Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108812
View in linear mode

Subject: "fuel system questions " This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
nzty420aJul-12-11 10:45 PM
Member since Jul 11th 2011
43 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108812, "fuel system questions "

when instaling an fmu on my fuel system on my 99 eclipse nt what size fmu do you guys recomend? and is there anything in my fuel rail that i need to modify or remove . and i was looing at a fuel line break down on my fuel system and would it be best to run a new return line all the way to the tank ? and i also read something about disconect the vac line to the stock fpr is this true also ? sorry so many questions just wanna make sure everything works properly

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: fuel system questions , nzty420a, Jul-16-11 11:59 AM, #1
RE: fuel system questions , ez, Jul-16-11 12:05 PM, #2
RE: fuel system questions , nzty420a, Jul-29-11 04:42 PM, #3
      RE: fuel system questions , SilvrEclips, Aug-05-11 10:23 AM, #4
           RE: fuel system questions , nzty420a, Aug-05-11 08:42 PM, #5
                RE: fuel system questions , SilvrEclips, Aug-08-11 06:30 AM, #6
                     RE: fuel system questions , nzty420a, Aug-09-11 09:21 PM, #7
                          RE: fuel system questions , AdministratorCODE4, Aug-10-11 05:27 PM, #8
                               RE: fuel system questions , nzty420a, Aug-10-11 08:41 PM, #9

nzty420aJul-16-11 11:59 AM
43 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108819, "RE: fuel system questions "
In response to Reply # 0

HELLO ??? does anyone ead or reply on this board?

ezJul-16-11 12:05 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#108820, "RE: fuel system questions "
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by nzty420a
when instaling an fmu on my fuel system on my 99 eclipse nt what size fmu do you guys recomend? and is there anything in my fuel rail that i need to modify or remove . and i was looing at a fuel line break down on my fuel system and would it be best to run a new return line all the way to the tank ? and i also read something about disconect the vac line to the stock fpr is this true also ? sorry so many questions just wanna make sure everything works properly

The board is slow nowadays, but you will find nearly all your answers are answered with the search engine.

I converted to a 95 fuel rail with a return all the way back to the tank, SFMU, and completely delete the stock FPR.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

nzty420aJul-29-11 04:42 PM
43 posts,
#108856, "RE: fuel system questions "
In response to Reply # 2

i was gonna do an obx fuel rail i know there are better ones but i found one for cheap . and return line also . 1:1 fpr and some injectors around 32lbs ... if anyone has amy turbo stuff that i can use let me know . thanks

SilvrEclipsAug-05-11 10:23 AM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
534 posts,
#108860, "RE: fuel system questions "
In response to Reply # 3
Aug-05-11 10:24 AM by SilvrEclips

If you are wanting to use a FMU you need to keep your stock regulator on the filter. You would need a SFMU to delete the stock fpr. It seems you are a little confused about the fuel system, you mention larger injectors and a 1:1 regulator. These are pretty much your options for fuel listed worst to best IMO.

Stock FPR and injectors with a 12:1 FMU
Vortech SFMU with larger injectors, 310 or 440cc
1:1 regulator with Megasquirt and larger injectors.

You will need a better fuel pump with all of these setups. These are the most common setups, you could get creative with an 8 inj setup or running sub injectors with Emanage but these are the most common

98 Eclipse GS Turbo
Built motor - MS2 - Holset hy35 - Zoom Stg 4 Clutch - 57.5mm TB - ARP Headstuds - Turbonetics wastegate - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Cobra calipers w/ 13" Rotors - Oil Cooler - DevilsOwn meth injection

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i

nzty420aAug-05-11 08:42 PM
43 posts,
#108861, "RE: fuel system questions "
In response to Reply # 4
Aug-05-11 09:09 PM by nzty420a

ok thanks for the info . And i have a megasquirt i just dont understand it yet so i was gonna go the sfmu route for now and injectors , until i can fully understand my megasquirt. i now have most of my parts . fmic, garrett t3 with external wastegate, bov , intercooler piping ,boost gauge ,downpipe . now i still need the walbro fuel pump, injectors , sfmu , wideband ,oil lines, and fuel cut defender , and i think thats it so far. what injectors can i use ? as far as new or used like a mustang injector or what? what exactly is the difference between a fmu and a sfmu ,and a 1:1 fpr?

SilvrEclipsAug-08-11 06:30 AM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
534 posts,
#108865, "RE: fuel system questions "
In response to Reply # 5

Megasquirt is a pretty complex install for someone who is not very good at wiring or tuning. Its a lot to just jump right into. With that said buy the parts to run a SFMU setup is going to cost you a lot more in the long run because when you switch to MS you will be buying a different set of injectors and a 1:1 regulator. If I were you I would start off with MS since you already have it and try to find someone close to you that can help you tune it or show you how to run it.

Here is the difference between the FPR.

The FMU is stickly a rise rate regulator, when boost starts it restricts the fuel return rising the fuel pressure 12psi for ever 1psi of boost, the extra fuel pressure forces more fuel from the injectors. This works but with fuel pressures over 100psi its hard on the fuel pump and not adjustable at all. This is with a 12:1 FMU

The SFMU has a regulator built in so you can adjust base fuel pressure and also change the rise rate of the fuel pressure. It works like the FMU but much more adjustable.

The 1:1 FPR lets you set base fuel pressure and raises fuel pressure 1 psi for ever 1 psi of boost. You use MS to control the injectors for how much fuel you need to inject.

98 Eclipse GS Turbo
Built motor - MS2 - Holset hy35 - Zoom Stg 4 Clutch - 57.5mm TB - ARP Headstuds - Turbonetics wastegate - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Cobra calipers w/ 13" Rotors - Oil Cooler - DevilsOwn meth injection

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i

nzty420aAug-09-11 09:21 PM
43 posts,
#108881, "RE: fuel system questions "
In response to Reply # 6

ok this makes good scence thank you what style injector do i need like will mustang injectors work? or what can i swap some out of that will work and we are high impedence rite?

AdministratorCODE4Aug-10-11 05:27 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#108896, "RE: fuel system questions "
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by nzty420a
ok this makes good scence thank you what style injector do i need like will mustang injectors work? or what can i swap some out of that will work and we are high impedence rite?

Do everyone a favor and exercise proper capitalization, spelling, and grammar. Your posts are painful to read.

2GNT injectors are high impedance.

---

2012 2500HD LML

nzty420aAug-10-11 08:41 PM
43 posts,
#108897, "RE: fuel system questions "
In response to Reply # 8

Well looks like its gonna be a little while b4 i can turbo my car since some ass hole just ran me off the road and down a 10 foot embankment .. car totaled but thanks for all the help.

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108812 Previous topic | Next topic