Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109613
View in linear mode

Subject: "420a Turbo Fuel Setup" Previous topic | Next topic
Mr GoobsFeb-28-13 09:19 PM
Member since Feb 05th 2013
3 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109613, "420a Turbo Fuel Setup"
Feb-28-13 09:28 PM by Mr Goobs

Hello,

Got a question about a "proper" fuel setup for a brand new bone STOCK built motor. I will be running only 8 psi, target is around 190-220 hp.

What supporting fuel applications would be good for an 8lb build?

From what I gathered this is the list for a basic fuel setup:

- 30lb or higher Injectors
- SFMU
- AFPR
- 255 LPH HP Fuel Pump
- FCD

and of course MS to tune with. But is it "safe" to stay untuned with a setup like this. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks guys.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Grothe3297avengerFeb-28-13 10:38 PM
Member since Feb 25th 2011
31 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109614, "RE: 420a Turbo Fuel Setup"
In response to Reply # 0

Well you need to find out if you want to use MS or the SFMU. This will make the difference on your list. If you use MS, ditch the SFMU and the FCD as you won't need them. Now if you go with the SFMU, you need to get rid of the AFPR, and MS.

With your setup you would be fine with the SFMU route, but its obviously best to get MS if you can get it because you can tune it and not have to worry as much as you would with the SFMU.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Mr GoobsMar-01-13 08:50 AM
3 posts,
#109615, "RE: 420a Turbo Fuel Setup"
In response to Reply # 1
Mar-01-13 08:52 AM by Mr Goobs

Okay, so this list will be fine then?

-30lb or higher injectors
-SFMU
-Stock FPR
-FCD
- 255LPH HP fuel pump

I don't have the funds for MS right now but I'd rather focus my money into the fuel so I don't go boom boom down the road.

So after everything is installed you basically just dial in the correct fuel pressure with the SFMU and adjust everything?

With bigger injectors on an 8lb stock build I won't have to do anything with spark or timing correct? They are for a lack of a better term "plug and play" ?

Thanks in advance!

Slo2gMar-01-13 09:40 AM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#109616, "RE: 420a Turbo Fuel Setup"
In response to Reply # 2

http://www.jegs.com/p/Vortech/Vortech-Fuel-Management-Units/757886/10002/-1

VS

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/megasquirti-programmable-efi-system-pcb22-kit-black-case-p-128.html

For what your doing the MS1 will be just fine, you will need a few extra things like a flyback circuit and it will allow you to do what the SFMU does except be a million times better and its cheaper. If your only running 8psi you don't really have to touch the ignition tables which you wouldn't be able to with this ECU but if you did want to you could bump up to the MS extra board and make more power with ignition control....just food for though for those that think MS is too expensive. You don't have to run the MS3x board with all the bells and whistles.

Mr GoobsMar-01-13 11:23 AM
3 posts,
#109620, "RE: 420a Turbo Fuel Setup"
In response to Reply # 3

I gotcha. So this fuel setup will work but its better to just invest in MS for future applications.

I really appreciate the information I'm just trying to be super cautious with this and start small since this is my first turbo build/ install and first time working with a turbo in general.
Guess I should start looking into forged internals next haha. Thanks guys!

Socal420aTMar-25-13 10:58 PM
Member since Jun 01st 2012
25 posts,
#109639, "RE: 420a Turbo Fuel Setup"
In response to Reply # 0

Dont forget a wideband if you dont have it already. You HAVE to have a way to monitor your afr's

and just start with the boost low and gradually raise it keeping a close eye on everything. I wouldn't just start out at 8psi

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109613 Previous topic | Next topic