Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109112
View in linear mode

Subject: "Try this obx turbo manifold....." Previous topic | Next topic
VendorRed90SevJan-11-12 05:39 PM
Member since Aug 28th 2010
261 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109112, "Try this obx turbo manifold....."

So, I got this turbo manifold and the upper part of the downpipe for free with a bunch of stuff I got... I hadn't seen it on any other cars and couldn't find whether or not it even fit. Well, I am tearing apart my $200 car and thought I would test fit it to see if it interfered with anything. Well, it seems to actually fit really well and if supported properly, might serve as a decent manifold for some of you. Here's some pics..

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Try this obx turbo manifold....., kyito87, Jan-11-12 07:28 PM, #1
RE: Try this obx turbo manifold....., junkyarddsm, Jan-11-12 08:03 PM, #2
      RE: Try this obx turbo manifold....., VendorRed90Sev, Jan-11-12 08:17 PM, #3
           RE: Try this obx turbo manifold....., kyito87, Jan-11-12 11:03 PM, #4
                RE: Try this obx turbo manifold....., Gruff511, Jan-12-12 12:09 AM, #5
                     RE: Try this obx turbo manifold....., BoostedEclipse, Jan-12-12 01:38 PM, #6
                          RE: Try this obx turbo manifold....., VendorRed90Sev, Jan-12-12 07:25 PM, #7
                               RE: Try this obx turbo manifold....., VendorRed90Sev, Jan-12-12 08:01 PM, #8
                                    RE: Try this obx turbo manifold....., Gruff511, Jan-13-12 01:16 AM, #9

kyito87Jan-11-12 07:28 PM
Member since Sep 14th 2008
2 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109113, "RE: Try this obx turbo manifold....."
In response to Reply # 0

I think that Manifold is for a neon

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

junkyarddsmJan-11-12 08:03 PM
Member since Nov 08th 2010
75 posts,
#109114, "RE: Try this obx turbo manifold....."
In response to Reply # 1

That is for the 420a eclipse have seen them on ebay but have not seen it on a car. Looks like its not to bad id buy it to try it. I would add support bars to the turbo flange tho obx are know to be made cheap and crack. Just to ask are you parting the car out or doing work to drive it?

Finish? What is this "finish" you speak of sir? Dsm's are never complete just temporarily put together.

97 eclipse gone but never forgotten Ill miss you money pit.

VendorRed90SevJan-11-12 08:17 PM
261 posts,
#109115, "RE: Try this obx turbo manifold....."
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by junkyarddsm
That is for the 420a eclipse have seen them on ebay but have not seen it on a car. Looks like its not to bad id buy it to try it. I would add support bars to the turbo flange tho obx are know to be made cheap and crack. Just to ask are you parting the car out or doing work to drive it?

I'm in the process of restoring it back to stock. Picked it up from a guy for $200 with a ton of extra free stuff. The manifold was also with the deal, so I thought I would test fit it on the car. And yeah, the ones for the Neon are just like this except the t3 flange and WGA flange are basically upside down and won't fit the 420a Eclipse. This is one of the nicest cheap manifolds I have seen. Def want to add some support bracket, but the welds don't even look as bad as you would suspect... AND the down pipe flange and WGA tube line up perfectly with a turbo that fits that flange.... Quite amazing actually lol. I'm thinking of taking off my Hahn on my other car just to give it a chance...

kyito87Jan-11-12 11:03 PM
Member since Sep 14th 2008
2 posts,
#109116, "RE: Try this obx turbo manifold....."
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by Red90Sev
Originally posted by junkyarddsm That is for the 420a eclipse have seen them on ebay but have not seen it on a car. Looks like its not to bad id buy it to try it. I would add support bars to the turbo flange tho obx are know to be made cheap and crack. Just to ask are you parting the car out or doing work to drive it?
I'm in the process of restoring it back to stock. Picked it up from a guy for $200 with a ton of extra free stuff. The manifold was also with the deal, so I thought I would test fit it on the car. And yeah, the ones for the Neon are just like this except the t3 flange and WGA flange are basically upside down and won't fit the 420a Eclipse. This is one of the nicest cheap manifolds I have seen. Def want to add some support bracket, but the welds don't even look as bad as you would suspect... AND the down pipe flange and WGA tube line up perfectly with a turbo that fits that flange.... Quite amazing actually lol. I'm thinking of taking off my Hahn on my other car just to give it a chance...

Good luck! and yeah that manifold looks nice. We will be waiting for pictures lol

Gruff511Jan-12-12 12:09 AM
Member since Aug 06th 2011
203 posts,
#109117, "RE: Try this obx turbo manifold....."
In response to Reply # 4

Niiiiice! Finally, ive been waiting for someone to get this manifold so i can check it out. Looks like the fitment is more on point than other obx mani's.

BoostedEclipseJan-12-12 01:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
283 posts,
#109124, "RE: Try this obx turbo manifold....."
In response to Reply # 5

I can barely stand looking at it lol. Its a tubular mani for our car that fits and is cheap though, which is good.

- 98 Eclipse rs turbo

VendorRed90SevJan-12-12 07:25 PM
261 posts,
#109126, "RE: Try this obx turbo manifold....."
In response to Reply # 6

I'm about to run out on the garage and put it on my shortblock (out of the car) and see how it fits... I'll throw on my spare ac compressor and ps pump, but from the looks of it, everything lines up perfectly. I really don't think it will put the turbo near the fans either, (as long as it isn't a huge turbo) but I will be using my 16g as a mock up. Also I will add, there aren't any problems with putting the bolts in like the Star and Hahn manifolds have. All of the bolt holes to mount to the head are clear of anything that would require you to have smaller profile nuts etc... I'll post pics of it on my motor later tonight or tomorrow morning.

VendorRed90SevJan-12-12 08:01 PM
261 posts,
#109127, "RE: Try this obx turbo manifold....."
In response to Reply # 7
Jan-12-12 09:38 PM by Red90Sev

I'm wondering what those of you who know a lot about manifold design have to say about it... Is it a better design than the Star/Hahn logs? Besides the quality of the material used (which I'm sure is lacking) is a good design?

EDIT: If anyone is interested in purchasing this from me, I have it listed in the fs forum.

Gruff511Jan-13-12 01:16 AM
Member since Aug 06th 2011
203 posts,
#109129, "RE: Try this obx turbo manifold....."
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by Red90Sev
I'm wondering what those of you who know a lot about manifold design have to say about it... Is it a better design than the Star/Hahn logs? Besides the quality of the material used (which I'm sure is lacking) is a good design? EDIT: If anyone is interested in purchasing this from me, I have it listed in the fs forum.

The design is a little bit better since the waste gate flange on this one is located directly before the turbo which is beneficial. Like the log style mani's where the waste gate port is right after #1 cylinder, it kind of robs you of some power on that #1 cylinder.
This manifold would be a little better also if the runners were of more equal length but IMO i think this design is better than the original log mani.

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109112 Previous topic | Next topic