Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108568
View in linear mode

Subject: "I need help with my first start engine." Previous topic | Next topic
roberto ibizaMar-13-11 08:45 AM
Member since Apr 19th 2009
13 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108568, "I need help with my first start engine."

Hello everyone, I recently installed a Treadstone turbo kit. my setup is.:

JE Pistons 8:8.1
Eagle Cranks
Cometic Board.
1:1 AFPR
440cc injectors
walbro 255lhp
AEM Wideband
AEM Tru-boost
Apexi NEO

ok, once I had everything installed, start the car and really do not sound bad, but is not stable.
I would like to know what pressure I have to take the AFPR.
Also if you have some parameters to adjust the NEO.
Thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

AdministratorCODE4Mar-13-11 09:25 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108569, "RE: I need help with my first start engine."
In response to Reply # 0

You need to adjust your fuel pressure to obtain a near stoichiometric reading on your wideband. Every setup is different.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

roberto ibizaMar-13-11 10:39 AM
13 posts,
#108570, "RE: I need help with my first start engine."
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks for responding.
I tell you a bit as I tried.
I first set the basics of neo, leaving the air-map parameters to 0.
4-cylinder, air above, l-th 30% and 80% Hi-th sensor and 7 above and 7 below.
The pressure of gas in 20 to 25 psi and the car is below the wideband 10.50.
I uploaded a little pressure, 30 - 35 and the car is a little better, but not stable.

Tired2Nov-27-12 11:14 PM
Member since Sep 23rd 2012
124 posts,
#109579, "RE: I need help with my first start engine."
In response to Reply # 2

Be sure on the neo you also set it to pressure mode.
On the 'etc' menu you can view the sensors... make sure when you have 0's across the board that the out voltage matches the in voltage. Mine is say 3.65v with the engine off, which I'm not sure is correct. I have a similar setup, and it will idle, but just barely. I think I ended up with a base pressure of 20 or so, but I'm running lean still and have not tuned it in yet.
I think this setup just really needs megasquirt, it is a lot to ask the original ECU. Some guys are running, but I have about 1 mile on my car (since I got it) and I'm ready to go for MS.

roberto ibizaNov-28-12 08:49 AM
13 posts,
#109580, "RE: I need help with my first start engine."
In response to Reply # 3

Thanks for responding, the truth is that I have also recently migrated to megasquirt. with apexi Neo adjustments had many problems.

Tired2Feb-10-13 01:48 PM
Member since Sep 23rd 2012
124 posts,
#109604, "RE: I need help with my first start engine."
In response to Reply # 4

I did the same (running MS after failing to tune the Neo / fmu).

I am in the process of making videos of my install, search "Evan's Megasquirt Build" on youtube if you are interested. I'm still new, but I'm making videos as I learn things.

In the process of switching to MS, I realized I had a bad injector, which was probably throwing off my ability to tune it all in with the stock ECU, but I got the car with MS in mind anyway, and I'm well on my way.

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108568 Previous topic | Next topic