Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #15321
View in linear mode

Subject: "things not to do with fuel" Previous topic | Next topic
TommyboyFeb-08-02 03:43 PM
Old School 2GNTer
223 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15321, "things not to do with fuel"

wazzup guys I've been messing around with my fuel system talking to alota people. my fuel setup is set like the First Gen Star kit. go over 5lbs of boost with a 12:1 ratio and you'r way over 100psi of fuel way too rich.so I bumped up the boost to 8 too 9lbs of boost thatz when you start breaking pistons with a 12:1 disk the injectors either get stuck open or closed according too Azizzi from ttiracing.com.. I'm alwayz breaking shit anywayz too experiment. good thing I know how to rebuild my car in a day. the other day I changed my recallibration disk to a 6:1 running at 7lbs my fuel preassure was at 80psi a little lean but alota power it was fine but I wouldn't recommend it. I cranked it up to 9lbs of boost my fuel preassure was 90psi damm it pulled hard as hell I kept running it and raced my friends b16 Crx smoked him all three times then I cracked a piston. this was yesterday.so i was running a 6:1 disk at 9lbs of boost seeing 90psi of fuel preassure on a wallbro 255lph pump and stock injectors. I would of been fine if I would of put the 24lb injectors inn but i didn't care. we'll if any of you guys are looking for some brand new 24lb injectors for 25 bucks each call R&E racing in Lancaster Ca. I think they have a loose 4 when I say loose I mean they usually sell them in a set of 8 but I guess the other 4 got stolen.I got the 30lb injectors already put inn and the head back on the car ,and slapped another piston in. now I'm gonna run a 4:1 disc with the 30lb injector I'll let you guyz know what happens, how it idles and runs. I know corbin you told me to put the 24lbs ones in but I took the injectors back,and took the 30lb ones.at 9 lbs of boost where should I be with 30lb injectors corbin I remember you saying 65psi. I might buy the 3:1 disc if the fuel preassure is Too high or use a bleeder valve from vortech they sell them for standard vortech FMU. I don't think they sell a 2:1 disc. and if this setup does not work I'll put my stock injectors back on and boost 7lbs on a 8:1 disc and maybe bleed off a little air.()

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: things not to do with fuel, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-08-02 04:15 PM, #1
RE: things not to do with fuel, Tommyboy, Feb-08-02 04:24 PM, #2
      RE: things not to do with fuel, ModeratorCorbin, Feb-08-02 05:32 PM, #3
           RE: things not to do with fuel, TeamDeanoD, Feb-09-02 11:10 AM, #4
                RE: things not to do with fuel, ModeratorCorbin, Feb-09-02 12:27 PM, #5
                     RE: things not to do with fuel, ecl98pse, Feb-09-02 03:38 PM, #6
                          RE: things not to do with fuel, ModeratorCorbin, Feb-10-02 05:11 AM, #7
                               RE: things not to do with fuel, TeamDeanoD, Feb-10-02 07:24 AM, #8

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneFeb-08-02 04:15 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15322, "RE: things not to do with fuel"
In response to Reply # 0

1. Get bigger injectors.
2. get an AFC.
3. Next time, rebuild it with good pistons.

If not, i have three good pistons with rods i'll sell you

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TommyboyFeb-08-02 04:24 PM
Old School 2GNTer
223 posts,
#15323, "RE: things not to do with fuel"
In response to Reply # 1

yeah I got the 30lb injectors inn right now won't know how it runs till I finish putting my car back together tommorrow. I'm gonna run them with no AFC and with a 4:1 disc. a Darkone I might get those pistons off you I'll let you know, Azzizi tucker from TTi racing.com is developing a headgasket that will lower compression to 8:1 i'm his guinne pig to experiment.

ModeratorCorbinFeb-08-02 05:32 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#15324, "RE: things not to do with fuel"
In response to Reply # 2

You are just nuts man! How many pistons is this now? You are really willing to "put it out there"...I'll give you that. Well, you never really know how much abuse something can take until you break it. Better you than me. You should look for 65 psi with the 30 lb injectors. You'll have a hard time running lean with those guys. Good luck!

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
HRC+FMIC+ETC...

Corbin
'97 GSX dressed like a '95 ESi

TeamDeanoDFeb-09-02 11:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1099 posts,
#15325, "RE: things not to do with fuel"
In response to Reply # 3

wouldn't the 4:1 disc be too low? I know that 5:1 works out perfectly, but vortech only makes 4:1 or 6:1 in their recal kit. (basic vortech fmu)

Corbin could you explain the base fuel pressure of 47 psi for 97+ cars. Then when you use the fmu, fuel pressure would go to 107 psi using the 6:1 disc. It would go to 87 psi when using the 4:1 disc. It always keeps the base 47 psi fuel pressure.

Am I not correct?

Where does a base 33 psi come in?

Should I leave the stock fuel pressure regulator hooked up when I swap in a 6:1 disc with the 30LB injectors?

sorry so many questions.....more I learn, the more questions I have.

97 RS(PTE SC-61, Built Long Block, Electromotive Tec 3)It's Here!

ModeratorCorbinFeb-09-02 12:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#15326, "RE: things not to do with fuel"
In response to Reply # 4

>sorry so many questions.....more I learn, the more questions
>I have.

Deano...I'm not quite sure where your numbers are coming from, etc. Can you send me an e-mail with what turbo you have, engine mods, fuel pump, fuel regulator, injectors, and max boost. I can run a few calcs and get you numbers to shoot for. Its just easier to answer questions in detail that way. Oh yeah, its "cbehnken@vt.edu"

Thanks,

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
HRC+FMIC+ETC...

Corbin

ecl98pseFeb-09-02 03:38 PM
Member since Jan 28th 2002
573 posts,
#15327, "RE: things not to do with fuel"
In response to Reply # 5

Where can i get a 9:1 disk and would it be ok to run on stock injectors at 7 ta 8psi?

ModeratorCorbinFeb-10-02 05:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#15328, "RE: things not to do with fuel"
In response to Reply # 6

ecl98pse: It doesn't look like they offer a 9:1 disk. How much fuel you need also depends on what turbo you have. The Star turbo will need a little more fuel than the HRC at the same boost. I've built some fuel system pages that you may not have seen. Read them here:
http://www.geocities.com/vttalon/tech.html
Just remember that the FMU disks may not change the fuel pressure as much as advertised. Tommy tested several disks. I think the 8:1 gave appropriate pressure for 9 psi (check with him). Also, you should know that the in-tank pump with the star kit can't "safely" supply enough fuel at 100+ psi fuel pressure needed for 9 psi on stock injectors.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
HRC+FMIC+ETC...

Corbin

TeamDeanoDFeb-10-02 07:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1099 posts,
#15329, "RE: things not to do with fuel"
In response to Reply # 7

You've got mail.

97 RS(PTE SC-61, Built Long Block, Electromotive Tec 3)It's Here!

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #15321 Previous topic | Next topic