Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108219
View in linear mode

Subject: "Intercooler piping" Previous topic | Next topic
austin14Oct-03-10 03:30 PM
Member since Aug 25th 2010
7 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108219, "Intercooler piping"

I have a Hahn 16g turbo, unknown FMIC with inlet on one side and outlet on the other side. My problem is routing the piping I would like to have turbo dump out the bottom so my oil inlet is on the top side but it seems that it is going to interefere with the starter. I am limited on my movement because of internal wastegate and length of oil line. Help would be nice. Thank you

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

eclipserstturboOct-03-10 04:29 PM
Member since Nov 19th 2008
281 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108220, "RE: Intercooler piping"
In response to Reply # 0

The internal wastegate might limit you to a point. You should be able to just clock the turbo and things should line up.

On mine, I had to get a longer oil feed to fit to the oil filter adapter since the 36" hose was alot too short. I have a standard piece of high pressure 5/8" hose clamped to the return fitting off the turbo going to the oil pan.

It'll depend on where your pan is tapped for the return and how far you are able to clock the turbo.

As far as the intercooler piping, just go around the subframe in the front on both sides and things should mount up no problem.

I CONTRIBUTED TO THE WIKI!
ah... turbo. I love the turbo, the boost, the speed, the sound.
and its all better when you do it yourself. cheaper too.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Broke4goingOct-06-10 11:00 PM
Member since Nov 22nd 2009
50 posts,
#108230, "RE: Intercooler piping"
In response to Reply # 1
Oct-06-10 11:06 PM by Broke4going

will he be able to clock the turbo with the internal gate? My hahn kit 2yrs ago had one bolt hole on the compressor housing for the actuator arm If I remember right keeping me from being able to clock it.

I might be misunderstanding but you just want to clock the compressor housing a different direction?

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108219 Previous topic | Next topic