Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #31028
View in linear mode

Subject: "~~ about to turbo my 1999 eclipse RS" Previous topic | Next topic
MitsEclipseRSSep-13-02 01:46 AM
Member since Sep 13th 2002
8 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31028, "~~ about to turbo my 1999 eclipse RS"

Hey guys I need some help here, I got a 1999 eclipse RS the dohc one
and im buying the Hahn Stage 1 kit to do a turbo kit I only plan on runnin 5psi for about a month, then I plan to buy a FMIC so i can run more psi, is there anything else that I should really be advised of that doesnt come with the hahn stage 1 kit , is there anything else i should buy and is there anything I should know about when I put the turbo kit in? for running and driving? so I dont blow my car up? thank you

~~~Bill~~~

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: ~~ about to turbo my 1999 eclipse RS, brynden29, Sep-13-02 02:43 AM, #1
RE: ~~ about to turbo my 1999 eclipse RS, ourformerselves, Sep-13-02 04:31 AM, #2
RE: ~~ about to turbo my 1999 eclipse RS, HadesOmega, Sep-13-02 07:29 AM, #3
      RE: ~~ about to turbo my 1999 eclipse RS, Z87RSMan, Sep-13-02 08:24 AM, #4
           RE: ~~ about to turbo my 1999 eclipse RS, esseclipse, Sep-13-02 11:50 AM, #5
           RE: ~~ about to turbo my 1999 eclipse RS, MitsEclipseRS, Sep-13-02 11:58 AM, #6
                RE: ~~ about to turbo my 1999 eclipse RS, rfpunch, Sep-13-02 02:51 PM, #7
                     RE: ~~ about to turbo my 1999 eclipse RS, MitsEclipseRS, Sep-14-02 10:14 AM, #8
                          RE: ~~ about to turbo my 1999 eclipse RS, rfpunch, Sep-14-02 12:58 PM, #9
                               RE: ~~ about to turbo my 1999 eclipse RS, GorkoRacing, Sep-14-02 02:06 PM, #10
                                    RE: ~~ about to turbo my 1999 eclipse RS, MitsEclipseRS, Sep-14-02 03:09 PM, #11
                                         RE: ~~ about to turbo my 1999 eclipse RS, jsd98dsm, Sep-15-02 12:04 PM, #12
           RE: ~~ about to turbo my 1999 eclipse RS, brynden29, Sep-16-02 01:31 AM, #13
                RE: ~~ about to turbo my 1999 eclipse RS, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Sep-16-02 01:47 AM, #14

brynden29Sep-13-02 02:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4079 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31029, "RE: ~~ about to turbo my 1999 eclipse RS"
In response to Reply # 0

Dood, one word "search". Not to be a dick, but this question has been asked a million times before and I bet that all of us are getting sick of answering it, at least, I know I am.

Brynden

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ourformerselvesSep-13-02 04:31 AM
Member since Feb 06th 2002
564 posts,
#31030, "RE: ~~ about to turbo my 1999 eclipse RS"
In response to Reply # 0

Well the Hahn kit comes w/ a crappy FMU (Cartech).. so you'll probably want to get a Vortech S-FMU. And when you get your kit installed just make sure you keep it tuned and such and you'll do fine.

Thanks, Richard (97 ESi)
http://www.ourformerselves.com/

BEST TRACK TIME -- 16.46 @ 86.03mph (before turbo)
----------------------------------------------------------

CURRENT MODS:
NER 1F Turbo Kit w/ Turbonetics T3/T4 S-Trim Ball Bearing Turbo || Autometer Phantom Boost, Oil Pressure, & EGT Guages || Autometer Cluster Benzel || Autometer Full Pillar || HKS Type-1 Turbo Timer || NKG BKR7E Spark Plugs || Magnacor 8.5 Ignition Wires || Front & Rear Strut Bars || Eibach Springs Pro-Kit || KYB AGX Adjustable Shocks/Struts || AF/X Underdrive Pulley || Pacesetter - Monza Exhaust System || OBX Racing Sports - B5 Bomb Tunable Muffler || Energy Suspension - Motor Mount Inserts || Bored Throttle Body || Konig 17x7" Silver Rated R Wheels || Yokohama Avid H4/V4 215/45R17 91H Tires

POINTLESS MODS:
Sylvania Cool Blue Headlights || Cobra Eyes Windshield Washer Blue LED Lights || Nokya Motorsports Sport Pedal Set

Thanks, Richard -- 97 ESi
16.46 @ 86.03mph

http://www.ourformerselves.com/
http://www.cardomain.com/id/talonipse/

AEM COLD AIR INTAKE | PACESETTER 2.5" MONZA CAT-BACK EXHAUST SYSTEM | OBX B5 MUFFLER | ENERGY SUSPENSION FRONT & REAR MOTOR MOUNTS | 18X7" ENKEI RSF2 WHEELS W/ NITTO NT 450 215/40Z TIRES | GOLDLINE LOWERING SPRINGS | KYB AGX STRUTS | INGALLS FRONT & REAR CAMBER ADJUSTERS | ALPINE CDA-9807 RECIEVER | ALPINE MRD-M300 AMP | ALPINE SWR-1041D 10" TYPE R SUB | Q-LOGIC QLH-.6510SX ENCLOSURE | STINGER HPM 8GA AMP KIT | DAYTONA BLUE PAINT JOB | IMPULL R34 FRONT BUMPER | BLITZ REAR BUMPER | BLITZ SIDE SKIRTS | ECLIPSE TURBO WING | PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS (BLACK/BLUE) | EURO ALTEZZA TAILLIGHTS | STREET GLOW SG-201 NEO-BLUE NEON UNDER CAR KIT | SPAL AMENITY SHAVED DOOR KIT | REVERSE NITE GLOW GUAGES | OBX SHORT THROW SHIFTER | SYMBORSKIT SHIFTER KIT | AFTERMARKET BLUE SHIFTER | NOKYA FOOT PEDALS

HadesOmegaSep-13-02 07:29 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#31031, "RE: ~~ about to turbo my 1999 eclipse RS"
In response to Reply # 2

So you can make intercooler piping and stuff and modify intercoolers? I would just get the FMIC with the kit that way you don't have to deal with custom piping. Unless you up for the work like me

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Z87RSManSep-13-02 08:24 AM
Member since Mar 07th 2002
2188 posts,
#31032, "RE: ~~ about to turbo my 1999 eclipse RS"
In response to Reply # 3

One thing I have noticed, Brynden does reply to a lot of these questions that should be searched or found in "Things We've Seen Before". The thing is, he never answers them he just bitches about the people asking the questions. Kind of a waste of time. No offense.

Luke

1998 Mustang GT 5-speed
2002 Lone Star Shelby Cobra Replica

esseclipseSep-13-02 11:50 AM
Member since Aug 09th 2002
682 posts,
#31033, "RE: ~~ about to turbo my 1999 eclipse RS"
In response to Reply # 4

I think your best bet is to get a a HRC stage II with a side mount intercooler unless you plan on doing many upgrades. The fmic is more than you need for a stage II.

MitsEclipseRSSep-13-02 11:58 AM
8 posts,
#31034, "RE: ~~ about to turbo my 1999 eclipse RS"
In response to Reply # 5

HEY , SORRY GUYS ABOUT THIS KINDA POST, BUT I JUST BOUGHT THE CAR, AND I DONT WANNA SCREW IT UP, AND THIS IS MY FIRST DAY ON THIS SITE, AND IVE ALREADY SEEN A WHOOOOLE LOT OF INFO, THANX FOR ALL THE INFO U GUYS HAVE HELPED AND ILL BE SURE TO USE THE SEARCH TOOL NEXT TIME I NEED HELP FIRST, BUT THANX TO ALL U THAT HELPED ME WITH MY QUESTION, AND OH YEA TO THE GUY THAT ASKED IF YA LIKE TO DO STUFF CUSTOM, YES I DO, I CAN GET A FMIC FOR 200$ FROM MY FRIEND, SO I MITE JUST GO SOMEWHERE AND DO ALL MY CUSTOM PIPING MYSELF, IM SURE I CAN FIT IT THANX GUYS, AND KEEP REPLYIN IF THERE IS ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THE KIT.... THANX

~~~Bill~~~

rfpunchSep-13-02 02:51 PM
Old School 2GNTer
518 posts,
#31035, "RE: ~~ about to turbo my 1999 eclipse RS"
In response to Reply # 6

get it dyno tuned if you can. dont turn up the boost past 5-7 lbs if you are worried about blowing your motor. people will tell you can run more, and thats true, but not for long. something is going to eventually give. dont make the same mistake i did

98 Eclipse GS Turbo - SOLD
03 Eclipse GT
05 Suzuki GSXR 600

MitsEclipseRSSep-14-02 10:14 AM
8 posts,
#31036, "RE: ~~ about to turbo my 1999 eclipse RS"
In response to Reply # 7

YEA I KNO I WONT GO OVER 5-7 PSI, TILL I GET MY INLINE FUEL PUMP, FUEL RAIL, AND THE FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER, DOES ANYONE KNOW MY MAX PSI I CAN USE WITH ALL THA I JUST LISTED? SO I CAN RUN DAILY SAFELY FOR A GOOD AMOUNT OF TIME, AND PLEASE POST THE MILES I CAN EXCEED TILL MY ENGINE BLOWS, I GOT 42,000 ON IT NOW, THANX

~~~Bill~~~

rfpunchSep-14-02 12:58 PM
Old School 2GNTer
518 posts,
#31037, "RE: ~~ about to turbo my 1999 eclipse RS"
In response to Reply # 8

>YEA I KNO I WONT GO OVER 5-7 PSI, TILL I GET MY INLINE FUEL
>PUMP, FUEL RAIL, AND THE FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER, DOES
>ANYONE KNOW MY MAX PSI I CAN USE WITH ALL THA I JUST LISTED?
>SO I CAN RUN DAILY SAFELY FOR A GOOD AMOUNT OF TIME, AND
>PLEASE POST THE MILES I CAN EXCEED TILL MY ENGINE BLOWS, I
>GOT 42,000 ON IT NOW, THANX

the hrc kit comes with an inline pump, you dont need an aftermarket fuel rail mostly because the venom sucks and you dont need a front mount over a side mount to run more boost until you get to like 15+ psi. it is not a good idea to run more than 5-7 daily if your motor is not built, this is my opinion from my experience with my car.

98 Eclipse GS Turbo - SOLD
03 Eclipse GT
05 Suzuki GSXR 600

GorkoRacingSep-14-02 02:06 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1757 posts,
#31038, "RE: ~~ about to turbo my 1999 eclipse RS"
In response to Reply # 9

You will need to get you some more guages to be safe. Such as Exhaust gas temp (EGT) guage fo sho, air/fuel ratio, and a fuel pressure and/ or oil pressure guage(s) would be good too. I dont think anyone has said anything about guages yet but I might have read over it.

MitsEclipseRSSep-14-02 03:09 PM
8 posts,
#31039, "RE: ~~ about to turbo my 1999 eclipse RS"
In response to Reply # 10

Sup again guys thanx for all the information, and yea i pretty much know about all the guages and stuff, but i dont plan to run anything over 10psi anyways, but i want a fmic cause i can get one from my friend cheap, is there a reason not to get a fmic, i mean its the same as a smic but i can get it cheaper and it looks alot better from the front of my car, hehe, thanx guys, any more tips, please post!!

~~~Bill~~~

jsd98dsmSep-15-02 12:04 PM
Member since Jul 01st 2002
162 posts,
#31040, "RE: ~~ about to turbo my 1999 eclipse RS"
In response to Reply # 11

i wouldn't run 10 psi daily unless you want to rebuild in a couple months. if you are built you can run over 10 psi daily with the right fuel set-up. otherwise i wouldn't run over 8 psi with the stage 2.

98 esi A/t:
injen intake
n1 muffler
white gauges
17' adr sokodu's
coilovers 1.75' drop
obx front strut bar
3 stage metal headgasket
(should of rebuilt bottem when this was done but I'm stupid)

98 esi A/t:
injen intake
n1 muffler
white gauges
17' adr sokodu's
coilovers 1.75' drop
obx front strut bar
3 stage metal headgasket
(should of rebuilt bottem when this was done but I'm stupid)

brynden29Sep-16-02 01:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4079 posts,
#31041, "RE: ~~ about to turbo my 1999 eclipse RS"
In response to Reply # 4

>One thing I have noticed, Brynden does reply to a lot of
>these questions that should be searched or found in "Things
>We've Seen Before". The thing is, he never answers them he
>just bitches about the people asking the questions. Kind of
>a waste of time. No offense.

At least I tried to help. He could have found everything he needed to know by searching. I do not have a problem answering questions. If I can. I do not know everthing about our cars, but I know a little. I am more than willing to help. Ask anyone that IM's me, I always help.

As far as wasting time, I think that your post does a much better job of that than mine. At least I told him where to get answers.

Brynden

ModeratorEvuLFleASep-16-02 01:47 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#31042, "RE: ~~ about to turbo my 1999 eclipse RS"
In response to Reply # 13

Because of this I really think we should turn "Turbo" into some sort of "Advanced" forum and change the "Performance/Engine" into everything else. These kind of questions just flood this forum.

Advanced section would bring bigger and better discussions, less mess from repeated questions, and less posts which would let us get into threads more without it going to page 2 right away.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #31028 Previous topic | Next topic