Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #143
View in linear mode

Subject: "Boost is workn'n right!" Previous topic | Next topic
LockeDec-04-00 05:19 PM
Old School 2GNTer
111 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#143, "Boost is workn'n right!"

Damm this kit is off the hook =) Sweeeeeet!! I love it best feeling I had driving a car =). Too bad its foggy tonite so i cant really test it out but man! I love turbo! =) I'll be happy with 5 psi for at least couple of months...Jeff 5 psi is tite...feels like the car is in hyperdrive or something when it kicks in. And wyatt I put the star sticker right where you put yours. It looks sweet Bad ass! =) next i'll need 18 monsoons lol. j/k OH well that burgundy color with the white sticker looks sweet. ...now i feel like i can spank trucks , gsr's ..etc =) ..hopefully i wont have any troubles soon

Im loosing my favorite game"

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Boost is workn'n right!, TeamJeff_99gs, Dec-04-00 06:19 PM, #1
RE: Boost is workn'n right!, Locke, Dec-04-00 08:19 PM, #2
      RE: Boost is workn'n right!, TeamMuRiX, Dec-05-00 03:43 AM, #3
           RE: Boost is workn'n right!, TeamWyatt, Dec-05-00 05:05 AM, #4
                RE: Boost is workn'n right!, Locke, Dec-05-00 09:23 AM, #5
                     Watch that fuel!!, TeamJasonESi_T, Dec-05-00 09:31 AM, #6
                          EGT temps and heat, TeamWyatt, Dec-05-00 09:41 AM, #7
                               RE: EGT temps and heat, Locke, Dec-05-00 10:33 AM, #8
                                    idling wrong?, TeamWyatt, Dec-05-00 11:00 AM, #9
                                         you don't like the turkey gobble BOV sound? you must be CRAZY!, TeamWyatt, Dec-05-00 11:02 AM, #10
                                         RE: you don't like the turkey gobble BOV sound? you must be CRAZY!, Locke, Dec-05-00 05:29 PM, #11
                                         RE: idling wrong?, Locke, Dec-05-00 05:34 PM, #12
                                              RE: idling wrong?, TeamJasonESi_T, Dec-05-00 05:53 PM, #13
                                                   nope not yet, Locke, Dec-05-00 05:57 PM, #14
                                                        hey jay, Locke, Dec-05-00 05:59 PM, #15
                                                             Jealousy, SaberKhan, Dec-05-00 06:06 PM, #16
                                                             RE: Jealousy, Locke, Dec-05-00 06:13 PM, #17
                                                             RE: hey jay, TeamJasonESi_T, Dec-06-00 07:52 AM, #18

TeamJeff_99gsDec-04-00 06:19 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#144, "RE: Boost is workn'n right!"
In response to Reply # 0

Thats awesome! Good to hear. I'm glad its working out for ya. I wonder if 5psi will feel a lot different with the 16G. I'll have to wait and see }>
I'm sure if you stay within the kit's limits you won't hit any troubles. Hell, you might even convince me to go Star Performance.

I'm still waiting for pics!
(some vids would be cool too)

Jeff

http://gs.dsmpower.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

LockeDec-04-00 08:19 PM
Old School 2GNTer
111 posts,
#145, "RE: Boost is workn'n right!"
In response to Reply # 1

LAST EDITED ON 05-Dec-00 AT 01:29 AM (PST)

You just gotta love boost =) it sounds like a space ship going into hyperdrive when the turbo spools then this wierd ass turkey gobble sound lol..stupid bov..dont really like that sound though.
anyways both HRC/STAR are great kits to me but I just lean towards the star kit because wyatt gives good deals ^_^ . But HRC has an advantage towards the saftey area if thats your main concern. Thats my main concern too but since the price of the star kit was soo much better, it made me choose star=).haha....anyways the FMIC gets alot of attention from riceboys and my engine bay looks much nicer because of the stainless steel pipn'n ..okki lates

p.s also I email hrc about why is their kit so much more then stars and they gave me a really lame answer. it took em like months to tell me that
blah i talk to much o_O lates

TeamMuRiXDec-05-00 03:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1502 posts,
#146, "RE: Boost is workn'n right!"
In response to Reply # 2

It feels like a whole new car doesn't it? Welcome to boost and just be careful. Don't let the boost gremlins get ya

MuRiX
97 Eclipse GS HRC Stage II
And a whole lot of other mods...
89 Accord LSi - yes it's mine
http://murix.home.icq.com/index.html

05 Mazda RX-8
06 Lotus Elise

TeamWyattDec-05-00 05:05 AM
Old School 2GNTer
211 posts,
#147, "RE: Boost is workn'n right!"
In response to Reply # 3

LAST EDITED ON 05-Dec-00 AT 10:08 AM (PST)

Sounds good Locke
Happy to hear that, where is your adjustment screw at on the weastegate? I bet your not even pushing 5psi, maybe 4,4.5!
You would be suprised how much power even 5psi makes
Oh, you asked earlier who you should beat @ 5psi?
I spanked a 99 Prelude type SH realy bad, I just shut the car down after 2nd gear. I thought he gave up when I saw him coming up on me (from like 1.5 cars back), I then proceded to mash the throttle again and I just left my foot in it the whole way down the track. I must have beaten him by 6-7 cars.
I ran him twice, same results both times. He runs pretty consistant 15.2's 15.3's, of course this wasn't at a track, this was out at our country street races ( I have to say country, because the location is out in the boonies
I have also spanked a GST Spyder running around 5psi, he was my first race, but gotta give them a break, those are heavy ass cars!
oh, any of you BAY DSM guys, one of these days you guys have to drive up to our street (country races) You can stay at my place and we can lay some spanking down! We usaully race all night 11pm-3am. No cops, if they do show up they check for alchohol and say "have a nice night fellas"
let me know, I would love to cruise the streets with my boyz

Wyatt Leras
http://www.turbogs.dsmpower.com
98 Eclipse GS Star Stage 5,000 Turbo kit

LockeDec-05-00 09:23 AM
Old School 2GNTer
111 posts,
#148, "RE: Boost is workn'n right!"
In response to Reply # 4

Gawdammit!! Boonie racing! you gotta love it! Seems like cops and stuff are such jerks over here and soo cool over there.

Hey wyatt question...Doesnt it seem like the turbo gets really really hot after you take it for a hard run? Damm what im afriad of is that it might start melting stuff o_O. .. what do people mean when their cars idle weird?...i think mines seem like it was doing it for awhile but i dont know if its that ..okay lates

" Im loosing my favorite game"

TeamJasonESi_TDec-05-00 09:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#149, "Watch that fuel!!"
In response to Reply # 5

LAST EDITED ON 05-Dec-00 AT 02:33 PM (PST)

Man, I'm gonna start beat'in dat ass if some of you STAR guy don't go out and buy some fuel pressure guages!

If you're worried about stuff melting is the engine bay, it sounds like there MIGHT be excessive heat which means you may be a bit LEAN. Check it out man! Also, if you're not idling correctly, it may be the same thing as well. That's what it sounds like to me at least. Get the car on some stands and double check your fuel system setup. Especially if any of those vaccum lines are a bit loose. Check it out man!

EGT guage too please! My turbo gets hot, but nowhere near melting anyting in the engine bay!

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

TeamWyattDec-05-00 09:41 AM
Old School 2GNTer
211 posts,
#150, "EGT temps and heat"
In response to Reply # 6

Here is a good idea I did.
now doubt about it, the turbo creates a lot more heat than normal, I havbne't melted anything, just make sure nothin gis resting on the turbine housing.
Go to your local dealership and buy a TURBO heat shield for the underside of your hood. It DRASTICALLY reduced the temperature of my hood (I was afraid of hurtig my paint)
I think it cost like $15

You will have the EGT And Boost gauges in 2 days so you will be able to see your EGT readings

Wyatt Leras

LockeDec-05-00 10:33 AM
Old School 2GNTer
111 posts,
#151, "RE: EGT temps and heat"
In response to Reply # 7

I dont think anything is really wrong with the kit....Im just saying the turbo and manifold gets pretty hot. Im pretty sure its normal..Its not melting anything but I bet it would if anything is touching it =). like i said..im not sure if its idleling wrong...can someone explain what that means to me?..

TeamWyattDec-05-00 11:00 AM
Old School 2GNTer
211 posts,
#152, "idling wrong?"
In response to Reply # 8

Locke, what do you mean idling wrong?? It should idle the exact sae way as it did with the turbo off.
Tell me how it idles.
Wyatt Leras

TeamWyattDec-05-00 11:02 AM
Old School 2GNTer
211 posts,
#153, "you don't like the turkey gobble BOV sound? you must be CRAZY!"
In response to Reply # 9

Thats the most awesome sound sin the world(next tot the spool up)!!
Wyatt Leras

LockeDec-05-00 05:29 PM
Old School 2GNTer
111 posts,
#154, "RE: you don't like the turkey gobble BOV sound? you must be CRAZY!"
In response to Reply # 10

what!?? im not crazy =) blah! we need a vote

LockeDec-05-00 05:34 PM
Old School 2GNTer
111 posts,
#155, "RE: idling wrong?"
In response to Reply # 9

i dont know what you call it...sometimes when im driving at around 4 k it kicks a little..kinda like a jump..is it because of the boost? I think its because i let go of the gas slightly but i dunno. Also is my fan comes on often now....when i start it in cold weather and just let it warms up the fan seems to be work'n'n alot thanks wyatt =)

TeamJasonESi_TDec-05-00 05:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#156, "RE: idling wrong?"
In response to Reply # 12

Did you hook up the vc1? Sounds like a mini fuel cut to me...

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX

LockeDec-05-00 05:57 PM
Old School 2GNTer
111 posts,
#157, "nope not yet"
In response to Reply # 13

LockeDec-05-00 05:59 PM
Old School 2GNTer
111 posts,
#158, "hey jay"
In response to Reply # 14

got icq or aim? need your knowledge at times...=)

SaberKhanDec-05-00 06:06 PM
Old School 2GNTer
994 posts,
#159, "Jealousy"
In response to Reply # 15

Damnit! you guys are makin' me wish I already had my kit on. Gonna be a while for me...building my bottem end before I bolt up the boost :o/ Ah well, it'll be worth it. 'Till then, take some pictures Locke! I wanna see :p

91 awd: 60-1, 880's, E-Prom, etc.
93 awd: JDM 6 bolt, K&N, full exhaust, Wally 255, otherwise stock.

R.I.P. the original "Factory Freak"
15.5's with short ram and catback only
1996 RS 5-speed

LockeDec-05-00 06:13 PM
Old School 2GNTer
111 posts,
#160, "RE: Jealousy"
In response to Reply # 16

hey sabrekhan.. got icq or aim too? ...you seem cool to talk to mr all motor =).....yeah i'll probably going take some pictures later....what I want to do is have my friend sit in the back seat of my car and when im woopn'n ass snap a piturce lol j/k..
Im's too boost happy now and got kinda use to 5 psi...o_O...scary..haha... I feel the need for more speed =)

TeamJasonESi_TDec-06-00 07:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#161, "RE: hey jay"
In response to Reply # 15

Heya man!

No problem...my name is "JasonESiT" on AOL IM.

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #143 Previous topic | Next topic