Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109681
View in linear mode

Subject: "Cheapest turbo budget build" Previous topic | Next topic
bigray1111Jul-10-13 12:56 PM
Member since Mar 12th 2011
39 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109681, "Cheapest turbo budget build"

Hey guys, it's been a while, but I'm thinking about getting back into the 2gnt scene. I've recently had a gst that i fixed up and drove around for a while, but it just wasnt that same as my old 420a turbo eclipse and talon that I had owned. The old motor in my talon cracked a ring, and instead of fixing it up, i sold it off regrettably. Now, I'm thinking of getting another 420a. My plan, 14b turbo! I would utalize the stock manifold and weld a 14b flange on to it.

Things I already have.

:14b turbo with o2 housing.
Turbo xs BOV
Various pipes/couplers
FMU
Boost gauges ect.
Oil lines
Vacuum Hoses

What I would need:
Fuel pump (Found knock off for 26$)
Some type of missing link <$40
SMIC or FMIC $30-40?
Downpipe fab $20
hoses $.00's
time and energy :'(

I dont think i can think of anything else. It would be the biggest budget build of budget builds. I believe I did my last one that held up great for 800$ and some change before.

The flange getting welded onto the manifold is very possible before anybody starts saying it wont. With the removal of the studs, there is plenty of room to mig weld the flange on. one welded I can port it out to get a good flow from the manifold. Simple, Cheap. EASY.

For the intercooler, I'm thinking of getting a 2g side mount, and mounting it under the hood, creating very short pipes from the turbo to the intake manifold.

For the downpipe, just a bunch of pipes welded up, or create a side exit. Not too sure yet.

First thing is first, I need to get the car! which is not a problem. Theres always tons of 420a's here with low miles and cheap enough to not break the bank.

Any opinions or suggestions lets here them guys!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

bigray1111Jul-11-13 10:20 AM
Member since Mar 12th 2011
39 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109682, "RE: Cheapest turbo budget build"
In response to Reply # 0

im shocked nobody has anything to say! this forum used to get comments in minutes.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Grothe3297avengerJul-11-13 10:42 AM
Member since Feb 25th 2011
31 posts,
#109684, "RE: Cheapest turbo budget build"
In response to Reply # 1

Don't think there is much to comment on really, seems like you got the gist (spelling?) of it. Cheap is cheap obviously, hopefully you don't run into any maintenance issues and what not.

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109681 Previous topic | Next topic