Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #19511
View in linear mode

Subject: "vaccuum connections" Previous topic | Next topic
Swsoc07Apr-10-02 02:40 PM
Member since Feb 26th 2002
78 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19511, "vaccuum connections"

I am installing the HRC stage 1 and its 95% done. I am having some trouble understanding the vaccuum conections set up in the instructions...could someone who has done all the vaccuum connections give me a detailed explaination of what they did?? as far as hookups into the intake mani, boost guage, and bov...thanks so much

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

mitseclpsApr-10-02 03:29 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1018 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19512, "RE: vaccuum connections"
In response to Reply # 0

as far as hookups into the intake mani, boost guage, and bov...thanks so much

here's how mine was w/o the boost controller hooked up. the bov goes to the intake mani. mine was drilled in, but all you really have to do is T off one of the current lines of appropriate size. my boost gauge is T'd onto that really small line that runs near the intake piping, it was the same size as my guage line and i just got a T thing from discountautoparts. the wastegate line either goes to the intake mani or the compressor side of the turbo, i'm not sure how yours is setup. if you have a nipple on the compressor side, run it there, otherwise T it into another line on the intake manifold. it's not the best idea to T it into the same line that you T'd before, b/c in theory it slows things down, but there are a lot of lines back there, so just pick one.

-bryan
'98 rst

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

whodatt1Apr-11-02 01:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2531 posts,
#19513, "RE: vaccuum connections"
In response to Reply # 1

your equipment will be more responsive and work correctly if you have every single vacuum line directly plugged into the intake manifold.
for example when I had my bov t off some other line it would sputter like a turkey now it just makes a nice whoosh sound everytime. same with the westgate, sometimes it would not open cus it would not recive a stong enough boost signal. Now I have no probs. Same can go to the boost gauge and fuel vacuum line.

-97 GS (First project, 299 whp)(sold)
- 97 RS 2.6 last numbers: 306hp, 352tq @16psi (Dead, parted out)
- 99 GS OZ, Hahn Kit, 56k miles (Sold)
--------
- 00 Nissan Maxima GLE (Daily Driver)
- 02 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

97eclipseRSApr-11-02 04:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
940 posts,
#19514, "RE: vaccuum connections"
In response to Reply # 2

where and how do you guys drill into the intake mani? what part of it? how do you keep the shavings from going into the mani and geting sucked in?

- Dan

HRC Stage 2|30lb injectors|S-FMU|Walbro255HP|AFX UDP|B&M Short Shifter w/ Symborski Shift Kit|Rear Strut Bar|Power Slot Rotors|more...

whodatt1Apr-11-02 05:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2531 posts,
#19515, "RE: vaccuum connections"
In response to Reply # 3

if you are going to tap the intake manifold you will have to take it off.
while you have it off you might as well bore your tb.

-97 GS (First project, 299 whp)(sold)
- 97 RS 2.6 last numbers: 306hp, 352tq @16psi (Dead, parted out)
- 99 GS OZ, Hahn Kit, 56k miles (Sold)
--------
- 00 Nissan Maxima GLE (Daily Driver)
- 02 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #19511 Previous topic | Next topic