Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109623
View in linear mode

Subject: "HELP!!!! 2g built 420a turbo fuel problems" Previous topic | Next topic
taclipse_96Mar-04-13 06:17 PM
Member since Nov 15th 2009
4 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109623, "HELP!!!! 2g built 420a turbo fuel problems"

I need help i have replaced my fuel pump, fuel filter, rc 550 injectors, venom fuel rail, vortech 12:1 super fmu,,,, and my aem wideband is showing full lean, i can start it up and and my idle pressure is 30psi that is nowhere enough im sure, anyway as soon as i start it up my wideband will show 14.5 to 14.9 then a couple of seconds later it will peg lean idk whats going on, oh also when i changed my fuel filter i noticed i dont have a fpr dont i need that? please help me cause i couldnt get any help from dsmtuners they kinda hate on us 420a people.

VTEC all the lag with none of the boost!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

RtistykMar-04-13 07:38 PM
Member since May 26th 2012
25 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109624, "RE: HELP!!!! 2g built 420a turbo fuel problems"
In response to Reply # 0

Fuel pressure at idle should be 45-50 psi. Yes you need the fpr.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorCorbinMar-05-13 09:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#109625, "RE: HELP!!!! 2g built 420a turbo fuel problems"
In response to Reply # 0

550 cc/min injectors and a 12:1 FMU? That sounds like a recipe for way too much fuel under boost. A 12:1 is more at home with a small stock injector. If you have a 1996, there is a fuel pressure regulator back by the gas tank (returnless fuel system). There are a few different ways to do this install on a '96+ car. Did you run a return line back from the fuel rail to the FMU and back to the tank? What location are you measuring the 30 psi of fuel pressure? Honestly, 30 psi is plenty to idle on a 550 cc/min injector. The stock injector is only 235 cc/min, so you would have to run single digit fuel pressure to match that (not suggesting that you do that).

Corbin
'95 ESI-T

Now with more power and fewer leaks

Humble servant of the Wiki

taclipse_96Mar-30-13 01:04 PM
Member since Nov 15th 2009
4 posts,
#109646, "RE: HELP!!!! 2g built 420a turbo fuel problems"
In response to Reply # 2

i figured it out, i guess my fmu went bad i took it off and replaced it with a afpr and now my car runs great! and no there wasnt a fpr back by the tank it had been taken off and a return line was ran back to the tank, i now have a tick in the top end that comes and goes idk what in the world is causing that i guess the lifters but these arnt adjustable are they?

Gruff511Apr-04-13 11:44 PM
Member since Aug 06th 2011
203 posts,
#109654, "RE: HELP!!!! 2g built 420a turbo fuel problems"
In response to Reply # 3

Ohh a tick? is it ticking? I had that problem too, turns out i cracked a ring land. You should do a compression test if you havent already.

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109623 Previous topic | Next topic