Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109527
View in linear mode

Subject: "Inline fuel pump removal/replacement for Walbro 255" Previous topic | Next topic
QC DSM ESiTSep-26-12 05:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109527, "Inline fuel pump removal/replacement for Walbro 255"

Hey guys I tried to search this but not much of anything useful came up so I was hoping some of you might be able to help. I'm tired of running two fuel pumps and having a loud inline pump that came with my Hahn kit back in the day. A long time ago this kit was installed by a shop so I have no idea what was done to install the inline pump (installation onto the fuel lines and wiring). I am now older and have more knowledge and would like to remove this pump myself but I'm not quite sure what all I will need to do. I've ordered a Walbro 255 in tank pump that will be replacing both my stock pump and the inline pump and I've seen the write up on how to install the in tank pump. I just need to know what all I will need to do to get rid of the inline pump. Thanks in advance guys.

I contributed to the wiki!

95 Eagle Talon ESi-T (BACK FROM THE DEAD!)
98 Dodge Neon R/T
93 Saab 900 Turbo Commemorative Editon #86 of 325 (sold)
95 Volkswagen GTI VR6 (saved from crusher)(sold)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Inline fuel pump removal/replacement for Walbro 255, PinkPixi, Sep-27-12 02:46 PM, #1
RE: Inline fuel pump removal/replacement for Walbro 255, QC DSM ESiT, Sep-28-12 09:30 PM, #2
      RE: Inline fuel pump removal/replacement for Walbro 255, PinkPixi, Sep-28-12 09:42 PM, #3
RE: Inline fuel pump removal/replacement for Walbro 255, austin27, Sep-30-12 08:25 AM, #4
RE: Inline fuel pump removal/replacement for Walbro 255, Gruff511, Sep-30-12 11:31 AM, #5
RE: Inline fuel pump removal/replacement for Walbro 255, QC DSM ESiT, Sep-30-12 12:56 PM, #6
      RE: Inline fuel pump removal/replacement for Walbro 255, QC DSM ESiT, Oct-01-12 09:44 PM, #7
           RE: Inline fuel pump removal/replacement for Walbro 255, PinkPixi, Oct-02-12 10:20 AM, #8
                RE: Inline fuel pump removal/replacement for Walbro 255, QC DSM ESiT, Oct-05-12 09:17 PM, #9

PinkPixiSep-27-12 02:46 PM
Member since Apr 04th 2012
66 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109530, "RE: Inline fuel pump removal/replacement for Walbro 255"
In response to Reply # 0

Post a picture of the IN_LINE setup.

For the most part it will involve taking out the pump and filling in the gap that is left behind.
FROM THIS -----{PUMP}----
TO THIS -----{EMPTY SPACE}----
THEN TO THIS -----{NEW LINE}----

That would be the simplest way to do it.

Then removing or capping the wiring that went to it too.

A candle burning on both ends is twice as bright but lasts half as long.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

QC DSM ESiTSep-28-12 09:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#109531, "RE: Inline fuel pump removal/replacement for Walbro 255"
In response to Reply # 1

I'll post up a picture tomorrow. I wasn't sure if I would have to replace the entire solid fuel line or if just sticking some fuel hose in the gap that the pump was at and just hose clamping it down is the safe solution. I know it will be running some decently high PSI with the Walbro 255.

98 Dodge Neon R/T

PinkPixiSep-28-12 09:42 PM
66 posts,
#109532, "RE: Inline fuel pump removal/replacement for Walbro 255"
In response to Reply # 2

if the old fuel pump is held in by clamps then go ahead and use the same style to put the new piece in, otherwise if the pump is actually held in by A-N fittings then go ahead and make a piece to go back in using the current A-N fittings. There is no need to replace either end of the fuel line if its intact and in good shape.

austin27Sep-30-12 08:25 AM
Member since Mar 19th 2010
16 posts,
#109533, "RE: Inline fuel pump removal/replacement for Walbro 255"
In response to Reply # 0

Let me know if it is an fitting. I have extra stainless fuel line and tool to put fittings on I live in Moline. Thought our car was the only turboed 420a in the Quad Cities. My son will be bummed to hear that he is not the only one.

Gruff511Sep-30-12 11:31 AM
Member since Aug 06th 2011
203 posts,
#109535, "RE: Inline fuel pump removal/replacement for Walbro 255"
In response to Reply # 4

You should run some push-Lok or ss braided fuel line from the pump straight to the fuel rail, with an inline fuel filter of course. That way you don't have to worry about leaking at the clamps. If you do it right the first time you won't have to worry about it anymore.

QC DSM ESiTSep-30-12 12:56 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#109536, "RE: Inline fuel pump removal/replacement for Walbro 255"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by austin27
Let me know if it is an fitting. I have extra stainless fuel line and tool to put fittings on I live in Moline. Thought our car was the only turboed 420a in the Quad Cities. My son will be bummed to hear that he is not the only one.

I'll keep you updated as this might be the best solution. Also very convenient that ya live in Moline. I'm OG turboed 420a in the QC. I've been turboed for nearly 10 years but the car has been down for the last 6.

98 Dodge Neon R/T

QC DSM ESiTOct-01-12 09:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#109537, "RE: Inline fuel pump removal/replacement for Walbro 255"
In response to Reply # 6

Well here is a picture of how it was hooked up. It as an AN fitting on the one end and is a female connection and the other end was pushed on and clamped onto the fuel line after pushing the male AN connection back. So a line that makes a U shape and has a female AN connection at each end should work. I will probably figure out what size the AN connection is tomorrow by taking it to a hydraulic place tomorrow. Then I will probably just get a universal braided steal line with female AN connections at both ends from Jeggs. I'll keep you all updated but it will be a bit as I'm taking the gas tank to get cleaned tomorrow and I don't have the new fuel pump yet either.

98 Dodge Neon R/T

PinkPixiOct-02-12 10:20 AM
66 posts,
#109538, "RE: Inline fuel pump removal/replacement for Walbro 255"
In response to Reply # 7

after seeing that picture I would agree that it would be best to go ahead and just replace the fuel line.

QC DSM ESiTOct-05-12 09:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#109548, "RE: Inline fuel pump removal/replacement for Walbro 255"
In response to Reply # 8

Well I've got some -6AN fuel line and adapters for the pump and for the solid line (both the same size). If anyone for future reference wants to know what that size is, it's M14-1.5. Jegs.com carried the adapter that I got, which is a M14-1.5(female) x -6AN(male). I'll take some pictures here when I've completed the setup so you all can see how it looks.

98 Dodge Neon R/T

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109527 Previous topic | Next topic