Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109450
View in linear mode

Subject: "No power under boost" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Sorry_i_WinJun-16-12 11:07 AM
Member since Jul 10th 2002
1910 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109450, "No power under boost"

A little background info here: http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=109423&mode=full

When building boost, it seems like the car has no power and will sputter and sometimes backfire. I just recently installed the turbo kit and now have all my gauges wired up inside the car but I don't have the exhaust done yet. I'm just running it with the star downpipe and stock front o2 sensor (the rear o2 is not connected, in case that matters). I have an Innovative wideband AFR gauge but I don't have anywhere to put it's o2 sensor yet.

Right now I'm just running the stock injectors, vortech FMU, Wally 255 pump, star's turbonetic wastegate (should be set at 7 psi). I don't have the boost controller connected yet so I shouldn't be building more than 7-8 psi. Fuel pressure is about 50 psi at idle. I also have a 3-wire FCD installed so unless I wired it wrong or it's not working, I don't think I should be experiencing fuel cut.

I checked all the vac/boost lines and didn't notice any leaks. Any one know what I should be looking for? I really wish I had the wideband installed so I could see what the A/F ratio is.

Anyone know anyone who can help me tune this in the Pittsburgh area (Greensburg)?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic

Gruff511Jun-16-12 12:19 PM
Member since Aug 06th 2011
203 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109451, "RE: No power under boost"
In response to Reply # 0
Jun-16-12 12:30 PM by Gruff511

Why are you posting twice about the same problem?

You dont need the secondary O2 sensor. Install the wideband and put the O2 where your secondary sensor was. See what your AFR's are at when this happens. And if this happens ONLY when you try to go into boost it may be the FCD isnt adjusted properly. You need to tune the electronic fcd when you install it.
I see you say you need help tuning so I ask what do you have to tune with?

AdministratorCODE4Jun-16-12 02:12 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#109452, "RE: No power under boost"
In response to Reply # 0

Agreed. This does not warrant a second post. Ammend your first post if you additional information.

Last, attempting to drive under boost with no tuning and no monitoring capabilities (e.g. WBO2) is playing Russian Roulette with a semi-automatic. Install it. No one can speculate why you are having an issue over the Internet when you cannot provide any engine data feedback.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109450 Previous topic | Next topic