Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #120
View in linear mode

Subject: "Locke....." Previous topic | Next topic
TeamJeff_99gsDec-03-00 08:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#120, "Locke....."

How is the car boosting now that you found the problem? Just curious, cause I will be boosting 5 psi this spring and I'm trying to learn as much as possible before the kit goes on.

Jeff

http://gs.dsmpower.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

LockeDec-03-00 01:00 PM
Old School 2GNTer
111 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#121, "Jeff"
In response to Reply # 0

its pretty sweet man! Whos installing it for you? Stage 1 or 2? I dont have a boost guage right now so im boostn'n only 5 psi. I notice the kit kicks in around 3 k something and when it does it gets loud and it starts moving! Im pretty sure you'll want more then 5psi though.(Boost Happy) at first I was thinking bout boost'n only 5-6 in stage 2...now i want to go 7-8^_^. Its runs sweet and no probelms right now.....just gotta learn how to shift faster!(thats what really kills me). My bro install it for me (honda mechanic) and he did a great job.

(war story not really)
This Rs came next to me zooming by and I catch up to him and past him up. Guess he heard the wastegate and knew i was turbo because afterwards in stayed in back of me =). Same with this saturn on the freeway. But i did lost to a hella big truck and a intergra gsr that was fixed up...but then i was only on 5psi

I'll try to get pcitures up of my engine when I have time.
You'll going to be seeing alot of that when you start racing me LoL

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamJeff_99gsDec-03-00 04:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#122, "RE: Jeff"
In response to Reply # 1

I'm going with the HRC stage 1 for now. I want to learn what I am doing before I start pushing more power through it, and I can't afford the stage 2 yet. All I really want for now is a little extra pickup that will surprise honduh and 4g63 drivers, and 5 psi works for that. I am probably going to get it installed at a shop near me..(I know the owner really well and he will back his installation with free repairs or fixes for any reason. He will also get me a discount with the HRC kit if he orders more than one at a time, and he already has 2 other buyers lined up. But he has to do the installation at the shop for that deal to work.) I am getting an A/F, boost, and EGT guage with the kit, along with the triple a pillar pod. (I am staying very much on the safe side).

Hopefully you will get that boost around 8psi and give that GSR a lesson in racing.

Lets see some pics!
Its always good knowing that there is one more Boosting 420a out there.

Jeff

LockeDec-03-00 06:27 PM
Old School 2GNTer
111 posts,
#123, "RE: Jeff"
In response to Reply # 2

man I figure out the reason why i didnt spank the gsr...Its because the i/c piping on the star kit is a hella tight fit. Really hard to get it to come together...as soon as I freakn'n get my bumper off again(need tools) I will update you more..but trust me! you'll get boost happy =)

LockeDec-03-00 06:46 PM
Old School 2GNTer
111 posts,
#124, "BTW"
In response to Reply # 3

its hella better IMO to have a gs turboed rather then a gst....its the whole sleeper thing I like.. They under estimate you and you spank em =)..lol after that it seems like they dont want to get side by side with you anymore =)

TeamJeff_99gsDec-03-00 07:56 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#125, "RE: BTW"
In response to Reply # 4

>They under
>estimate you and you spank
>em =)..lol after that it
>seems like they dont want
>to get side by side
>with you anymore =)

I know exactly what you mean...
tonight I was riding with a friend of mine in his 97 TSi AWD and a heavily modded accord pulled up next to us at a light. this car was lowered, with rims, and almost black tint, but I could tell something was weird about it....his exhaust, for example, was the stock 1.5 inch or whatever, yet the car was rumbling like the exhaust was being dumped into open atmosphere....and I saw nothing coming out of the tail pipe. Anyway, we took off and after racing for quite a bit around late night traffic, we got to an open section of road and took off. He hung with us really well till around 90mph, then he started falling back and at 4-5 car lengths behind, he just quit. He probably thought it was either an ESi or a stock TSi..but I have to admit that the 4g63 performs quite well at 15psi.
It was amazing...it was my first race in a turbo car(even though I wasn't driving), and it was unbelievable.
I am addicted to turbos, and I don't even have one yet! }>
its just more fuel to throw on the fire.

Jeff

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #120 Previous topic | Next topic