Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108730
View in linear mode

Subject: "HRC downpipe and a/c lines?" Previous topic | Next topic
SllewMay-26-11 11:07 PM
Member since Oct 01st 2007
21 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108730, "HRC downpipe and a/c lines?"

I've searched and cant find anything on this. I have my hahn downpipe piece attached to the turbo, but I can't figure out how to get the turbo on the manifold studs.
The downpipe keeps hitting the closest a/c line and won't get past that to get the turbo on the studs.
I've also tried putting the turbo in without the dp but then I still have that a/c line getting in the way.

I loosened the bolt next to the line to try turning it slightly, but just ended up spraying freon everywhere lol.

I pushed the fan to the side, but would it help if it was out of there?

Feels like I'm filling this board up with my install problems haha, hopefully this will be the last one!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

420agreenvilleSCMay-27-11 07:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108731, "RE: HRC downpipe and a/c lines?"
In response to Reply # 0
May-27-11 07:24 AM by 420agreenvilleSC

Originally posted by Sllew
I loosened the bolt next to the line to try turning it slightly, but just ended up spraying freon everywhere lol.

and most likely PAG oil too

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SllewMay-27-11 12:18 PM
Member since Oct 01st 2007
21 posts,
#108732, "RE: HRC downpipe and a/c lines?"
In response to Reply # 1

Whatever it is I'm just going to let it drain out so I can move that ac line.

iamnotwhoiamMay-29-11 05:28 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#108741, "RE: HRC downpipe and a/c lines?"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by Sllew
Whatever it is I'm just going to let it drain out so I can move that ac line.

If you want your ac to work again you are going to have to probably refill the oil on the ac compressor and pull a vacuum on the system and then refill the ac refrigerant. fun stuff.

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108730 Previous topic | Next topic