Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109383
View in linear mode

Subject: "Backfire/back pressure" Previous topic | Next topic
eclipse420agsMay-11-12 06:10 AM
Member since Apr 23rd 2012
99 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109383, "Backfire/back pressure"

So I got up and cranked my car this morning and it was super loud all the way to work, when I got there popped the hood and saw my dp was broke off from the turbo flange. I was gonna let it sit there and idle for a little while to let the turbo cool but the engine started bogging down, finally cut off by itself then backfired. Is this because it didnt have any back pressure at all? What does it sounds like to yall?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Backfire/back pressure, Dstach, May-11-12 10:35 AM, #1
RE: Backfire/back pressure, eclipse420ags, May-11-12 12:00 PM, #2
      RE: Backfire/back pressure, Dstach, May-11-12 11:06 PM, #3
           RE: Backfire/back pressure, eclipse420ags, May-15-12 06:21 AM, #4
                RE: Backfire/back pressure, JoshDSM, May-15-12 06:19 PM, #5
                     RE: Backfire/back pressure, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, May-15-12 09:05 PM, #6
                          RE: Backfire/back pressure, eclipse420ags, May-18-12 12:56 PM, #7

DstachMay-11-12 10:35 AM
Member since Dec 04th 2010
276 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109385, "RE: Backfire/back pressure"
In response to Reply # 0

Search back pressure. You will learn something I guarantee it.

-----
99 Eclipse gs (Daily)
89 Honda Crx (Drag car project)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipse420agsMay-11-12 12:00 PM
99 posts,
#109386, "RE: Backfire/back pressure"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks googled obviously that not the problem could I be running so rich at idle it bogs down?

DstachMay-11-12 11:06 PM
Member since Dec 04th 2010
276 posts,
#109390, "RE: Backfire/back pressure"
In response to Reply # 2

Whats your wide band reading? If you don't have one try reading the plugs. I wouldn't think so but mabey. What fuel pressure and injector cc's?

-----
99 Eclipse gs (Daily)
89 Honda Crx (Drag car project)

eclipse420agsMay-15-12 06:21 AM
99 posts,
#109397, "RE: Backfire/back pressure"
In response to Reply # 3

Just thought about it today had been running high 9s on the wideband your right probably my spark plugs fouling out. Will check it today when I get it back from the shop (dp broke)

JoshDSMMay-15-12 06:19 PM
Member since Aug 29th 2010
69 posts,
#109398, "RE: Backfire/back pressure"
In response to Reply # 4

Might be because the up stream o2 wasnt reading and it created the motor to bog and then eventually cut out.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMay-15-12 09:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#109399, "RE: Backfire/back pressure"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by JoshDSM
Might be because the up stream o2 wasnt reading and it created the motor to bog and then eventually cut out.

yeap. front O2 was reading lean, causing the ECU to dump fuel.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

eclipse420agsMay-18-12 12:56 PM
99 posts,
#109407, "RE: Backfire/back pressure"
In response to Reply # 6

That makes sense it was really bad before the car heated up that would explain why.

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109383 Previous topic | Next topic