Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #17122
View in linear mode

Subject: "Turbo is now installed and runs right!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
charger71Mar-07-02 10:18 AM
Old School 2GNTer
199 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17122, "Turbo is now installed and runs right!!!"

Well the shop finally got it all right.. 98 GS, auto, AFX UDP, GS-T muffler, and HRC Stage I, turboxs type H-Rfl, and Joe P. MBC..

My Starion is sitting in my closet waiting for the cash to install..

Thanks to Kiku and Optimus Peterson for the help on AIM..

It was worth every dollar!! Later all, time to go cruising!

Nate

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Turbo is now installed and runs right!!!, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Mar-07-02 10:26 AM, #1
RE: Turbo is now installed and runs right!!!, RAIZIN, Mar-07-02 11:24 AM, #2
RE: Turbo is now installed and runs right!!!, charger71, Mar-07-02 11:42 AM, #3
RE: Turbo is now installed and runs right!!!, pn0ymahal, Mar-07-02 12:50 PM, #4
      RE: Turbo is now installed and runs right!!!, cyan, Mar-07-02 02:48 PM, #5
           RE: Turbo is now installed and runs right!!!, optimuspeterson, Mar-07-02 03:27 PM, #6
           RE: Turbo is now installed and runs right!!!, RoboTechDSM, Mar-07-02 05:53 PM, #7
                RE: Turbo is now installed and runs right!!!, charger71, Mar-08-02 01:07 AM, #8
                     RE: Turbo is now installed and runs right!!!, whodatt1, Mar-08-02 02:16 AM, #9
                          RE: Turbo is now installed and runs right!!!, thedawg, Mar-08-02 07:07 AM, #10
                               RE: Turbo is now installed and runs right!!!, Super20G, Mar-08-02 04:35 PM, #11
           RE: Turbo is now installed and runs right!!!, TeamStan2gnt, Mar-10-02 02:30 AM, #12

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMar-07-02 10:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17123, "RE: Turbo is now installed and runs right!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

What ended up causing the problem?

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RAIZINMar-07-02 11:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
775 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17124, "RE: Turbo is now installed and runs right!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

If I were you.. I'd upgrade your exhaust asap.. you're choking your motor under boost. What goes in.. must come out.

charger71Mar-07-02 11:42 AM
Old School 2GNTer
199 posts,
#17125, "RE: Turbo is now installed and runs right!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

it was a vacuum hose that wasnt hooked up.. and then they screwed up my fuel pump, so I had to call in sick and have it fixed.. but its all good now..

After the kit and install, I'm very broke.. but what would you recommend next? I dont plan on anything more that 8 psi intercooled eventually.. I have a starion thats in decent shape..

Should I get a catback? if so, how big? 3" seems awfully large considering the downpipe is 2 1/4 I believe?

Or should I have the starion piping made and put that in?

How important is it to get the A/F and egt gauges at 5 psi? I know everyone recommends them, but I honestly have 0 cash now, and those guages and a 3 pillar pod are pretty pricey right?

You guys are awesome! =) Thanks for help

pn0ymahalMar-07-02 12:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
#17126, "RE: Turbo is now installed and runs right!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

air/fuel gauge about $80 ask corbin he can make you one...
egt is good if your going to drive your car hard and its always good to have one to know whats up... around 100 for autometer -150 with probe...
i have the apexi ws catback paid around 450 about its not loud but dame the canister is huge i bet a cop could see it 100miles away =) hehe... some people do a custom exhaust setup for about 300 or less... look for old post about it...
cool dude
happy boosting =)
Michael 99gs- hrc stage 2 still going for about 7thousand miles

Michael
99gs hrc stage 5000 SOLD...
2004 Honda Accord V6 (240 hp)stock
what other car should i buy?? hmmm
Car info & pictures at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/520269

cyanMar-07-02 02:48 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#17127, "RE: Turbo is now installed and runs right!!!"
In response to Reply # 4

yeah i was wondering the same thing, how would a 2.5" exhaust be advantageous when the downpipe is still restricting me to 2.25? would it be hard to get a turbo-back exhaust made from 3" pipes (cost?)

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

optimuspetersonMar-07-02 03:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2353 posts,
#17128, "RE: Turbo is now installed and runs right!!!"
In response to Reply # 5

glad you got it working. you think his exhaust is restrictive...i'm still running stock exhaust. but i was quoted 250 for 2 1/2" catback exhaust with magnalow muffler. the guy said it would be another 150 bucks for 3". but like cyan asked, is it worth 150 bucks to jump up to the next size? is there that big of power difference?

http://home.bendcable.com/optimuspeterson <<<<HRC Stage 2 and Star Instructions
95 Eclipse - SOLD | 93 BMW 318is - SOLD | 2000 S-10 Extreme on 20's - SOLD
93 Toyota/shaved/bagged/body dropped - SOLD | 97 GSX - SOLD
2006 Scion tC

RoboTechDSMMar-07-02 05:53 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1402 posts,
#17129, "RE: Turbo is now installed and runs right!!!"
In response to Reply # 6

Hey charger71, how's the car feel mang??? I'm still waiting for 3 weeks for the kit to arrived. MAKE ME ENVY YOU FOR NOW (details)!!!!!!!

Kris
"Someday............I'll have traction problems!!!!"
Tampa, FL
Pinoy Turbo 2GNT

1999 HRC Turbo RS
Stage 2
Auto with BOOST!!!!!!!!!!!!

charger71Mar-08-02 01:07 AM
Old School 2GNTer
199 posts,
#17130, "RE: Turbo is now installed and runs right!!!"
In response to Reply # 7

hmm.. how can I describe it... Well, you floor it, then go 2, 1 blastoff!!! the sucker really pulls.. 25 to 2700 rpms it hits 5 psi.. its awesome, definately snap your neck back fast.. and I'm auto.. heh =)

I cant wait to put in the Starion and turn it up to 8.. also gotta love the bov psshhhhhh..

it is gonna take me a little to get used to the fuel pump tho.. ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh .. etc.. hehe

whodatt1Mar-08-02 02:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2531 posts,
#17131, "RE: Turbo is now installed and runs right!!!"
In response to Reply # 8

Glad it is working now.
definetly try to upgrade your exhaust. Pacesetter is always a good product for the money. whatever you get make sure it is mandrel bent and not crushed.
as for the gauges well the only one you really need is the boost one. but the others are very helpful so that you can keep an eye in your engine bay while driving and make sure your car does not go boom.

Enjoy the newly found power!!

Late

-97 GS (First project, 299 whp)(sold)
- 97 RS 2.6 last numbers: 306hp, 352tq @16psi (Dead, parted out)
- 99 GS OZ, Hahn Kit, 56k miles (Sold)
--------
- 00 Nissan Maxima GLE (Daily Driver)
- 02 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

thedawgMar-08-02 07:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#17132, "RE: Turbo is now installed and runs right!!!"
In response to Reply # 9

YAAAHH!! Welcome to the Auto Turboo club

Get a better exhaust I've blown my downpipe off, and now the DP gasket is ashes. I have a GS-T exhaust. I used to think that was fine since the the GST can make ~250hp... but then I realized the t25 turbo doesn't work the same, and stock GST's are slower than I am.

Also, get an EGT. $130 shipped from egauges.
http://www.egauges.com/vdo_mult.asp?Type=Pyrometer&Series=Vision

happy boostin

Super20GMar-08-02 04:35 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2545 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17133, "RE: Turbo is now installed and runs right!!!"
In response to Reply # 10

Even if your downpipe is 2 1/4'', having a bigger exhaust is always better, expecially on a turbo car. Eventhough your downpipe would be a little of a bottleneck, making cat-back 2 1/2 or 3'' will free up the backpressure more than if you stuck with 2 1/4''.

TeamStan2gntMar-10-02 02:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#17134, "RE: Turbo is now installed and runs right!!!"
In response to Reply # 5

>yeah i was wondering the same thing, how would a 2.5"
>exhaust be advantageous when the downpipe is still
>restricting me to 2.25

Thats one of those questions that most will never be able to explain other than "the dyno said its better". In most cases its just more powerful with a larger exhaust even on turbo cars with small stock downpipes. In reality though the difference between 2.5" and 3" cat back on a 200 something hp turbo'd car under 10psi is only a few hp (I know cause "the dyno said so" ,somebody elses dyno anyway).

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #17122 Previous topic | Next topic