Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108284
View in linear mode

Subject: "Problem with my fuel setup" Previous topic | Next topic
roberto ibizaOct-27-10 01:53 PM
Member since Apr 19th 2009
13 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108284, "Problem with my fuel setup"

Hello family, I am in process of assembling Treadstone turbo my car, a 420th.
I have a problem with gasoline.
In Spain not find anyone who knows how to solve the problem and I'm very lost.
I have to install.
RC 440cc injectors.
12:1 FMU
1:1 AFPR
Apexi Neo.
This is correct?
What would be perfect for my car?
Sorry, but I'm really lost, because in Ibiza where I live there is nobody to operate the motor 420A. in fact, mine is the only engine that exist on the island.
So I need your help.
Thanks.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Problem with my fuel setup, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Oct-27-10 02:00 PM, #1
RE: Problem with my fuel setup, roberto ibiza, Oct-27-10 02:25 PM, #2
      RE: Problem with my fuel setup, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Oct-28-10 05:46 AM, #3
           RE: Problem with my fuel setup, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Oct-28-10 07:02 AM, #4
                RE: Problem with my fuel setup, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Oct-28-10 07:09 AM, #5
                     RE: Problem with my fuel setup, roberto ibiza, Oct-28-10 09:02 AM, #6
                          RE: Problem with my fuel setup, roberto ibiza, Oct-28-10 09:09 AM, #7
                               RE: Problem with my fuel setup, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Oct-28-10 09:41 AM, #8
                                    RE: Problem with my fuel setup, roberto ibiza, Nov-14-10 06:46 AM, #9
                                         RE: Problem with my fuel setup, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Nov-14-10 02:29 PM, #10

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneOct-27-10 02:00 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108285, "RE: Problem with my fuel setup"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by roberto ibiza
RC 440cc injectors.

These are fine, but without an SAFC or adjustable rising-rate regulator, you won't be able to idle them on the stock ECU.

12:1 FMU

If you're going to run 440's, a 12:1 FMU is way too high a rate of gain. I'd step it down to a 3:1 or a 4:1 instead. Alternately, for low boost you can skip the 440's and run the stock injectors with the 12:1. With a high pressure fuel pump, you'd be good for 5-6psi.

1:1 AFPR

if you're running the 12:1 FMU (or 4:1, or 3:1) you can skip this and use the stock fuel pressure regulator, as long as you also get...

Apexi Neo.

This was a common configuration back in the day: SAFC (now called AFC-NEO, apparently), 440cc/min injectors, and a 3:1 or 4:1 FMU running with the stock fuel pressure regulator.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

roberto ibizaOct-27-10 02:25 PM
13 posts,
#108286, "RE: Problem with my fuel setup"
In response to Reply # 1

Sorry, also I have a walbro 255 lhp.
Ok, then I suggest you install the injectors of origin?
with the injectors of origin will have little power?
would need to work with 440cc injectors?
thanks.

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonOct-28-10 05:46 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#108287, "RE: Problem with my fuel setup"
In response to Reply # 2

Be careful with this setup. The fuels in Europe are more "detonation" prone than our US fuels. Event he same Octane is not equivenant.

Start with your stock injectors and 12:1 or upgrade to an SAFC, 4:1 Super FMU and the 440 injectors.

Terry

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneOct-28-10 07:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#108288, "RE: Problem with my fuel setup"
In response to Reply # 3

Ah, i forgot about that. Ours is RON+MON/2, they rate in Mon by itself...

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonOct-28-10 07:09 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#108289, "RE: Problem with my fuel setup"
In response to Reply # 4

Yeah the Mopar guys have a hell of a time with the old V8's.

roberto ibizaOct-28-10 09:02 AM
13 posts,
#108290, "RE: Problem with my fuel setup"
In response to Reply # 5

Ok, then the configuration would be: FMU 12:1, walbro 255lhp, AFPR and original injectors.
Another configuration would be.: FMU 4:1, Walbro 255LHP, AFPR and 440cc injectors.
think is best in the AFC NEO or attempt to sell it and buy a SFMU?
The fuel here is 98 Octanos.
Thanks for everything

roberto ibizaOct-28-10 09:09 AM
13 posts,
#108291, "RE: Problem with my fuel setup"
In response to Reply # 6

I forgot.
The changes I made in the car are:

JE Pistons 8:8.1
Eagle Beams.
ARP bolts.
Cometic Head gasket.
New oil pump and water pump.
aluminium crank pulley.
OBX. Cam Gears.
Turbo kit, Treadstone.
T3/T4 and compresor .60
Front mount intercooler.
Wastgate external.
Blow off Greedy type RS.
Wideband AEM.
Aem Tru-boost.
AFC Neo.
Walbro 255lhp
Injectors RC 440cc
OBX intake manifold.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneOct-28-10 09:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#108292, "RE: Problem with my fuel setup"
In response to Reply # 7

Given that its a built motor, I'd use the 440cc/min injectors, the SAFC Neo, and a 4:1 FMU. it's a solid (if not very tunable) setup that is good for ~15psi on the STAR/Treadstone turbo.

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

roberto ibizaNov-14-10 06:46 AM
13 posts,
#108299, "RE: Problem with my fuel setup"
In response to Reply # 8

I spoke with Jason of Treadstone and told me that I can mount
440cc injectors with AFPR do not need to mount the FMU, the settings
I can do with the Apexi Neo.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneNov-14-10 02:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#108300, "RE: Problem with my fuel setup"
In response to Reply # 9

a 1:1 AFPR isn't going to get you the fuel pressure you need. You're going to be limited in the amount of boost you can run without some greater-than-1:1 rate of gain.

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108284 Previous topic | Next topic