Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109667
View in linear mode

Subject: "Tuning 420a" Previous topic | Next topic
sullbren17May-22-13 10:06 PM
Member since May 20th 2013
3 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109667, "Tuning 420a"

I was going to ask you guys When you have a set up for more HP you need some sort of tuning for more fuel, and for your ecu to respond/not respond to boost, and so on and so forth. I have a 420a with eagle rods, je piston and turbo and stuff. But i bought this from someone who did all these mods and what he told me was he made a "jumper harness?" which is just a wire pulled out of the map sensor. I have 450cc injectors, and i have a vortex FMU but how can i make my tuning less "ghetto" I looked up things like FCD and Portfueler, I know what MS is but i don't understand the combinations of things like Do i need FCD with a Portfueler. anyone want to give me suggestions on which tuning would be good and what i should look into i looked into what these are but im not sure how they need to be compatible with eachother.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

DstachMay-23-13 12:08 AM
Member since Dec 04th 2010
276 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109668, "RE: Tuning 420a"
In response to Reply # 0

Search... Fcd stops the ecu from seeing boost. Port fueler adds fuel mainly during boost. You need fcd on stock ecu, or missing link but in my opinion fcd is better. MS replaces the stock ecu or is used in parallel to the stock ecu. It lets you fully control your fuel, spark, and alot more depending on ms1,2,3. Search it. Figure out your HP goal not boost and go from there. Check the wiki for performance paths. On my phone so may have typos.

-----
99 Eclipse gs (Daily)
89 Honda Crx (Drag car project)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Gruff511Jun-10-13 05:26 PM
Member since Aug 06th 2011
203 posts,
#109671, "RE: Tuning 420a"
In response to Reply # 1

If you already got a built motor you might as well go MS3 standalone(much simpler imo). with a portfueler you can only control fuel, with a fcd that just tricks the stock ecu to not see boost(if you have the stock ecu you NEED a fcd) and the stock ecu cant adjust timing according to boost/rpm levels. If you dont choose MS then go with another ecu that allows you to control fuel AND spark.

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109667 Previous topic | Next topic