Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #183
View in linear mode

Subject: "HRC fuel pump? Help!" Previous topic | Next topic
fly1Dec-07-00 08:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1470 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#183, "HRC fuel pump? Help!"

I just got my turbo kit from HRC (after about 6 wks!!!!!!) and I still don't have the fuel mapper--they said it'll be sent out in a few days (whatever).

Anyhow, I don't like the in-line fuel pump and I'll be running either a in-tank Walbro or a Buscher Racing 2nd Gen upgrade fuel pump. How did you guys hook up the fuel pressure regulator? Please help. Did you have to modify anything else? Thanx in advance.

~Kon

"Sometimes, a man has to do what a man has to do."

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamJasonESi_TDec-07-00 09:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#184, "HRC fuel pressure regulator mounting and HRC in-line fuel pump bypass instructions by ME!"
In response to Reply # 0

The Fuel Pressure Regulator:

Do you see where your conical looking cruise control actuator is. It's mounted on a bracket especially made for it in two different pieces. The top part is directly connected to the actuator and should be removed from the bottom part whihc remains mounted to the engine bay. Take the actuator and the top bracket part and mount them LOWER in the engine bay....almost directly underneath from where it once was. Find a vertical mounting point on the side of the engine bay that already has a hole where you can bolt in the top bracket of the cruise conrol actuator. (leave the actuator on the bracket)

Now the old mouting position of the cruise control actuator shoudl be vacant. What I did was use the bottom mounting bracket to mount the fuel pressure regulator. Since the bolt holes don't perfectly line up with BOTH mounting bolts for the FPR, I only used one bolt. That was more than sturdy enough however, to mount the FPR.

Fuel line instructions:

So there the FPR will sit right next to the service fitting off the end of the fuel rail. Make sure to remove the pressure fitting, with a schraeder tool, from the service fitting and take a line from that fitting into the IN of the FPR. The, you take a line from the FPR all the way behind the firewall, under the car to the fuel tank.

The HRC instructions will spell out exactly where they would have you put the in-line fuel pump. Simply bypass that portion of the instructions as if the fuel pump were not required.

A walbro Fuel pump for the second genersation DSM's ar einterchangeable whether for the stock turbo 4g63's or for our nonturbo dsm's. Tom Stangl can sell them to you for $130. http://www.vfaq.com (find the fuel pump install instructions)

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

fly1Dec-07-00 01:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1470 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#185, "RE: HRC fuel pressure regulator mounting and HRC in-line fuel pump bypass instructions by ME!"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks a lot Jason! So, actually, upgrading to an in-tank is a little less work than hooking up the in-line. Again, thanks for the tip. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

~Kon 8)

"Sometimes, a man has to do what a man has to do."

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #183 Previous topic | Next topic