Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108457
View in linear mode

Subject: "turbo vac " Previous topic | Next topic
DstachJan-29-11 08:10 PM
Member since Dec 04th 2010
276 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108457, "turbo vac "

ok so im about to turbo my car. i heard of getting vacuum off the intake but with a turbo the manifold will be pressurized wont it?and the turbo has the fitting of the air outlet side. i run that to the bottom hole on my waistegate right?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: turbo vac , TurbchargdSpydr, Jan-30-11 11:59 AM, #1
RE: turbo vac , Dstach, Jan-30-11 12:12 PM, #2
      RE: turbo vac , AdministratorCODE4, Jan-30-11 04:07 PM, #3
           RE: turbo vac , Dstach, Jan-30-11 08:12 PM, #4
                RE: turbo vac , 420agreenvilleSC, Jan-31-11 04:10 PM, #5
                     RE: turbo vac , Dstach, Jan-31-11 06:54 PM, #6
                          RE: turbo vac , AdministratorCODE4, Jan-31-11 06:55 PM, #7
                               RE: turbo vac , Dstach, Jan-31-11 06:58 PM, #8
                                    RE: turbo vac , AdministratorCODE4, Jan-31-11 07:03 PM, #9
                                         RE: turbo vac , Dstach, Jan-31-11 08:00 PM, #10

TurbchargdSpydrJan-30-11 11:59 AM
Member since Jul 25th 2010
159 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108458, "RE: turbo vac "
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by Dstach
ok so im about to turbo my car. i heard of getting vacuum off the intake but with a turbo the manifold will be pressurized wont it?and the turbo has the fitting of the air outlet side. i run that to the bottom hole on my waistegate right?

Here is correct way to do it: Wastegate bottom side port goes to the turbo outlet, the top outlet of the wastegate stays open to the atmosphere...finally the bov goes to the IM because it needs to see vacuum and boost, IIRC!!

- Hope I helped!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DstachJan-30-11 12:12 PM
276 posts,
#108459, "RE: turbo vac "
In response to Reply # 1

very well put thank you. lastly boost gauge if off intake manifold too correct? these are the only things im not so sure about sorry. vac lines change a car completely so

AdministratorCODE4Jan-30-11 04:07 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#108460, "RE: turbo vac "
In response to Reply # 2

vac lines change a car completely so

What are you saying here?

Boost gauge can be hooked up anywhere between compressor and IM. Depends on where you want to read boost from.

---

2012 2500HD LML

DstachJan-30-11 08:12 PM
276 posts,
#108461, "RE: turbo vac "
In response to Reply # 3

if vacuum lines are wrong a car can run horribly is what i was saying. one of the things i knew what i wanted to say but just didn't get it out that way. but thank you

420agreenvilleSCJan-31-11 04:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#108463, "RE: turbo vac "
In response to Reply # 4
Jan-31-11 04:12 PM by 420agreenvilleSC

I never really nailed down your question. Are you hooking up a boost/vac gauge? a wastegate? something else?

if it's a WG, do it off the turbo comp side
if it's a boost/vac gauge, off a vac source

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

DstachJan-31-11 06:54 PM
276 posts,
#108464, "RE: turbo vac "
In response to Reply # 5

both. first guy answered the vac lines. then i don't remember who answered the boost gauge. i'm probly hooking it up at the manifold so i don't over boost stock internals

AdministratorCODE4Jan-31-11 06:55 PM
2552 posts,
#108465, "RE: turbo vac "
In response to Reply # 6

i'm probly hooking it up at the manifold so i don't over boost stock internals

That reasoning holds no water.

---

2012 2500HD LML

DstachJan-31-11 06:58 PM
276 posts,
#108466, "RE: turbo vac "
In response to Reply # 7

how come? i want to make sure i don't have boost past like 5-8 on stock internals. where should i read from?

AdministratorCODE4Jan-31-11 07:03 PM
2552 posts,
#108467, "RE: turbo vac "
In response to Reply # 8

You are differentiating between vac lines and your manifold. The vac lines are hooked to your manifold, so it is the same situation.

All you need to realize is that some devices need a vac/boost source where some need a boost only source. That will dictate where you make connections.

---

2012 2500HD LML

DstachJan-31-11 08:00 PM
276 posts,
#108468, "RE: turbo vac "
In response to Reply # 9

ok thank you

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108457 Previous topic | Next topic