Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109077
View in linear mode

Subject: "Turbonetics 50trim. 15psi stock injectors?" Previous topic | Next topic
ryan95eclipseDec-05-11 09:12 AM
Member since Oct 03rd 2010
59 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109077, "Turbonetics 50trim. 15psi stock injectors?"

Have a star stage 2 turbo kit installed. Turbonetics 50 trim. A vortech fmu I picked up. I don't know the size of it but it worked. Aem fic wired up. And now a wally 255 fuel pump. Picked up a turboxs mbc and turned the boost up 3 notches and now I'm hitting 15psi at 3500 rpm on stock injectors. Idle is around 14.8-15.8 and boost was around 10.8-12.8. Little rich but I added fuel to the injectors when I had the stock pump in to compensate until the new pump was in. Is this normal I can hit 15psi on stock 95 injectors without fuel cut?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Turbonetics 50trim. 15psi stock injectors?, Moderatorxcasbonx, Dec-05-11 10:11 AM, #1
RE: Turbonetics 50trim. 15psi stock injectors?, Broke4going, Dec-05-11 03:43 PM, #2
RE: Turbonetics 50trim. 15psi stock injectors?, ryan95eclipse, Dec-05-11 04:59 PM, #3
RE: Turbonetics 50trim. 15psi stock injectors?, ryan95eclipse, Dec-05-11 05:02 PM, #4
      RE: Turbonetics 50trim. 15psi stock injectors?, SilvrEclips, Dec-05-11 08:23 PM, #5
           RE: Turbonetics 50trim. 15psi stock injectors?, ryan95eclipse, Dec-05-11 09:24 PM, #6
                RE: Turbonetics 50trim. 15psi stock injectors?, megaskillz, Dec-08-11 05:43 PM, #7

ModeratorxcasbonxDec-05-11 10:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109078, "RE: Turbonetics 50trim. 15psi stock injectors?"
In response to Reply # 0
Dec-05-11 10:28 AM by xcasbonx

I don't know the math/numbers offhand...but I would say you're pushing their limits.

Better yet...here, read.

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=How_to_Choose_Fuel_Injectors

and here... http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Stock_Injector_Flow_Rate

OK. Edit again, I did the math for saying you have around 250hp and 85% duty cycle. Comes out to around 500 cc/min or 50# lbs/hr. FYI stock injector flow rate is around 235 cc/min. So I'd definitely look into upgrading your injectors.

I contributed to the Wiki.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Broke4goingDec-05-11 03:43 PM
Member since Nov 22nd 2009
50 posts,
#109079, "RE: Turbonetics 50trim. 15psi stock injectors?"
In response to Reply # 1

my concern would be knock/Det.particularly when you have 12.8afr@15psi. Just offhand, do you have a way to monitor your EGT?

Not that the afr/psi combo will be a definite indicator of good or bad. There are other factors besides fuel delivery and pressure, like timing and the subsequent EGT signature that will be able to tell you if you are "good"

The screen name says it all

ryan95eclipseDec-05-11 04:59 PM
59 posts,
#109080, "RE: Turbonetics 50trim. 15psi stock injectors?"
In response to Reply # 2

I have a egt gauge but its not hooked up. Its been pouring rain and very cold to route wires. But it could have been more.. once I put the wally 255 in at 8psi I was hitting a 10.8 afr. And my afr doesn't really change or kick in until full boost.. this normal? Just don't wanna blow it. I'm pullin 1* degree of timing per lb of boost through my aem fic. Added fuel to the idle and that's it. The car sounds nasty when it spools. Nasty meaning badass. Pulls like I'm gonna miss the bus for school. Lol just wanna be safe to boost this much.

ryan95eclipseDec-05-11 05:02 PM
59 posts,
#109081, "RE: Turbonetics 50trim. 15psi stock injectors?"
In response to Reply # 1

Yea I knew the flow rate is 235cc but thanks for clearing that up. I just wanna know if its normal to be hitting 15psi on a 50 trim turbonetics t3/t4 turbo on these 235cc injectors..

SilvrEclipsDec-05-11 08:23 PM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
534 posts,
#109082, "RE: Turbonetics 50trim. 15psi stock injectors?"
In response to Reply # 4

Is this on the stock block? If so I wouldnt suggest running that much boost. The motor surely will not last long running that much boost.

98 Eclipse GS Turbo
Built motor - MS2 - Holset hy35 - Zoom Stg 4 Clutch - 57.5mm TB - ARP Headstuds - Turbonetics wastegate - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Cobra calipers w/ 13" Rotors - Oil Cooler - DevilsOwn meth injection

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i

ryan95eclipseDec-05-11 09:24 PM
59 posts,
#109083, "RE: Turbonetics 50trim. 15psi stock injectors?"
In response to Reply # 5

Completely stock everything. blew a hg and fixed it with jb weld.

lmao JK! JK! JK! Its all been built with an Eagle+Wiseco combo. etc. Everything has been changed but the trans clutch and head internals.

I just need to know if its gonna be safe to keep boosting 15psi. yea i plan on turning it down soon with winter coming up. Does anyone know how to tune better with AEM F/IC?

And soon after i get bigger injectors, built head, and my ram manifold after winter and it's tuned properly im hoping to hit close to 375-400whp.

megaskillzDec-08-11 05:43 PM
Member since Oct 12th 2008
105 posts,
#109084, "RE: Turbonetics 50trim. 15psi stock injectors?"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by ryan95eclipse
Completely stock everything. blew a hg and fixed it with jb weld. lmao JK! JK! JK! Its all been built with an Eagle+Wiseco combo. etc. Everything has been changed but the trans clutch and head internals. I just need to know if its gonna be safe to keep boosting 15psi. yea i plan on turning it down soon with winter coming up. Does anyone know how to tune better with AEM F/IC? And soon after i get bigger injectors, built head, and my ram manifold after winter and it's tuned properly im hoping to hit close to 375-400whp.

I remember a post a while back from a member on here about tuning using AEM F/IC. I don't think he's been on here much since but he had plenty of videos of his build and using the AEM F/IC. You can find it here.

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=92&topic_id=1717&mode=full

The last video at the bottom of the page is more in depth about the AEM F/IC tuning. I hope that helps.

98 GS manual - ATMT completed
91 Hyundai Excel- 4g63t swap pending
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2553845/1998-mitsubishi-eclipse

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109077 Previous topic | Next topic