Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #20365
View in linear mode

Subject: "How much did you pay in labor costs for your rebuild? explain" Previous topic | Next topic
cyanApr-23-02 03:19 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20365, "Poll question: How much did you pay in labor costs for your rebuild? explain"

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Poll result (0 votes)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
yes people post stupid shit when they're bored, cyan, Apr-23-02 03:23 AM, #1
RE: yes people post stupid shit when they're bored, speedracer21, Apr-23-02 04:51 AM, #2
RE: yes people post stupid shit when they're bored, 41eclipse, Apr-23-02 09:53 AM, #3
RE: yes people post stupid shit when they're bored, Chris_FL, Apr-23-02 11:57 AM, #4
      RE: yes people post stupid shit when they're bored, Nitrous_RS1997, Apr-23-02 02:57 PM, #5
           RE: yes people post stupid shit when they're bored, pn0ymahal, Apr-23-02 03:13 PM, #6
                RE: yes people post stupid shit when they're bored, Strauss, Apr-23-02 03:58 PM, #7
                     RE: yes people post stupid shit when they're bored, TeamStan2gnt, Apr-23-02 05:41 PM, #8
                          RE: yes people post stupid shit when they're bored, HadesOmega, Apr-24-02 05:20 PM, #9
                               RE: yes people post stupid shit when they're bored, 96venger, Apr-24-02 07:12 PM, #10
                                    RE: yes people post stupid shit when they're bored, TeamStan2gnt, Apr-25-02 06:47 AM, #11

cyanApr-23-02 03:23 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20366, "yes people post stupid shit when they're bored"
In response to Reply # 0

im curious as to how prices here compare to everywhere else for machining and assembly ONLY (not engine removal). having favorable poll results to show my rebuilder may help me knock off a few dollaz...if you had extra costs for unnecessary labor dont include that, hopefully all i will need is assembly and machine work and can get the engine in and out myself.

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

speedracer21Apr-23-02 04:51 AM
Old School 2GNTer
638 posts,
#20367, "RE: yes people post stupid shit when they're bored"
In response to Reply # 1

i paied 260 for the balancing of all the parts and the resurfacing, and cleaning of the head. That was the only expense beside the parts, gaskets, ect..

41eclipseApr-23-02 09:53 AM
Member since Mar 17th 2002
266 posts,
#20368, "RE: yes people post stupid shit when they're bored"
In response to Reply # 2

$500 cash. I took parts off myself and took the block and head in(seperated) uncleaned with pistons, crank, rods still in block and valves and springs still on head. I got the head decked, new springs installed, 3 angle valve job, bored .020 over, rotating assembly balanced and the new pistons, new rings, new rods, new bearings and old crank installed. Of coarse, I gave him all the new parts.

Chris_FLApr-23-02 11:57 AM
Old School 2GNTer
926 posts,
#20369, "RE: yes people post stupid shit when they're bored"
In response to Reply # 1

Did anyone have to have the engine removed for them? If so, how much extra was that?

http://www.snappydsl.net/ctoledo/

Nitrous_RS1997Apr-23-02 02:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1311 posts,
#20370, "RE: yes people post stupid shit when they're bored"
In response to Reply # 4

My dad does engine machineing/rebuilds. so i lucked out there. ive seen labor costs all the way up to close to 700 bucks for just machine shop work. my dad would charge about 250 for an overbore, hone, and decking the block/head, and anything minor machineing wise to the crank. I would put the pistons/rods/bearings in yourself, cause that will knock a good bit off the price. but definitely have it cleaned REAL good. too bad no more of you live around here... i could try and hook you guys needing a rebuild up.

1997 Silver RS
Built
T3/T4 BB Turbo
20psi
Most current 1/8th mile time: 8.1@93mph 2.015 60'
1996 Black Supra TT
2004 Silver Snake

pn0ymahalApr-23-02 03:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
#20371, "RE: yes people post stupid shit when they're bored"
In response to Reply # 5

where are you located dude?

Michael 99gs
Boost It!
Mods:
no time to put in yet:315cc injectors.
Hrc Stage 2
S-FMU
Crane HI-6DI2
Greddy Type S Bov
VC-2
Road Race Catch Can
Greddy Profec B & Switch
Apexi WS Catback
Super Afc
Autometer Boost,
Egt,Tranny Temp Gauge & Cooler
Air/Fuel Light & Digital
Tokico Adjust Struts
Eibach Pro Kit Springs
Front & Rear Upper Bar
CarCraft Interior
Sound System= Bring it On

Michael
99gs hrc stage 5000 SOLD...
2004 Honda Accord V6 (240 hp)stock
what other car should i buy?? hmmm
Car info & pictures at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/520269

StraussApr-23-02 03:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
953 posts,
#20372, "RE: yes people post stupid shit when they're bored"
In response to Reply # 6

I paid $200 for the work done to mine. That was installing the new pistons(.020 over), rods, and piston rings. I had everything balanced and blueprinted as well. Took engine out myself(with a help of a few friends )

TeamStan2gntApr-23-02 05:41 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#20373, "RE: yes people post stupid shit when they're bored"
In response to Reply # 7

I paid $150 to have the shortblock assembled. $200 to have the rods balanced and shotpeened. $40 to mill the head.

And for the guy who asked $500 to remove and reinstall the engine.

Naturally its the little sh*t that gets you in the end. Gaskets, fluids, misc bullsh*t made up. I payed about $300 worth of that stuff.

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

HadesOmegaApr-24-02 05:20 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#20374, "RE: yes people post stupid shit when they're bored"
In response to Reply # 8

So is it ok if I just re-ring and install stronger pistons I don't really need to get anything machined? Is it a good idea to replace the timing belt while doing the rebild? What would I need to buy to do a rebuild?

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

96vengerApr-24-02 07:12 PM
Old School 2GNTer
388 posts,
#20375, "RE: yes people post stupid shit when they're bored"
In response to Reply # 9

I was chaarged 1000 to remove and replace engine.
Machine shop services
engine tear down
Vat cylinder block
deck block
line hone block per journal
grind crank shaft
balance wrok..............$225
mount pistons
assemble engine
Valve job
install steel guides
portmatch per head
portmatch per manifold
engine gasket set..............123.00
steel guides...................4.17 ea......16
oil pick up.....................25.00
Machine shop total.................................2533.24
remove and replace.................................1000.00
Howell bottom end kit..............................1100.00

This is at a very repectable and trusty shop
www.balancedperformance.com
In Ga.

but this is the expensive route cause I let them do everything
including some wrok on the head

Mark Dollar
Stage 3-4 Turbo
See my White Avenger @
WWW.Armond30.com

TeamStan2gntApr-25-02 06:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#20376, "RE: yes people post stupid shit when they're bored"
In response to Reply # 10

Yes you should replace the timing belt. That is one of those misc parts I was talking about.

As for $1000 to remove and install the engine. I dont think I could pay that much around here if I wanted to. I occasionally heard a $600 but most places were between $500-575.

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #20365 Previous topic | Next topic