Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108674
View in linear mode

Subject: "need help" Previous topic | Next topic
blocker92May-04-11 09:51 AM
Member since May 04th 2011
1 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108674, "need help"

I have a 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS, i want to turbocharge it but i don't know what i need to do about the ecu problem. I've heard of 'tricking' the ecu but know nothing about it. if anybody can help me out in this area suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMay-04-11 10:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108675, "RE: need help"
In response to Reply # 0
May-04-11 10:00 AM by DarkOne

This question is best answered by a search. We have been turbocharging these cars since they were new.

There's not much to trick on the ECU. 96+ cars will fuel cut when they see boost, so most people add a voltage clamp on the MAP sensor to prevent the ECU from seeing any value above 0psia.

Fuel is usually added in a manner the ECU has no control over, e.g. increasing fuel pressure via a variable rate-of-gain regulator.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

jdm1990May-06-11 11:49 AM
Member since Jun 19th 2010
76 posts,
#108684, "RE: need help"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by DarkOne 96+ cars will fuel cut when they see boost.

Do the 95 ecu's any different?

RoninEclipse2GMay-11-11 12:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#108694, "RE: need help"
In response to Reply # 4

95 ECUs could care less if they see boost. Just don't try to use a 95 ECU in a 96+ car. It won't even plug in.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Wes TankMay-04-11 10:01 AM
Member since Oct 13th 2006
214 posts,
#108676, "RE: need help"
In response to Reply # 0
May-04-11 10:03 AM by Wes Tank

You can also go a more elaborate route and have much more control over everything with one of these systems.

Hahn portfueler

http://www.turbosystem.com/auto/engine/Portfueler.htm

Megasquirt

http://www.symtechlabs.com/catalog/complete-420aneon-megasquirt-ems-kit-p-57.html

AdministratorCODE4May-04-11 10:18 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#108677, "RE: need help"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by blocker92
I have a 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS, i want to turbocharge it but i don't know what i need to do about the ecu problem. I've heard of 'tricking' the ecu but know nothing about it. if anybody can help me out in this area suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Never start a thread with such an undescript subject line.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108674 Previous topic | Next topic