Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109795
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nitrous 420a build" Previous topic | Next topic
thebroadcastMar-06-17 08:18 AM
Member since Mar 05th 2017
2 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109795, "Nitrous 420a build"

Dont know if this is all covered already tried looking and have looked into a few threads and got information but not all the way i want to go for 300whp or as close to it or higher with 100shot i have a 97 eclipse gs rebuilt M/T and rebuilt engine injen intake meagan headers and catback with msd coil i just got the head port and polished was planning on a complete built head i dont know which cam to go with but im leaning towards crane since i rarely see anyone use them and they seem to have nice specs over the crower ones beehive valve springs crower valves maybe a walbro 450 or 255 idk i also dont know what kind of injectors i should run since i want to run e85 this will not be a daily driver just a weekend fun car and the car im learning to build off of probably missing some questions but thats all i can remember at the moment if theres anything else you guys know of that might help reach the goal or higher other then a turbo let me know still deciding on intakes and all that i guess ill use megasauirt for tuning possibly retard timing if neccessary maybe a 60mm intake manifold and intake oh yeah leaving the bottem end stock for now im not rich but money is no issue just trying not to put as much money as i could i could keep going but i think ill stop here and respond accordingly since ive made a huge no periods essay

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

bluespunkMar-08-17 05:14 PM
Member since Apr 08th 2008
98 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#109796, "RE: Nitrous 420a build"
In response to Reply # 0
Mar-08-17 05:15 PM by bluespunk

This should really be in the turbo and nitrous section and you should really use proper grammar here, or people will ignore you. It's been a few years since I ran a 420a, but I'm pretty sure the upper limit on the stock bottom end is close to or under 300 at the crank. You're going to have a hard time getting that at the wheels on a stock bottom end and keeping an engine. If you're serious about making power on that platform, a built bottom end is in your future. If it were me, I'd be more worried about getting that than about nitrous.

You're on the right track with megasquirt. I don't remember there being too many other serious options for a 420a unless something changed after I moved on. I didn't see anything about injectors in your post, and the stock ones aren't going to flow anywhere near enough for 300hp, especially on e85. You're going to need a high flow filter and the lines to connect it. You're going to need an AFPR. Basically, the pump is step 1 of about 5 for your fuel setup.

Read through the how to turbo your car threads in the tech articles section. Yes, I know you don't want to turbo your car, but the fuel lectures will help you figure out how to calculate the size injectors and pump you actually need. Remember to compensate for the increased fuel consumption for e85. I forget if it's a 20% or 30% increase over 93, but either way it's more pump, more injectors, and/or more line pressure. E85 effects what kind of filter element you can run as well.

My build: verttuner.com (hosted on my blog)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

thebroadcastMar-08-17 08:36 PM
Member since Mar 05th 2017
2 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109797, "RE: Nitrous 420a build"
In response to Reply # 1
Mar-08-17 08:39 PM by thebroadcast

Yeah im sorry about the grammar, i was on my phone at the time thats what happens when you text more then talk these days. I did ask about the injectors since i have no idea which ones i should get for my goals, also i wanted to do an edz blocm swap with srt4 internals and up the shot down the road, so thats why im just gonna run sbe. But thanks for your input is there a way for me to move the post to the correct area?

bluespunkMar-08-17 10:48 PM
Member since Apr 08th 2008
98 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#109798, "RE: Nitrous 420a build"
In response to Reply # 2
Mar-08-17 10:49 PM by bluespunk

A mod should be able to help you move the thread. PM Darkone or code red. Road race engineering should have a calculator to help you figure out what size injector you need. Again, keep in mind that those are usually meant for 93, so increase by 20-30% for e85. I'm not sure how nitrous is going to impact your octane rating since I haven't run it, so I can't really give good advice on how to account for that.

Regardless, the injector size needed is a function of the horsepower you want, the pressure you plan to run (most cars run 43psi as that's what injectors are rated for), and the bsfc of your engine. You take the output of the formula and then compensate for fuel type that you're running. Whatever number you get at that point is the minimum injector size capable of supporting your power level at 100% capacity in a perfect world. Now figure that you want the injector to use no more than 80% of it's capacity to flow that amount (the number typically thrown around for maintaining longevity in the injectors). The tech articles I mentioned explain how the formulas work as well as the average bsfc for the 420a, which you'll need a rough idea of for pretty much any calculator.

My build: verttuner.com (hosted on my blog)

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109795 Previous topic | Next topic