Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109742
View in linear mode

Subject: "Turbo size question. Possibly upgrading." Previous topic | Next topic
AFrostyStrangerJun-17-14 08:07 AM
Member since May 28th 2014
19 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109742, "Turbo size question. Possibly upgrading."

Currently running 9.1 compression and a Hahn 16g turbo. my end goal in the next few years is to see the car over 400 whp. I have an opportunity to pick up a garret turbo for pretty cheap.

This is the turbo.
http://p1performance.com/products_display_detail.php?id=3069

Im looking for some info on if this may be to large. I do not do any auto cross with the car. Its pretty much a fun weekend warrior.

Thank you in advance for any advice!

1998 GS Hahn Turbo with Port fueler.
272hp 273tq at 17psi

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Turbo size question. Possibly upgrading., Bluehaze420ars, Jun-17-14 08:46 AM, #1
RE: Turbo size question. Possibly upgrading., AFrostyStranger, Jun-17-14 09:24 AM, #2
RE: Turbo size question. Possibly upgrading., AFrostyStranger, Jun-17-14 10:41 AM, #3
      RE: Turbo size question. Possibly upgrading., AFrostyStranger, Jun-17-14 11:08 AM, #4
           RE: Turbo size question. Possibly upgrading., Bluehaze420ars, Jun-18-14 08:39 AM, #5
                RE: Turbo size question. Possibly upgrading., AFrostyStranger, Jun-18-14 08:50 AM, #6
                     RE: Turbo size question. Possibly upgrading., Bluehaze420ars, Jun-18-14 12:56 PM, #7
                          RE: Turbo size question. Possibly upgrading., AFrostyStranger, Jun-18-14 05:03 PM, #8
                               RE: Turbo size question. Possibly upgrading., ez, Jun-18-14 11:25 PM, #9
                                    RE: Turbo size question. Possibly upgrading., AFrostyStranger, Jun-19-14 02:06 AM, #10
                                         RE: Turbo size question. Possibly upgrading., BoostedEclipse, Jun-21-14 12:59 PM, #11
                                         RE: Turbo size question. Possibly upgrading., AFrostyStranger, Jun-23-14 06:02 AM, #12
                                         RE: Turbo size question. Possibly upgrading., ez, Jun-25-14 11:06 PM, #13
                                              RE: Turbo size question. Possibly upgrading., AFrostyStranger, Jun-26-14 12:04 PM, #14

Bluehaze420arsJun-17-14 08:46 AM
Member since Oct 13th 2013
11 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109743, "RE: Turbo size question. Possibly upgrading."
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by AFrostyStranger
Currently running 9.1 compression and a Hahn 16g turbo. my end goal in the next few years is to see the car over 400 whp. I have an opportunity to pick up a garret turbo for pretty cheap. This is the turbo. http://p1performance.com/products_display_detail.php?id=3069 Im looking for some info on if this may be to large. I do not do any auto cross with the car. Its pretty much a fun weekend warrior. Thank you in advance for any advice!

A 60 trim will not be too big at all. It won't Spool like the 16g but if you get the. 63 a/r you will do pretty good. With e85 you should get to 400whp+

Jj

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AFrostyStrangerJun-17-14 09:24 AM
19 posts,
#109744, "RE: Turbo size question. Possibly upgrading."
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by Bluehaze420ars
Originally posted by AFrostyStranger Currently running 9.1 compression and a Hahn 16g turbo. my end goal in the next few years is to see the car over 400 whp. I have an opportunity to pick up a garret turbo for pretty cheap. This is the turbo. http://p1performance.com/products_display_detail.php?id=3069 Im looking for some info on if this may be to large. I do not do any auto cross with the car. Its pretty much a fun weekend warrior. Thank you in advance for any advice!
A 60 trim will not be too big at all. It won't Spool like the 16g but if you get the. 63 a/r you will do pretty good. With e85 you should get to 400whp+

Cool Thanks!

272hp 273tq at 17psi

AFrostyStrangerJun-17-14 10:41 AM
19 posts,
#109745, "RE: Turbo size question. Possibly upgrading."
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by AFrostyStranger Currently running 9.1 compression and a Hahn 16g turbo. my end goal in the next few years is to see the car over 400 whp. I have an opportunity to pick up a garret turbo for pretty cheap. This is the turbo. http://p1performance.com/products_display_detail.php?id=3069 Im looking for some info on if this may be to large. I do not do any auto cross with the car. Its pretty much a fun weekend warrior. Thank you in advance for any advice!

Maybe you can help me out. Ive been out of the turboing game for a while. Why is running e85 so beneficial for turbo cars and what does it take to run it in a car setup for normal gas? I know literally nothing about it.

272hp 273tq at 17psi

AFrostyStrangerJun-17-14 11:08 AM
19 posts,
#109746, "RE: Turbo size question. Possibly upgrading."
In response to Reply # 3

Did a little googleing and i got the jist of it.
Just found out the closest E85 stating near me is about an hour away. LOL Ill be in no hurry for that.

272hp 273tq at 17psi

Bluehaze420arsJun-18-14 08:39 AM
11 posts,
#109747, "RE: Turbo size question. Possibly upgrading."
In response to Reply # 4

If you have Facebook join 420a Srt4 and edz group. Bunch of people on there. This site is pretty dead these days it just has good info. Don't worry about e85 just get a goal and plan to back it up.

Jj

AFrostyStrangerJun-18-14 08:50 AM
19 posts,
#109748, "RE: Turbo size question. Possibly upgrading."
In response to Reply # 5

If you have Facebook join 420a Srt4 and edz group. Bunch of people on there. This site is pretty dead these days it just has good info. Don't worry about e85 just get a goal and plan to back it up.

I actually just requested to join that page yesterday. Still waiting on the acceptance.

272hp 273tq at 17psi

Bluehaze420arsJun-18-14 12:56 PM
11 posts,
#109749, "RE: Turbo size question. Possibly upgrading."
In response to Reply # 6

That's funny lol so what is your set up now? Are you portfueler or megasquirt?

Jj

AFrostyStrangerJun-18-14 05:03 PM
19 posts,
#109750, "RE: Turbo size question. Possibly upgrading."
In response to Reply # 7
Jun-18-14 05:03 PM by AFrostyStranger

That's funny lol so what is your set up now? Are you portfueler or megasquirt?

Currently running a portfueler, but im looking to go MS or another EMU. I have been advised that if i want to see high power that the Portfueler is not the best option due to lack of ignition and timing control. I liked the idea of the PF because of the ability to get good MPGS when driving nice, but this car has been upgraded from my daily to strictly a toy and i no longer care about the MPG. I bought this car off my cousin almost the way it is today and i just recently had a long discussion with the shop owner who built the motor for the car. He said that with the PF the car will always run "Good" never great. So im upgrading the turbo, opening up the exhaust, and hopefully going with a new EMU.

272hp 273tq at 17psi

ezJun-18-14 11:25 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#109751, "RE: Turbo size question. Possibly upgrading."
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by AFrostyStranger
Originally posted by Bluehaze420ars That's funny lol so what is your set up now? Are you portfueler or megasquirt?
Currently running a portfueler, but im looking to go MS or another EMU. I have been advised that if i want to see high power that the Portfueler is not the best option due to lack of ignition and timing control. I liked the idea of the PF because of the ability to get good MPGS when driving nice, but this car has been upgraded from my daily to strictly a toy and i no longer care about the MPG. I bought this car off my cousin almost the way it is today and i just recently had a long discussion with the shop owner who built the motor for the car. He said that with the PF the car will always run "Good" never great. So im upgrading the turbo, opening up the exhaust, and hopefully going with a new EMU.

Im after mpg so ill buy a used pf if you end up selling it.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

AFrostyStrangerJun-19-14 02:06 AM
19 posts,
#109752, "RE: Turbo size question. Possibly upgrading."
In response to Reply # 9
Jun-19-14 02:06 AM by AFrostyStranger

I'll def keep you in mind when i go to sell it. If your just starting a build i will also have a hahn manifold and hahn 16g turbo for sale.

272hp 273tq at 17psi

BoostedEclipseJun-21-14 12:59 PM
Donating 2GNT member
283 posts,
#109753, "RE: Turbo size question. Possibly upgrading."
In response to Reply # 10

Pf used in conjunction with with an msd 6212 ignition with boost reference works great. If you no longer care about dd problems then ms is def the way to go.

- 98 Eclipse rs turbo

AFrostyStrangerJun-23-14 06:02 AM
19 posts,
#109754, "RE: Turbo size question. Possibly upgrading."
In response to Reply # 11

IM either going with MS or AEM EMS4.

272hp 273tq at 17psi

ezJun-25-14 11:06 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#109755, "RE: Turbo size question. Possibly upgrading."
In response to Reply # 10

I already have the hrc kit and necessary injectors, just need the pf

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

AFrostyStrangerJun-26-14 12:04 PM
19 posts,
#109756, "RE: Turbo size question. Possibly upgrading."
In response to Reply # 13

Got it!

272hp 273tq at 17psi

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109742 Previous topic | Next topic