Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108451
View in linear mode

Subject: "BK7RE's discontinued, what are you using?" Previous topic | Next topic
JJan-25-11 02:48 PM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108451, "BK7RE's discontinued, what are you using?"
Jan-25-11 03:16 PM by J

NGK BKR7E/6097

Well I guess they've stopped making them for a couple years now, and my stash is gone & am in need of some new plugs... SOoooooooooo, what are you using these days? I see NAPA is reporting they've been 'superceded' by NGK's 4644... is this simply a change in part number or what?

- J

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: BK7RE's discontinued, what are you using?, AdministratorCODE4, Jan-25-11 03:47 PM, #1
RE: BK7RE's discontinued, what are you using?, J, Jan-25-11 04:11 PM, #2
      RE: BK7RE's discontinued, what are you using?, Yo, Jan-28-11 07:04 PM, #3
           RE: BK7RE's discontinued, what are you using?, ModeratorCorbin, Feb-09-11 12:21 PM, #4
                RE: BK7RE's discontinued, what are you using?, 420agreenvilleSC, Feb-09-11 05:24 PM, #5
                     RE: BK7RE's discontinued, what are you using?, eclipserstturbo, Feb-10-11 11:25 PM, #6
                          RE: BK7RE's discontinued, what are you using?, ModeratorCorbin, Feb-11-11 08:20 PM, #7
                               RE: BK7RE's discontinued, what are you using?, eclipserstturbo, Feb-15-11 10:58 PM, #8

AdministratorCODE4Jan-25-11 03:47 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108452, "RE: BK7RE's discontinued, what are you using?"
In response to Reply # 0

They did not discontinue them - for some reason they assigned a new part number. 4644 is the correct & current part # for the BKR7E.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/NGK-4644/

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

JJan-25-11 04:11 PM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
#108453, "RE: BK7RE's discontinued, what are you using?"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanx, I appreciate it... just caught me offguard

- J

YoJan-28-11 07:04 PM
Member since Dec 09th 2006
80 posts,
#108456, "RE: BK7RE's discontinued, what are you using?"
In response to Reply # 2

Thank you for that information. I just happen to need plugs for my car, because its gonna be 8 degree on tuesday and I'm getting a slight miss in the morning at first start up due to those bastards.

Its 60 degrees today!!!!!!!!! Why Kansas.

"Treat a human being like a human being, you'll be suprised what happens".

ModeratorCorbinFeb-09-11 12:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#108502, "RE: BK7RE's discontinued, what are you using?"
In response to Reply # 3

And if the parts guy is too dumb to look it up by 4644, you can tell them it is for a 1998 Aston Martin DB7. If you are feeling modest, say a 1997 Volvo 850 T5.

Corbin
'95 ESI-T

Now with more power and fewer leaks

Humble servant of the Wiki

420agreenvilleSCFeb-09-11 05:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#108503, "RE: BK7RE's discontinued, what are you using?"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by Corbin
you can tell them it is for a 1998 Aston Martin DB7. If you are feeling modest, say a 1997 Volvo 850 T5

didn't know that. good info.

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

eclipserstturboFeb-10-11 11:25 PM
Member since Nov 19th 2008
281 posts,
#108504, "RE: BK7RE's discontinued, what are you using?"
In response to Reply # 5

So, what are the 5553s? That's what I'm currently running in both of my cars, NA and turbo. Are these wrong?

I CONTRIBUTED TO THE WIKI!
ah... turbo. I love the turbo, the boost, the speed, the sound.
and its all better when you do it yourself. cheaper too.

ModeratorCorbinFeb-11-11 08:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#108505, "RE: BK7RE's discontinued, what are you using?"
In response to Reply # 6

5553 is a BKR6ES...your car will explode.

That is just the standard copper plug in a stock heat range. You can buy the V-power version for the same price (BKR6E). Either would be fine for a stock car. You could even go to a hotter BKR5E V-power without issue. In a turbo car, it would be safer to run a colder plug like the BKR7E V-power.

Corbin
'95 ESI-T

Now with more power and fewer leaks

Humble servant of the Wiki

eclipserstturboFeb-15-11 10:58 PM
Member since Nov 19th 2008
281 posts,
#108517, "RE: BK7RE's discontinued, what are you using?"
In response to Reply # 7

Thank you sir. You're my hero

I CONTRIBUTED TO THE WIKI!
ah... turbo. I love the turbo, the boost, the speed, the sound.
and its all better when you do it yourself. cheaper too.

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108451 Previous topic | Next topic