Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #228
View in linear mode

Subject: "What upgrades are best after a HRC turbo kit." Previous topic | Next topic
fly1Dec-08-00 01:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1470 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#228, "What upgrades are best after a HRC turbo kit."

For you guys with a turbo kit for a while, in order of importance, what should I add or upgrade first?

Background: I have HRC's stage 2 with a side-mount IC. I am upgrading to a Walbro in-tank fuel pump. Next, I'm thinking about buying a boost controller. I don't know if I should save up to buy 500cc fuel injectors and a S-AFC combo or if I should save up for a clutch/flywheel combo or, pistons and rods. I'm so confused.

From your personal experience and knowledge of the 420A, after a turbo kit, what's the best progression of upgrades and add-ons? I know there's a staged upgrade section in the old 2gnt site but, I'm looking for a staged upgrade specifically geared at the turbo charged engine. I want to do a balanced upgrade that will safeguard my engine from damage and something that's going to prolong the life of the engine.

In the future I want to build up the engine to its maximum potential but, at this time, I'm thinking of a stability/power combo. I'd appreciate any opinions and/or words of wisdom and experience. I'm very excited and also a little scared to jump into turbo life.

Sorry this is a bit long but, you guys know more about this subject than anybody else.

Later,
Kon C

"Sometimes, a man has to do what a man has to do."

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamJeff_99gsDec-08-00 07:37 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#229, "RE: What upgrades are best after a HRC turbo kit."
In response to Reply # 0

A cat-back helps a lot in terms of performance with the turbo, and it looks and sounds nice too. MBC is almost a must, EGT and A/F guages are also really important to help prolong the life of your car.
After that, it depends on how much boost you plan on running.

Jeff

http://gs.dsmpower.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #228 Previous topic | Next topic