Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109020
View in linear mode

Subject: "2 vaccum ports? Adjustable wastegate" Previous topic | Next topic
ryan95eclipseOct-12-11 08:25 PM
Member since Oct 03rd 2010
59 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109020, "2 vaccum ports? Adjustable wastegate"

Just purchased a 38mm wastegate, brand new and aem fic for 20 bucks. lol dont ask but WIN! 2 big issues i need before friday. 1 is idk how to install my aem fic the 2nd. My wastegate has 2 spots/connectors? for hoses. one on top, and one on the back. The guy i got them from said to regulate it cause its adjustable with a 30psi spring inside and can adjust down to 8psi. Can anyone tell me how i would install this to be, adjustable?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 2 vaccum ports? Adjustable wastegate, AdministratorCODE4, Oct-12-11 08:40 PM, #1
RE: 2 vaccum ports? Adjustable wastegate, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Oct-12-11 08:47 PM, #2
RE: 2 vaccum ports? Adjustable wastegate, ryan95eclipse, Oct-12-11 09:51 PM, #3
      RE: 2 vaccum ports? Adjustable wastegate, AdministratorCODE4, Oct-13-11 03:38 AM, #4
      RE: 2 vaccum ports? Adjustable wastegate, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Oct-13-11 08:28 AM, #5
           RE: 2 vaccum ports? Adjustable wastegate, Slo2g, Oct-13-11 09:16 PM, #6
                RE: 2 vaccum ports? Adjustable wastegate, ez, Oct-15-11 05:45 PM, #7

AdministratorCODE4Oct-12-11 08:40 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109021, "RE: 2 vaccum ports? Adjustable wastegate"
In response to Reply # 0

Have you attempted to contact the manufacturer? You have not even included pictures, brand-name, or model. How is anyone suppose to help you?

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneOct-12-11 08:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#109022, "RE: 2 vaccum ports? Adjustable wastegate"
In response to Reply # 0

You can't "regulate" a wastegate below the rating of the spring.

You want to plumb a boost signal, typically from a nipple on the outlet of the turbo, to the lower back port on the wastegate.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

ryan95eclipseOct-12-11 09:51 PM
Member since Oct 03rd 2010
59 posts,
#109023, "RE: 2 vaccum ports? Adjustable wastegate"
In response to Reply # 2

The guy i bought it from told me it was a blox. at this time i dont really care.. it looks like a TiAL Knock Off. nothing else stamped on it or labeled. I found a drawn diagram of someone running a hose from the turbo to the wastegate, and the second nipple on the wastegate T'd into the first hose.. if that makes sense?

Heres a link to one almost identical.. as you can see the top and back side nipples.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=TiAL+knockoff+wastegate&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1366&bih=511&tbm=isch&tbnid=HP6P995-1b-ZyM:&imgrefurl=http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php%3Ft%3D731747&docid=qaksl-USxGOlTM&imgurl=http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs258.snc1/10527_1169990968185_1180317573_485607_1186575_n.jpg&w=604&h=453&ei=7l-WTpSOH4aftwegmsTmAw&zoom=1

AdministratorCODE4Oct-13-11 03:38 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#109024, "RE: 2 vaccum ports? Adjustable wastegate"
In response to Reply # 3

If you want adjustability, you are going to need a boost controller or swap out the diaphragm springs.

I would not count on something that cheap being reliable for very long either.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneOct-13-11 08:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#109025, "RE: 2 vaccum ports? Adjustable wastegate"
In response to Reply # 3

The top port stays open. If you apply boost to the top port, you're effectively boosting the wastegate shut.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Slo2gOct-13-11 09:16 PM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#109026, "RE: 2 vaccum ports? Adjustable wastegate"
In response to Reply # 5
Oct-13-11 09:21 PM by Slo2g

Yep, most people only use both ports when using a boost control solenoid, because in the event of a failure it will not "infiniboost" but fall back to what the default wastegate pressure is. I'll look for the write up on it. I think its over on neons.org

Edit:

ezOct-15-11 05:45 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#109027, "RE: 2 vaccum ports? Adjustable wastegate"
In response to Reply # 6

AEM FIC does not work well on our platform. Controlling the injectors throws a CEL. Would have been a great solution but they never designed a FIC specifically for 2g's AFAIK.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109020 Previous topic | Next topic