Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108742
View in linear mode

Subject: "Is my MAP sensor dead?" Previous topic | Next topic
SllewMay-30-11 08:19 PM
Member since Oct 01st 2007
21 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108742, "Is my MAP sensor dead?"

I was trying to tune my symtech fcd, and using the multimeter set to dc voltage. With the negative on the negative wires, and the positive to the "out" wire and the voltage stays around 2 volts. When I unplug the MAP sensor and blow into it the voltage goes to zero.
With the positive to the "in" wire on the fcd which is the output on the MAP sensor I get zero volts no matter what.
I don't think Im using the multimeter wrong because I put the positive to the 12 volt switched on the fcd and it gives me 12 volts.

The car is also studdering at lower rpms, around 2 to 3 thousand, but I don't know if its because of that or because I'm running an open downpipe at the moment.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Is my MAP sensor dead?, Sllew, May-31-11 07:18 PM, #1
RE: Is my MAP sensor dead?, Ebster1085, Jun-01-11 06:07 AM, #2
      RE: Is my MAP sensor dead?, Sllew, Jun-01-11 09:22 AM, #3
           RE: Is my MAP sensor dead?, AdministratorCODE4, Jun-01-11 01:01 PM, #4
                RE: Is my MAP sensor dead?, Sllew, Jun-01-11 02:25 PM, #5
                     RE: Is my MAP sensor dead?, Sllew, Jun-02-11 05:29 PM, #6
                          RE: Is my MAP sensor dead?, Sllew, Jun-02-11 06:52 PM, #7
                               RE: Is my MAP sensor dead?, Sllew, Jun-03-11 04:28 PM, #8

SllewMay-31-11 07:18 PM
21 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108743, "RE: Is my MAP sensor dead?"
In response to Reply # 0

And now I just tried to tune my BEGI fpr at full boost, 5 psi, stage 1, and im getting like 140 psi on my fuel pressure guage! WTF
Oh and the needle on it is out all the way.

Guessing something blocking the fuel return line?
Hose might be pinched a little by the hood, but idle fuel pressure is only 5 psi off with the hood closed.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Ebster1085Jun-01-11 06:07 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2009
531 posts,
#108744, "RE: Is my MAP sensor dead?"
In response to Reply # 1

Did you make sure to remove the shrader valve from the fuel rail before installing the return line?

1999 Eclipse GS
Built motor
Hahn 16G Turbo w/ FMIC
Hahn Stage 5 Portfueler (270's & 500's)
Zeitronix Zt-2 wideband w/ 3.5bar MAP
3" SS Turbo Back
CM Stage 4 Clutch and Fidanza Flywheel
Baer Big Brake Kit

SllewJun-01-11 09:22 AM
21 posts,
#108745, "RE: Is my MAP sensor dead?"
In response to Reply # 2

Yes I did.

Is there anyway that the o2 sensors not being hooked up is causing it to dump more fuel?
I guess I'll find out if they're the problem later today if I can get into the muffler shop.

AdministratorCODE4Jun-01-11 01:01 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#108746, "RE: Is my MAP sensor dead?"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by Sllew
Is there anyway that the o2 sensors not being hooked up is causing it to dump more fuel?

Not likely, especially to that degree.

---

2012 2500HD LML

SllewJun-01-11 02:25 PM
21 posts,
#108747, "RE: Is my MAP sensor dead?"
In response to Reply # 4

Damn, I don't see any kinks in the return line either.
Could that little aluminum thing in the FPR already be broken after a few days?

SllewJun-02-11 05:29 PM
21 posts,
#108748, "RE: Is my MAP sensor dead?"
In response to Reply # 5

Ok, now I took my vac hose off of the fpr and back on because I saw on here somebody else did that and now my fuel pressure goes down a little when in boost and then jumps up to like 80 psi when i let off the gas.

SllewJun-02-11 06:52 PM
21 posts,
#108749, "RE: Is my MAP sensor dead?"
In response to Reply # 6

Nevermind that last part, fuel pump fuse blew.
Now I'm back to really high fuel pressures

SllewJun-03-11 04:28 PM
21 posts,
#108750, "RE: Is my MAP sensor dead?"
In response to Reply # 7

Ok, I think I figured out the high fuel pressure thing.
I put a checkvalve on the vac line between the turbo/wastegate line to the fpr.
Even though that line is not supposed to be getting vac I guess it was getting some.

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108742 Previous topic | Next topic