Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108788
View in linear mode

Subject: "Using an internal wastegate with an AEM tru boost controller" Previous topic | Next topic
FabsJun-30-11 02:14 AM
Member since Jun 24th 2011
30 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108788, "Using an internal wastegate with an AEM tru boost controller"

Hi there, I'm on the way to turn my 420a N/A to Turbo, I already got my turbo a garrett T3 that has an internal wastegate, but I got some questions, is a good idea using the Internal wastegate in order to not use an external one?

I.E. I have seen some videos from AEM that show you how this will control the boost range that you want, what I want to do with this is eliminate the boost peaks that are bad for my engine...

I want to buy the FMU 10:1 obviusly with a WALBRO 255,I will use this FMU with the stocks injector, I want to get 8psi SAFE.

Other setup I got in mind is 310cc injectors with a FMU 8:1 with a Bleed valve, Using a SAFC to regulate mixture in idle...

If you know a good setup to go safe, let me know... I don't have a lot of money to get a megasquirt or a SFMU, so I want something different...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Ebster1085Jun-30-11 08:50 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2009
531 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108789, "RE: Using an internal wastegate with an AEM tru boost controller"
In response to Reply # 0

There is wayyy too much going on in this post man.

As far as an internal wastegate vs external, this is a very debateable topic. I think all would agree that an external wastegate is easier to tune, but there is nothing wrong with an internal one. I run an internal wastegate with adjustable springs and have no issues.

If you want a cheap and easy fuel set up I would say go with either an FMU or a rising rate FPR. If you want to be safe on stock internals, keep boost around 8-10psi. 270-300cc injectors should be a nice starting point with that type of boost and you wont have any issues with tuning idle. Like you said, you will need an upgraded fuel pump and the Wally 255 is a good choice. Also, convert to a return line system. I have a BEGI rising rate regulator with fittings and mounting hardware, as well as some Accel 270cc injectors if you are interested.

Other than that, if you want to go with a really cheap tuning method run a narrow band AFR gauge and make sure when you are boosting it always reads rich. If you want to spend a little more to fine tune, go with a wideband AFR and some sort of datalogging software.

Good luck, and try to make your posts a little more specific going forward.

1999 Eclipse GS
Built motor
Hahn 16G Turbo w/ FMIC
Hahn Stage 5 Portfueler (270's & 500's)
Zeitronix Zt-2 wideband w/ 3.5bar MAP
3" SS Turbo Back
CM Stage 4 Clutch and Fidanza Flywheel
Baer Big Brake Kit

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

FabsJun-30-11 01:11 PM
Member since Jun 24th 2011
30 posts,
#108790, "RE: Using an internal wastegate with an AEM tru boost controller"
In response to Reply # 1
Jun-30-11 01:14 PM by Fabs

I already got my wideband, but what I want is to go ssfe with a FMU, which size would be the best with a walbro and stock injectors?...

Other setup that I csn afford is to get the 310cc injector, but some people told me that I will get problems when the car go idle, it's that true?...

PD: I'm trying to get 8psi safe...

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108788 Previous topic | Next topic