm. Very old indeed.

Just in from running about today. Nice to be home. Shame no one bought my car. 20psi on pump gas with a TD06-20G feels nice.

05 Mazda RX-8
06 Lotus Elise

ForceFedOct-19-03 12:44 AM
Member since Oct 09th 2003
153 posts,
#58913, "RE:old post"
In response to Reply # 15

Holy Crap---20 PSI on pump gas!!! How, what, what? How on earth do you keep the cylinders from detonating?!?!

When is the money spending going to stop on this fucking car?!

MR BLUNT 2gntOct-19-03 03:32 AM
Member since Mar 20th 2002
793 posts,
#58917, "RE:old post"
In response to Reply # 16

ha..yeah, how do you keep the cylinders from detonating??? lol..i run 19psi on 94 oct. here in ohio on my t3/t4 and the thing pulls like an s.o.b...my egts are good, i have the 8 inj setup basically running around 550cc's total fuel..if you get mad large inj's you can run high psi on pump, i know plenty of guys running 22-24 psi on 94 but they are running at least 660 cc inj's..is it a good idea to always push the bar? nope ,i probably wont go to much above where i'm at w/o some c16 or an equivelent

400whp or bust.

TeamMuRiXOct-19-03 12:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1502 posts,
#58938, "RE:old post"
In response to Reply # 17

Nothing special. I am not sure why people are afraid to run a lot more boost.

525's, 1:1 fixed regulator, E-Manage, inline fuel pump. That is my entire fuel setup and very solid. Still rich and still tuning with the Emanage on the street. I think the TD06-20G is very streetable.

05 Mazda RX-8
06 Lotus Elise

DSMRoadsterOct-19-03 04:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3445 posts,
#58962, "RE:old post"
In response to Reply # 18

If HRC doesn't unveil it's new set, I have no choice, but to go with the emanage.

intricatelines.com/ -graphics and vinyls

"Tell them of us and say,
For their tomorrow,
We gave our today."
-- The Kohima Epitaph

Initial DSMOct-20-03 09:22 AM
Member since Sep 23rd 2003
2833 posts,
#59026, "RE:old post"
In response to Reply # 18

Originally posted by MuRiX
Nothing special. I am not sure why people are afraid to run a lot more boost. 525's, 1:1 fixed regulator, E-Manage, inline fuel pump. That is my entire fuel setup and very solid. Still rich and still tuning with the Emanage on the street. I think the TD06-20G is very streetable.

Any recent time slips?

TeamMuRiXOct-20-03 09:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1502 posts,
#59028, "RE:old post"
In response to Reply # 20

I have only been back in the country for a week. Give me a bit longer.

05 Mazda RX-8
06 Lotus Elise

Moderator992gntOct-20-03 01:02 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
#59044, "RE:old post"
In response to Reply # 21

I was running 20psi daily on pump gas with my Stage 4. If you have enough fuel on hand, and your rise rates are correct, turn it up! I had 625's and a 1:1 fpr.

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD
'88 Chrysler Conquest TSI

Eclipse2NROct-20-03 04:43 PM
Member since Nov 25th 2002
581 posts,
#59059, "RE:old post"
In response to Reply # 22

Nice! Can't wait to get some forged chunks of metal inside there instead of the stock crap. Gotta get a clutch first though. SPEC Stage 3 for Christmas. Should do the trick eh?

1996 Eclipse RS / 5-Speed / Aerogear Body / Coated in Magnetic Red Metallic rev.2 / T3 Turbo Intercooled @ 8 psi / More at http://home.insightbb.com/~mgalyan/
Mark Galyan - Indianapolis, Indiana

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #3173 Previous topic | Next topic